Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement AD Imre/Kathleen Walker & AD Christoph/Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 154660 times)
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2012, 01:40:50 AM »

I heard of student groups like this 

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2012, 01:41:48 AM »

Holy crap on a cracker   Nerves     Blink

She seems to like genocide a lot.  Lovely christian values there!  

Hitler was a great example because he knew how to cause revolution?  The Spanish inquisition was a righteous cause?  Kill the non-Christian, save the fetus?  

Listen I'm Catholic, I'm not the best example, but I'm a Catholic.  People like her miss the forest for the trees and give us a bad name.  Pacifism, acceptance, generosity and charity are christian values, not genocide and hate.

I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging open. Please tell me I misread...so I can close it again!

Did Chinny say THAT about Hitler?? Where and when did she say it?   Sad Shocked

"College campuses are great places to start a revolution. Lenin and Hitler knew it. The countercultural revolutionaries of the 1960s knew it. And pro-life college students know it too: The campus-led pro-life revolution is in full swing. This one is countering the culture of death, ushered in by the counterculturalists of the 1960s. It is impassioned and ready to fire up fellow students to stand up for the most abandoned, and to be courageous and uncompromising pro-life leaders."

http://www.clmagazine.org/article/index/id/OTE1MQ/

God, she's a disgrace.  She's also clueless when it comes to history.  Hitler did not get his revolutionary start on a college campus, but that's irrelevant to the fact that she used him as an example of a revolutionary linked to her cause.  She's a shitty human being.  There just really aren't better adjectives to describe her.   Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down

tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2012, 02:54:16 AM »

referring to America's role in the liberation of Europe from the Nazis

wow...as this is neither a royal wedding nor a wedding of significance to any nation this seems just stratospherically pompous and self-important. unbelievable. $100 says these two are married because Imre's looks make him desperate.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2012, 03:16:28 AM »

referring to America's role in the liberation of Europe from the Nazis

wow...as this is neither a royal wedding nor a wedding of significance to any nation this seems just stratospherically pompous and self-important. unbelievable. $100 says these two are married because Imre's looks make him desperate.
[/b]
  True, but Chinny Chin-Chin is no oil painting herself!
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2012, 03:18:55 AM »

He looks absolutely bloodless. I would wonder if he has it in him to beget that anticipated flock of kids.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2012, 05:05:27 AM »

Holy crap on a cracker   Nerves     Blink

She seems to like genocide a lot.  Lovely christian values there!  

Hitler was a great example because he knew how to cause revolution?  The Spanish inquisition was a righteous cause?  Kill the non-Christian, save the fetus?  

Listen I'm Catholic, I'm not the best example, but I'm a Catholic.  People like her miss the forest for the trees and give us a bad name.  Pacifism, acceptance, generosity and charity are christian values, not genocide and hate.

Wow. I've said it before, but as actual Grand Duke of Luxembourg I think Henri was very, very wise to stay away and not risk being photographed with this particular bride and groom. Family or not. And that goes for Guillaume as well.

Yeah, yeah...I know they gave official Court mourning as the reason and all, but something tells me they were simply not eager to rub shoulders with Chinny, and they jumped at the chance not to be there.  Nerves No
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2012, 05:15:20 AM »

I wish the video of the toast was still available—or that someone took a transcript.

I noticed their mass was in Latin. Something about that just feels pretentious.

It is. I know someone who goes out of his way to find a church that offers a weekly mass in Latin. If you're lucky, one church in a diocese might offer a weekly mass in Latin. He thinks it's more pure and makes him more pure or pious. Doesn't matter that everyone in the church needs to read the English translation projected onto a wall.

Now a Latin mass is really beautiful. I don't mind attending one for special occasions - to mark an important church day or another notable day such as the 100th anniversary of my parish. And there is a church near me that offers a Latin mass  in which the choir sings in Renaissance polyphony for the entire mass. Really beautiful. I don't mind going to that once in a while either.

But to do the Latin mass for the purpose of demonstrating greater piety is consistent with all the other preachy things this couple does. They pride themselves in believing they are somehow better than everyone else. Pretentious indeed.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2012, 07:30:11 AM »

[Good for your FIL Thumb up Star

Imre seems like he's all about the Archduke title, family history, and all that stuff in between.  I'd be shocked if he even realized how rude his father was.  I'd be even more shocked if he actually stood up to his dad.  It's really pathetic, and while I think it's funny simply because Katie seems so awful, it does make CC look like a complete tool.  I've heard many royals give speeches to their new daughters in law who were commoners, and I've never, ever heard any of them make the types of comments that CC did.  The irony is that he's not even royal, and in reality, his family history doesn't mean squat.  The era of that family ruling anything is long gone and will never return; this just really makes CC's speech even more obnoxiously rude.  I think it just shows that his parents really don't accept her at all.  Somehow, I can't imagine them saying something like this about Adelaide, their other daughter-in-law-to-be, even though she's not from a royal family Thinking

Funny, I think one of the reasons Imre is marrying Kathleen at all is because she is one of the few (or the only!) women who appreciates his family's incredibly noble stature and importance on the world stage  Clown

Most people would run for the hills if a stranger approached them and (as I'm sure she inevitably did) said "I'm such a big fan of your dead ex-royal great-grandma!" Stalker alert!

If Imre's parents (and maybe even Imre) thinks Katie is beneath them, why would they allow the wedding?
Are they just taken by her religious fervor and devotion to the Hapsburg family history? Do they just like having a stupid woman around who will allow herself to be treated badly in exchange for an royal title?

It's especially puzzling because Imre is the eldest son and stands to inherit whatever Christian has - not a throne, but a decent estate and Katie gets her place in history. I'm sure Imre could've found a titled German, Belgian, or French noblewoman. There are a bunch of those floating around.

Katie strikes me as someone like Mary - just starry eyed at the prospect of being royal, titled, and automatically inserted into the highest rung of European society. If Mary hadn't snagged Fred, she would've been perfectly happy with an Archduke of a non-reigning house who wasn't too rich. For Mary, being "in" high society is really important. Katie got the ring, now the torture begins. The Hapsburgs are more snobby and insular than Scandinavian royalty. Let's see how well she does.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »

Does Katie's daddy have some dough?
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »

Not a whole hell of a lot of it, from the looks of that wedding bumbershoot. It was a decent wedding by middle class standards...but I expected more for a wedding to Royal Prince...even one from a long defunct House.

Also Katie did not attend exclusive private schools. I think she went to public colleges in Kentucky and Ohio.

pocahontas I love to attend Latin Masses too. Occasionally. Quite frankly as beautiful and spiritual as it feels to be in attendance, I don't understand much of what is going on with out a breviary to guide me all the way.  Sad I wish I did.

My point is that like you, I am very leery of people who say that the only legitimate, real Masses are the Latin ones. I know a few fanatics like that.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:26:11 PM by KittyHeaven » Logged
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »

Yes, that's the Mel Gibson crowd, and then there are the sedevacantists and any number of other whackos.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »

Yes, that's the Mel Gibson crowd, and then there are the sedevacantists and any number of other whackos.

Exactly. There is also the Society of St. Pius X whose leader the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre was ex-communicated by John Paul II. They reject each pope after Pius XII as "anti-Pope" and of course every result of the Second Vatican Council, which they feel was a humanist, modernist disaster for the Roman Catholic Church.

I have a friend who belongs to this group. A brilliant guy...a walking encyclopedia educated at UCLA and Georgetown with post grad studies in Italy. He so fiercely believes in the Society that he refuses to attend any Catholic Church that is not affiliated with it. He spent years attempting to persuade me to at least visit with him but I have told him NO each time. There is no point. I think they are crazy and strange and I have told him so.

Our friendship has suffered a bit, but that's the way it is I guess.  Sad
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »

Except that the German guy wearing the shoes of the fisherman has now kissed and made up with the Lefebre gang.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2012, 04:47:02 PM »

Except that the German guy wearing the shoes of the fisherman has now kissed and made up with the Lefebre gang.

I think that might be overstating it a little...he has allowed some concessions like Mass in the Extraordinary Rite..he threw a bone to them obviously...but Benedict XVI has not renounced ANY part of the Second Vatican Council except tacit agreement with their complaints that some of the reforms went too far and resulted in abuses. Which I wholeheartedly agree with by the way.

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »

I think that might be overstating it a little...he has allowed some concessions like Mass in the Extraordinary Rite..he threw a bone to them obviously...but Benedict XVI has not renounced ANY part of the Second Vatican Council except tacit agreement with their complaints that some of the reforms went too far and resulted in abuses. Which I wholeheartedly agree with by the way.

:star:I agree. Allowing the occasional Latin Mass is reasonable. Returning to a Pre-Vatican II rite is not something that I would like to see.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: