Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement AD Imre/Kathleen Walker & AD Christoph/Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 155669 times)
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2012, 11:59:44 PM »

Does Katie's daddy have some dough?

It's frightening what you can find out in five minutes with google.

The family still lives in Cinnci. They bought their home in 1995 for $114,000. It's a four-square built in 1990, with four bedrooms and 1.5 baths. According to tax records, it's 2479 square feet on .16 of an acre.  Judging from the google streetview, it's a lovely home. Can't imagine having seven children in it though.

Based on her father's linkedin profile, I'm going to guess he makes about $120k per year, give or take.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »

Well if it's not Daddy's dough, it must be the piety that trumps the lack of aristocratic roots enough to make her a suitable bride.  Still I can just imagine now snotty those Europeans will be to her.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:25 AM »

It will never happen but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know the details of the prenups for Kathleen and Adelaide. Mainly just to see if Adelaide is treated more generously since she is "one of them". I imagine the terms of Krazy's to be very tight since Imre is the heir and she has the whole Bunny Boiler-Stalker-Gold Digger-Fundy Fanatic element to her.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2012, 02:32:08 AM »

It will never happen but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know the details of the prenups for Kathleen and Adelaide. Mainly just to see if Adelaide is treated more generously since she is "one of them". I imagine the terms of Krazy's to be very tight since Imre is the heir and she has the whole Bunny Boiler-Stalker-Gold Digger-Fundy Fanatic element to her.

Ooooohhh...now we're talkin'! I'd love to get a peek at the pre-nup...IF one exists. I am not convinced that poor besotted Imbred allowed them to force one upon his beloved Chinny.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2012, 03:30:16 AM »

The family still lives in Cinnci. They bought their home in 1995 for $114,000. It's a four-square built in 1990, with four bedrooms and 1.5 baths. According to tax records, it's 2479 square feet on .16 of an acre.  Judging from the google streetview, it's a lovely home. Can't imagine having seven children in it though.

Based on her father's linkedin profile, I'm going to guess he makes about $120k per year, give or take.

I'm guessing the family had to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for this wedding. With 350 guests and $50/head, it would cost $17,500 to feed them. At the St. Regis, dinner would probably cost more that $50. Then add on appetizers, alcohol, photographers, flowers, band/DJ, rent for the ballroom, wedding attire, invitations, favors, gifts to attendants, etc. and this wedding cost $30,000-$40,000. Somehow, I don't think Imre's parents chipped in because they see it as such a privilege for Katie to be allowed into the family.

Neither Imre nor Katie have much of their own money. At 26, they are just starting their careers. He was an intern (likely unpaid) while she was a PR person for Catholic Charities (probably making less than $30K/year). It will be interesting if CC and MA subsidize them for a few years. Katie may still have to rely on her parents to help her pay for the upscale wardrobe she will need to run in this circle. And everything is way more expensive in Europe than in Cincinnati. Making the leap into royal circles from middle class is hard if you don't have taxpayers footing the bill.
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2012, 04:33:14 AM »

I'm guessing the family had to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for this wedding. With 350 guests and $50/head, it would cost $17,500 to feed them. At the St. Regis, dinner would probably cost more that $50. Then add on appetizers, alcohol, photographers, flowers, band/DJ, rent for the ballroom, wedding attire, invitations, favors, gifts to attendants, etc. and this wedding cost $30,000-$40,000. Somehow, I don't think Imre's parents chipped in because they see it as such a privilege for Katie to be allowed into the family.

Neither Imre nor Katie have much of their own money. At 26, they are just starting their careers. He was an intern (likely unpaid) while she was a PR person for Catholic Charities (probably making less than $30K/year). It will be interesting if CC and MA subsidize them for a few years. Katie may still have to rely on her parents to help her pay for the upscale wardrobe she will need to run in this circle. And everything is way more expensive in Europe than in Cincinnati. Making the leap into royal circles from middle class is hard if you don't have taxpayers footing the bill.

The St Regis in DC starts at $250 per head with tax and goes up from there. On the flip side, it only seats 200, so some of the ceremony guests didn't make the cut.

Here's the menu:
https://docs.google.com/v...epEUpH6wfsrVdehNOErdwN3jw

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: September 13, 2012, 04:48:52 AM »

The St Regis in DC starts at $250 per head with tax and goes up from there. On the flip side, it only seats 200, so some of the ceremony guests didn't make the cut.

Here's the menu:

So it's $50,000+ just for dinner. This wedding cost more than half the value of their Cincinnati home. Pretty sure this wedding was a serious stretch for this family. But perhaps they saw it as an investment for Katie.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: September 13, 2012, 04:54:04 AM »

Wow...that honeymoon suite does not look very romantic at all, if that was a photo of the actual room.

It looks like Chinny and Imbred got their wedding cake included as part of their package...it says the St. Regis ONLY does three tier cakes so that sort of explains it, I guess. It was a pretty cake though.

The menu choices are yummy....but there is still something so UN Royal about getting a wedding package from a local hotel no matter how nice it all is. Oh well....they're married and they're happy.

Thanks sleepyvalentina!  Thumb up

pocahontas, the Walkers absolutely saw it as an investment for Katie! I wonder how much $$$$ the Middletons shelled out in the eight years or so they were helping Waity reel in William?? I bet it approached 5-6 figures!!
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: September 13, 2012, 05:20:47 AM »

Ooooohhh...now we're talkin'! I'd love to get a peek at the pre-nup...IF one exists. I am not convinced that poor besotted Imbred allowed them to force one upon his beloved Chinny.

You're probably right because he doesn't seem too bright. Too bad that fancy schmancy education of his couldn't buy common sense.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: September 13, 2012, 06:27:54 AM »

Holy crap on a cracker   Nerves     Blink

She seems to like genocide a lot.  Lovely christian values there!  

Hitler was a great example because he knew how to cause revolution?  The Spanish inquisition was a righteous cause?  Kill the non-Christian, save the fetus?  

Listen I'm Catholic, I'm not the best example, but I'm a Catholic.  People like her miss the forest for the trees and give us a bad name.  Pacifism, acceptance, generosity and charity are christian values, not genocide and hate.

I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging open. Please tell me I misread...so I can close it again!

Did Chinny say THAT about Hitler?? Where and when did she say it?   Sad Shocked

"College campuses are great places to start a revolution. Lenin and Hitler knew it. The countercultural revolutionaries of the 1960s knew it. And pro-life college students know it too: The campus-led pro-life revolution is in full swing. This one is countering the culture of death, ushered in by the counterculturalists of the 1960s. It is impassioned and ready to fire up fellow students to stand up for the most abandoned, and to be courageous and uncompromising pro-life leaders."

http://www.clmagazine.org/article/index/id/OTE1MQ/

God, she's a disgrace.  She's also clueless when it comes to history.  Hitler did not get his revolutionary start on a college campus, but that's irrelevant to the fact that she used him as an example of a revolutionary linked to her cause.  She's a shitty human being.  There just really aren't better adjectives to describe her.   Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down

Considering that Adolf Hitler had no regard for human life that I'd want to reference him in any form as a Pro-life citizen.  Roll Eyes

I truly don't think that she sees the irony in her very uneducated statement  Roll Eyes  Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: September 13, 2012, 06:32:18 AM »

Here's the menu:

So it's $50,000+ just for dinner. This wedding cost more than half the value of their Cincinnati home. Pretty sure this wedding was a serious stretch for this family. But perhaps they saw it as an investment for Katie.

Let's not forget that the wedding reception was in the afternoon.  There probably wasn't a dinner served.  That would definitely be less expensive.  I also thought I saw buffet tables in the far background of the picture where CC was giving a speech.  That is also far cheaper than a sit-down meal. 
milka74it

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: September 13, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »

Really I'm curious to compare this wedding with the second one in december...maybe there will be the snow and the christmas atmosphere will surely give a fairytale vibe..
cowgrrl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2012, 02:57:10 PM »

Wow...that honeymoon suite does not look very romantic at all, if that was a photo of the actual room.

It looks like Chinny and Imbred got their wedding cake included as part of their package...it says the St. Regis ONLY does three tier cakes so that sort of explains it, I guess. It was a pretty cake though.

The menu choices are yummy....but there is still something so UN Royal about getting a wedding package from a local hotel no matter how nice it all is. Oh well....they're married and they're happy.

Thanks sleepyvalentinaThumb up

pocahontas, the Walkers absolutely saw it as an investment for Katie! I wonder how much $$$$ the Middletons shelled out in the eight years or so they were helping Waity reel in William?? I bet it approached 5-6 figures!!

I just shudder at the depths parents are willing to go to to help their child snag a royal spouse. I hate to use the phrase 'pimp out' but that's what it reminds me of.
I mean, DD & I have joked about trying to catch a glimpse of Nikolai if we would ever visit Denmark but I honestly don't have the time or the scheming brain to come up with a situation where the two could meet. If these mamas (& let's be honest, it's usually the moms) could use their brains for good I swear we could cure cancer!!
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: September 13, 2012, 04:06:09 PM »

Really I'm curious to compare this wedding with the second one in december...maybe there will be the snow and the christmas atmosphere will surely give a fairytale vibe..

I'm think it will be very romantic, due to the Christmas atmostphere.  Thumb up Yes
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: September 13, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »

Thanks sleepyvalentina!  Thumb up

One of the (only) perks of my husband traveling for work all the time is the speed with which we rack up hotel and airline points. Consequently, I've stayed at the St Regis twice—once in New York and once in Park City, Utah. In NYC we got a complimentary upgrade to a suite, which came with butler service. The hotel was stunning in public areas, but the suite itself—though a decent size for for a NY hotel room—was a bit rundown. In Park City, we were in an entry level room, and it was amazing. Then again, that's a much newer hotel. I understand the DC St Regis was recently renovated, so I imagine the rooms are in better shape.

I'm thinking the Middletons shelled out a ton. Then again, they've made a fortune from the connection.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:11:49 PM by sleepyvalentina, Reason: typo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: