Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 254   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 811091 times)
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3435 on: February 03, 2019, 01:56:38 PM »

QE  is wearing peach today. Oh,I love her coats! The cloth, the cut - not often the colours,but this one is nice. Is Lady Penelope with her?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:16:59 PM by fruela » Logged
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3436 on: February 03, 2019, 08:02:35 PM »

QE  is wearing peach today. Oh,I love her coats! The cloth, the cut - not often the colours,but this one is nice. Is Lady Penelope with her?

She is.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3437 on: February 03, 2019, 09:04:34 PM »

Saw on  the news ( CNN) the RF will be moved to secret, safe location outside of London in case there are riots after the Brexit vote
Anyone in Britain heard anything ?
LadyBunion

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3438 on: February 03, 2019, 09:23:39 PM »

there are some bits in the paper but they are in the midst of lots of other wacky stories.  It is silly season about anything and everything

There have always been plans in place if needed to move the monarch somewhere safe, but suspect the Queen would be like her father and stay put.

there was the old story about the Victoria  line having an extra lift down from Buck House to the railway line, the line runs v close to the corner of the building but they are have been denied.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3439 on: February 03, 2019, 09:28:51 PM »

February 3, 2019, Britain's Queen Elizabeth II attended Sunday Service at Saint Peter and Saint Paul Church in West Newton, King's Lynn, England.

lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3440 on: February 03, 2019, 09:45:58 PM »

Saw on  the news ( CNN) the RF will be moved to secret, safe location outside of London in case there are riots after the Brexit vote
Anyone in Britain heard anything ?

Iím afraid that I automatically tune out every time I hear the word Brexit, itís driving us insane over here right now.  No one knows what to think or believe and the majority of the public have no real understanding of what may or may not happen in the event of deal/no deal, itís an absolute shambles.  First Iíve heard of riots though, Iím not even sure what the vote is and when it is.  We seem more obsessed with the 3cm of snow thatís happened in a few places 😂😂😂😂
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3441 on: February 03, 2019, 10:33:26 PM »

Huh. Iím sure it was to cause drama but they said itís the same plan in place for threat of nuclear war  Crazy
Iím not sure why they think the royals might be attacked.
The vote is to reverse separating from the EU, correct?
LadyBunion

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3442 on: February 03, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »

there is no second vote (yet) but there are mutterings about a general election in June. Utter chaos will need hordes of candidates in each constituency: Conservative pro Brexit / Conservative pro  EU / Labour pro brexit / Labour pro EU etc etc
Evangelina

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3443 on: February 03, 2019, 11:20:20 PM »

@ cordtx
Cant quote.
Its a extension of Operation Temperer. Logically the retaliation of enraged foreigners/supporters  is to be expected. Assigning manpower to the streets rather than to the royals. They get moved to a easier, less urban area/and less populated.
The cold war thing is hilarious in my opinion. Its anti-terrorism measures, but giving it a cold war narrative makes it more intimidating.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #3444 on: February 03, 2019, 11:28:53 PM »

It seems your regular in-place tactic if things go south for whatever reason and sensationalized by the media.

Brexit is such a mess. I think the EU is a worse mess, but maybe leaving won't work because nobody can agree and the EU clearly wants to punish the UK for even thinking of leaving. Not worth dealing with when the government can't tell left from right these days!

At least it's somewhat heartening everyone else is in a mess too not just us in the States  Laugh bounce
ralf103

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3445 on: February 04, 2019, 12:35:02 AM »

Referring to cold war plans is ridiculous. Of course extra security will be out in place in the event of protests or rioting. I things get rough then of course the Queen and other royals can go back to their country residences where they are less of a target (though I don't believe the RF themselves will be targets anyway) and easier to secure but also one less thing for the police and security services to worry about amidst chaos on the city streets.

The Palace has been centre of protests before, including when the Queen is in residence, so I don't think there is a need to panic just yet. I think plans would likely already be in place for riots/violent protests around BP and other Palaces anyway regardless of Brexit.

lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3446 on: February 05, 2019, 10:10:00 AM »

Thereís a new series starting tonight by Jeremy Paxman called The Queens Children and heís asking whether theyíre worth having? Could be interesting.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #3447 on: February 05, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »

I wonder if he'll go into what terrible parents they were especially to Charles.
lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3448 on: February 06, 2019, 08:13:48 AM »

February 3, 2019, Britain's Queen Elizabeth II attended Sunday Service at Saint Peter and Saint Paul Church in West Newton, King's Lynn, England.

I think this is my favorite color I've ever seen her wear. She looks lovely Smiley
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3449 on: February 06, 2019, 11:45:05 PM »

The Proclamation at St. James's Palace in 1952     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKG2q_9kHvQ
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 254   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: