Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 254   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 812904 times)
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3480 on: February 24, 2019, 02:16:42 AM »

That makes sense and is probably wise. If she continues to have her head down all the way, that, too will be a part of her legacy. Not reining in Meghantoinette soon enough.
I just do not understand why they allow her to do anything she wants?
07ladybug

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3481 on: February 24, 2019, 02:46:38 AM »

That makes sense and is probably wise. If she continues to have her head down all the way, that, too will be a part of her legacy. Not reining in Meghantoinette soon enough.

She may also be waiting for Harry to wise up.
gameofdrones

Baby Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #3482 on: February 24, 2019, 02:58:33 AM »

Maybe they can’t cut off her funds because she’s not using their funds. She’s using hers from merching. And she’s pushed and pushed and there has been no pushback. So she carries on. Queen doesn’t care at all. So what does it take for the people of Britain to decide they don’t want to be played anymore and the centuries-old long con is up?

I would like the long con to be up but I don't think it will happen very quickly. I think people just don't care enough to change it or don't see a way that it could easily be changed. And we did abolish them 400 years ago, chop the heads off, lived in a Republic, ended up with someone who wasnt any better and so we invited the royals back.

You only need 100,000 signatures on a petition to get it debated in Parliament and the most signatures I could see on one about abolishing the monarchy was under 2,000, so I don't think there is enough underlying resentment.

In contrast the poll to name a ship "Boaty McBoatface" had 124,000, so you can see where our priorities rest!

There is a #megxit petition doing rounds on the twitter demanding MM to be stripped of her title.

MM is Mette-Marit here.  Wink

Oops . Ok. Still new here and learning all the nicknames. Smiley
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3483 on: February 24, 2019, 02:59:20 AM »

Please QEII has zero control over this family...regardless of what the PR says.  And Charles lost control of those boys years ago.  No TBTB will bury their heads in the sand until this implodes.  In the past it has taken toe sucking, Andrew Morton biography, or an exclusive international interview for QEII to take action.  
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3484 on: February 24, 2019, 04:14:55 AM »

Its just a matter of how far down the monarchy and royals will get with respect and popularity?
gameofdrones

Baby Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #3485 on: February 24, 2019, 04:29:57 AM »

Please QEII has zero control over this family...regardless of what the PR says.  And Charles lost control of those boys years ago.  No TBTB will bury their heads in the sand until this implodes.  In the past it has taken toe sucking, Andrew Morton biography, or an exclusive international interview for QEII to take action.  

I am sorry if this has been mentioned before but what or who is TPTB??
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3486 on: February 24, 2019, 04:39:02 AM »

Please QEII has zero control over this family...regardless of what the PR says.  And Charles lost control of those boys years ago.  No TBTB will bury their heads in the sand until this implodes.  In the past it has taken toe sucking, Andrew Morton biography, or an exclusive international interview for QEII to take action. 

The Powers That Be—basically the mythical people that run this s*** show.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 04:47:25 AM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
gameofdrones

Baby Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #3487 on: February 24, 2019, 04:40:54 AM »

The Powers The Be—basically the mythical people that run this s*** show.
Oh! Thank you OC.  Thumb up
07ladybug

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3488 on: February 24, 2019, 10:36:56 AM »

That may not be too far away at the rate things are going.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3489 on: February 24, 2019, 10:55:32 PM »

That may not be too far away at the rate things are going.
with the ways things are going you think they will just keep going down and down?
anneboleyn

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3490 on: February 25, 2019, 06:13:18 PM »

I also think that perhaps Queen Elizabeth doesn't know what to do. The world has changed so much since she first became Queen, or even since she was a young girl. The royals used to be famous simply for their birthright, and while that is still true to a degree today - the "young royals" are more celebrity than anything, and that's the difference. Queen Elizabeth has become well known because she is queen, but also from her acts, deeds, and service. William and Harry have become so well known because of their parents' scandal, their mother's death, and now Harry with marrying an American actress.
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3491 on: February 25, 2019, 07:54:58 PM »

I wonder if HM is still nervous after the last time she tried to "help" a married in to the RF - Sarah and D. Sophie Wessex & Tim Laurence seem much more biddable, Sophie had her issues with the whole fake sheik thing but she had dated Edward for a few years before marrying so HM had got to know her and maybe steer her in the right direction.

Now she has a high maintenance, strong willed, woman who's married in after a brief relationship - sound familiar? Maybe HM is worried MEghan and her friends (All 5 of them) will spin any action HM takes as her being racist and dictatorial towards MEghan. Maybe HM is jut letting ME hang herself bring her self down by letting her carry on.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3492 on: February 25, 2019, 08:01:48 PM »

I think the times where the Queen could determine who marries who are over. Plus - they had a few marriages (Diana & Charles and Andrew & Fergie) that looked very good on paper and did not work out.

The problem there was that Harry married an illusion. He thought he knew the girl he married. She played whatever she thought he liked. And now he is in for the ride.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3493 on: February 25, 2019, 11:48:06 PM »

I also think that perhaps Queen Elizabeth doesn't know what to do. The world has changed so much since she first became Queen, or even since she was a young girl. The royals used to be famous simply for their birthright, and while that is still true to a degree today - the "young royals" are more celebrity than anything, and that's the difference. Queen Elizabeth has become well known because she is queen, but also from her acts, deeds, and service. William and Harry have become so well known because of their parents' scandal, their mother's death, and now Harry with marrying an American actress.
So the younger royals are now celebrities?
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3494 on: February 28, 2019, 11:03:57 PM »

February 28

The Queen receives the President of Slovenia @BorutPahor during a private audience at #BuckinghamPalace earlier today.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 254   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: