Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 243   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 783493 times)
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3555 on: May 02, 2019, 02:47:25 AM »

At 93 I am prepared to accept she doesnt travel much.
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3556 on: May 02, 2019, 02:52:18 AM »

There's something called the Chunnel --you can take a train from London to Paris, and from there to anywhere else in Europe.  She doesn't have to fly, though she could, no doubt.  She just does what she wants.

Exactly, she's just a snob who thinks she's better than her contemporary royals. She's always been that way, age and difficulty of travel have zero to do with it.  

It's probably something she got from her mother. The Queen mum was a total snob and had a mega chip on her shoulder because she wasn't born royalty and was "only" born an aristocrat. Marina, the Duchess of Kent (born Princess of Greece and was granddaughter of a Russian Grand Duke), use to call her the little Scots girl or something like that.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #3557 on: May 02, 2019, 11:04:33 AM »

There's something called the Chunnel --you can take a train from London to Paris, and from there to anywhere else in Europe.  She doesn't have to fly, though she could, no doubt.  She just does what she wants.
She is 93. I believe she really cannot fly and traveling by train for so many hours, it would be exhausted and even dangerous for her health.
She could have made a public statement though. That's sure.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3558 on: May 02, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »

i believe that we give her too much credit.
TBH most 93yo that I know and that are still sharp and clear, are still 93 yo and have somewhat tunneled down their vision and their interests.
I can just picture  QEII being informed about  GD's passing, reacting with a "poor chap, how old was he?" And someone else should have prepared a condolence card for her. Perhaps she is also enjoying a good dose of senile stubbornness, insisted on doing it herself and lashed out rather sharply when reminded a third time.. Who knows, she has known all her life that the world turned around her and at her age most people do believe that without having been Queen of an empire.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3559 on: May 02, 2019, 02:45:06 PM »

There's something called the Chunnel --you can take a train from London to Paris, and from there to anywhere else in Europe.  She doesn't have to fly, though she could, no doubt.  She just does what she wants.
She is 93. I believe she really cannot fly and traveling by train for so many hours, it would be exhausted and even dangerous for her health.
She could have made a public statement though. That's sure.

I've known a few people who have lived well into their 90's, and one into her early 90's now. They do not travel much, if at all; tend to fall into certain routines, and smaller circumstances. Hence the DoE preferring Woods Farm at Sandringham? Anyway, while I don't fault her for not going to the funeral, yes, a public statement of condolence might have been made. Did Ed a Sophie go to the funeral? Perhaps she thought that was enough.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3560 on: May 02, 2019, 02:51:04 PM »

The funeral is on Saturday, May 4th. Princess Anne and the Dukes of Gloucester will represent the BRF.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3561 on: May 03, 2019, 02:24:40 AM »

The age excuse doesn't cut it since she has ALWAYS been like this. This isn't anything new.

The last foreign royal funeral she went to was for King Baudouin but I believe she was forced to because his funeral was during her vacation and she was told it would look bad if she didn't go as she had no legit excuse to skip.
Lord Gn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3562 on: May 05, 2019, 06:33:06 PM »

Pretty in Pink
https://i.dailymail.co.uk...age-a-1_1557055498685.jpg
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3563 on: May 06, 2019, 02:25:06 AM »

This is a gorgeous shade of pink that The Queen is wearing!
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3564 on: May 06, 2019, 03:41:54 AM »

It is indeed.
boneofcontention

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3565 on: May 06, 2019, 04:18:32 PM »

Can anyone tell me why there is no heading for Harry/ Meghan and if there is one where its located?

Thanks
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3566 on: May 06, 2019, 04:19:38 PM »

Can anyone tell me why there is no heading for Harry/ Meghan and if there is one where its located?

Thanks

Until a few minutes ago they were not to be spoken of here. They are ion the OT section right now if people behave.
boneofcontention

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3567 on: May 06, 2019, 04:22:57 PM »

Thanks for that info. If I may trouble you further, why are two of the most widely spoken of royals - on a daily basis in London at least in the media- not to be discussed on a forum devoted to royalty?
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3568 on: May 06, 2019, 04:39:47 PM »

Thanks for that info. If I may trouble you further, why are two of the most widely spoken of royals - on a daily basis in London at least in the media- not to be discussed on a forum devoted to royalty?

This is a thread for the Queen and her husband so I don't want to go off topic beyond saying people couldn't behave. I am not board staff so you'd have to ask them for more info.
boneofcontention

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3569 on: May 06, 2019, 05:14:02 PM »

Thanks. Appreciated.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 243   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: