Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 897243 times)
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4245 on: December 28, 2019, 02:41:16 PM »

Most very frail elderly people have this tearing reddish eye problem, just to make sure the eyes are hydrated enough and not prone to infections, salves and eyedrops are often prescribed. Still many people suffer from watering eyes once they go outside. So I can imagine this is Philipp's problem as well.
As to being unshaven or rather badly shaven, at 98 one's skin is also extremely fragile and the slightest pull and scrape could cause a cut or a rupture, which in turn takes far too long to heal, can cause infections and typically bleds to an ugly bruise, that mares your face for days.
So it is really advisable to avoid shaving such critical areas too often or too closely.
But yes, life is quite fatal and all there is left is to wish him the loveliest and happiest of days.

He is one of my alltime favourites. Blessings, Sir!
Oh,you know  what it's like.   Sad   IMO,  if he's  still got his senses, others can only be observant and do their best to help him unobtrusively.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4246 on: December 28, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »

For some reason I always forget about them.  That's very possible.  I wonder when was the last time they came for Christmas Day.

Update:  They (Linley and Chatto Families) were last there in 2015.

I saw them on the Long March at church on Christmas.  They were right behind the York princesses.  I wish,wish,wish we would get photos of the others on this occasion, and not sixteen photos of the Cambridges and two of the queen and that's it.
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4247 on: December 28, 2019, 03:47:42 PM »

For some reason I always forget about them.  That's very possible.  I wonder when was the last time they came for Christmas Day.

Update:  They (Linley and Chatto Families) were last there in 2015.

I saw them on the Long March at church on Christmas.  They were right behind the York princesses.  I wish,wish,wish we would get photos of the others on this occasion, and not sixteen photos of the Cambridges and two of the queen and that's it.

Yes especially as the Chatto sons are very handsome  Tongue and Sarah is one of the loveliest Royals in the family.
Lady Liebe

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4248 on: December 28, 2019, 06:01:14 PM »

Most very frail elderly people have this tearing reddish eye problem, just to make sure the eyes are hydrated enough and not prone to infections, salves and eyedrops are often prescribed. Still many people suffer from watering eyes once they go outside. So I can imagine this is Philipp's problem as well.
As to being unshaven or rather badly shaven, at 98 one's skin is also extremely fragile and the slightest pull and scrape could cause a cut or a rupture, which in turn takes far too long to heal, can cause infections and typically bleds to an ugly bruise, that mares your face for days.
So it is really advisable to avoid shaving such critical areas too often or too closely.
But yes, life is quite fatal and all there is left is to wish him the loveliest and happiest of days.

He is one of my alltime favourites. Blessings, Sir!

Looking like this comes to most everyone who lives to be a great age. Along with the thinness your skin becomes more translucent, and your eyes seem to sink a bit. I'm taking heart though, because I've seen people go on for a few more years after reaching this stage, living well and comfortably. That's my hope for him.

You said it best, so I'll echo you - Blessings, Sir.
Blessings and peace to you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 06:09:16 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4249 on: December 28, 2019, 07:23:31 PM »

You said it best, so I'll echo you - Blessings, Sir.
Blessings and peace to you.

The Queen needs him. And it would be not the same without him. He has always been there.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4250 on: December 28, 2019, 10:25:56 PM »

Beautifully said, Miss Marple.  Star
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #4251 on: December 29, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »

An unusual role for Philip.

Reuters
Sat May 6, 2017
By Jill Gralow  TANNA ISLAND, VANUATU

The retirement of Britain's Prince Philip from public life led world headlines on Thursday, but his most devout and remote followers have only just heard the news.

A tribe in Vanuatu was shocked and dismayed to discover on Saturday that the man they pray to as the son of an ancestral local mountain god will likely never return to their Pacific Island home.

The British royal, who said he would no longer take part in public engagements, alone or alongside his wife, Queen Elizabeth II, is part of the fabric of life in the village of Younanen on Tanna Island.

Villagers pray to the 95-year-old prince daily, asking for his blessing on the banana and yam crops that make their primitive and extremely poor community self-sufficient.

''If he comes one day the people will not be poor, there will be no sickness, no debt and the garden will be growing very well,'' village chief Jack Malia told Reuters through an interpreter at the village's Nakamal, a traditional meeting place where the men gather at night to drink highly intoxicating kava.

According to local legend, the pale-skinned son of the mountain god had ventured across the seas to look for a rich and powerful woman to marry.

Anthropologists believe Philip, who fitted the bill by marrying a powerful woman, became linked to the legend in the 1960s when Vanuatu was an Anglo-French colony known as the New Hebrides. Villagers at the time were likely to have seen portraits of Philip and the Queen at government offices and police stations run by colonial officials.

The belief that Philip...was indeed the travelling son was reinforced in 1974 when he and the Queen made an official visit to the New Hebrides.

The rest of the article at:
uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-royals-vanuatu-idUKKBN18206P

I wonder how the Vanuatans who worship Prince Philip have taken news of his recent illness...
bmbutler2

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4252 on: January 13, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »

Think this was an interesting comment on the article ...

The Queen has done a great job. It will sink in 100% after she isn't around anymore.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...onarch.html#ixzz1kxMD1WvK

when we just have C&C looking glum and W&WK ....

So right. The country will never be the same. It will go downhill.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4253 on: January 13, 2020, 10:54:08 PM »

It will be different. They are the end of an era.

They just functioned ... till the very end. When the DoE was released from hospital recently he was clearly weak, but he wore suit and tie. He is just pure class (even though he had his unclassy moments). Never once he made a huge fuss about himself, he was there and helped the Queen to manage the numerous family crisis they went through, he did his job without complaining.

There will be the little things that you might miss more than the big ones ... the Christmases at Sandringham, the stiff upper lip, the diplomatic way they phrase and handle things ...

KimmySue

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4254 on: January 13, 2020, 11:01:54 PM »

I can't imagine being in Charles' or William's place, or any heir for that matter. You have to lose your mother or father to get the "job" you have been groomed for your entire life. A job you didn't get to choose. You can carve out your own identity to a degree, but you are still restricted due to the future that has been determined for you. I think that would mess with my head. You can't really look forward to getting the position, because it means you have to lose someone that you love (hopefully). It is a position I am thankful I don't have to be in.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4255 on: January 13, 2020, 11:04:42 PM »

They just functioned ... till the very end. When the DoE was released from hospital recently he was clearly weak, but he wore suit and tie. He is just pure class (even though he had his unclassy moments). Never once he made a huge fuss about himself, he was there and helped the Queen to manage the numerous family crisis they went through, he did his job without complaining.

There will be the little things that you might miss more than the big ones ... the Christmases at Sandringham, the stiff upper lip, the diplomatic way they phrase and handle things ...

Re the bolded - and even then he wasn't his usual natty self. He always has been one of the very best dressed men (Charles is, too), and his uncharacteristic untidiness was obvious. Not slovenly, never slovenly, just... slipping.

But neither he nor Liz should have to put up with these ungrateful nitwits. While they fed the situation that led into this, I still feel sorry for them in their nineties.

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4256 on: January 13, 2020, 11:07:05 PM »

The problem is also the the Queen and the DoE have set incredibly high standards. Worked to a really high age without complaining, keeping tradtions, they always were professional, they had an incredible workload.

Looking at Sandringham this Christmas - there is a sense of Good bye in the air. Next Christmas the DoE might not be there anymore. The Queen is nearly 94 at this stage.
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4257 on: January 13, 2020, 11:46:09 PM »

Not to be macabre, but it's very common for longtime couples to go one right after the other. If DoE goes, I don't think QE is far behind.  Sad
Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4258 on: January 13, 2020, 11:50:39 PM »

Not to be macabre, but it's very common for longtime couples to go one right after the other. If DoE goes, I don't think QE is far behind.  Sad

Sad but true.   Cry  Very hard for the family too.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4259 on: January 14, 2020, 02:00:33 AM »

Re the bolded - and even then he wasn't his usual natty self. He always has been one of the very best dressed men (Charles is, too), and his uncharacteristic untidiness was obvious. Not slovenly, never slovenly, just... slipping.

But neither he nor Liz should have to put up with these ungrateful nitwits. While they fed the situation that led into this, I still feel sorry for them in their nineties.

Nah. They created the Andrew and other situations themselves by inaction. Karma doesn’t care how old and frail you are when she comes to collect.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: