Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 315   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1029571 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4290 on: January 28, 2020, 04:53:55 PM »

Suspect that Camilla's discretion and willingness to do whatever for Charles and the Crown while discretely getting in her own family time away from cameras keeps her in good standing. Plus she likes horses and dogs and Scotland what's not to love.
I also think that Philipp while probably happy to tease the young fillys like Kate nowadays much prefers the comfort and Company of women like Anne and Camilla, who faced with one of his jolly jokes will guffaw and have a drink.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4291 on: February 03, 2020, 03:43:29 AM »

The queen wore my favorite brooch of hers today, the Canada jubilee sapphire snowflake. I say she was throwing some shade. Am I right?
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4292 on: February 03, 2020, 06:36:13 PM »

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com

I know she getting over a cold, but I don't think HM's looking very well.

Blame her idiot grandson.

And idiot second son.

I think also this time of year is hard for her. In a few days' time it will the the anniversary of her father's death and succession. When she's seen out she about at this time of year she normally looks solemn and in thought. She has said before that she does not celebrate her accession, rather remember the father to whom she was so close.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4293 on: February 03, 2020, 06:51:18 PM »

And idiot second son.

I think also this time of year is hard for her. In a few days' time it will the the anniversary of her father's death and succession. When she's seen out she about at this time of year she normally looks solemn and in thought. She has said before that she does not celebrate her accession, rather remember the father to whom she was so close.

Her father died when he was 56 which is not old and she was a young woman herself. I was 17 when my father passed and you don't forget them no matter how old you get. I would so love the British royals to start the tradition of abdication like other European families. Makes your ascension as a monarch much less of a bittersweet occasion. 
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4294 on: February 03, 2020, 07:17:50 PM »

And idiot second son.

Her father died when he was 56 which is not old and she was a young woman herself. I was 17 when my father passed and you don't forget them no matter how old you get. I would so love the British royals to start the tradition of abdication like other European families. Makes your ascension as a monarch much less of a bittersweet occasion. 
ITA, not to mention that the transition would be much more easier for the successor, with guidance and without the emotional load.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4295 on: February 03, 2020, 07:27:35 PM »

And idiot second son.

ITA, not to mention that the transition would be much more easier for the successor, with guidance and without the emotional load.

I don’t disagree, and Charles might be willing to consider this. But not QEII. She’ll leave when they carry her out and not before.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4296 on: February 03, 2020, 07:29:42 PM »

I think Charles will hold on to that thrones as much as he can, after waiting to sit on it for so long.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
amster

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4297 on: February 04, 2020, 05:13:52 AM »

I think Charles will hold on to that thrones as much as he can, after waiting to sit on it for so long.

I'm not so sure. He seems like a fairly thoughtful person. I could see him abdicating when he gets very old and helping to guide William.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4298 on: February 04, 2020, 02:22:45 PM »

I'm torn on the issue of abdication. On the one hand, the human-emotional side is clear. An abdication is a gentler transition without harsh feelings, and the abdicated king or queen still has an important function without the pressure. I think the Dutch did it beautifully.

On the other hand, exactly the harshness of the drama is part of the character of monarchy. I remember the scene in the old-but-golden series Edward VII - when the flag is lowered - "the Queen is dead" - "but the King lives". It's this life-or-death drama that gives the British monarchy its harsh, archaic but supremely well-defined profile. 
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4299 on: February 04, 2020, 02:50:54 PM »

It is not tradition for Brit royals to "retire" .... Charles won't but Will might in time .... I won't be around to see it
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4300 on: February 04, 2020, 03:00:21 PM »

I would agree.
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4301 on: February 04, 2020, 03:09:35 PM »

I think QE2 looks nice today, compared to the Christmas photos. She looks relaxed with a genuine smile, but last month, her jaw is clenched. All for obvious reasons.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4302 on: February 04, 2020, 05:15:04 PM »

I'm torn on the issue of abdication. On the one hand, the human-emotional side is clear. An abdication is a gentler transition without harsh feelings, and the abdicated king or queen still has an important function without the pressure. I think the Dutch did it beautifully.

On the other hand, exactly the harshness of the drama is part of the character of monarchy. I remember the scene in the old-but-golden series Edward VII - when the flag is lowered - "the Queen is dead" - "but the King lives". It's this life-or-death drama that gives the British monarchy its harsh, archaic but supremely well-defined profile. 
Have to agree!! As much as they all want to modernize the monarchies and bring them into the 21.century, I wonder if the concept of monarchy and modern isn't actually an anachronism? After all it is a purely hereditary system of lucky birth and basically a vagina lottery.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4303 on: February 05, 2020, 01:33:46 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co....rham-engagement-2020.html

The Queen, 93, returned to work today after her six-week winter break
She is visiting the Royal Air Force station and military base airbase near Marham
The monarch wore a peach and cream coat with a matching hat for the occasion

She out and about again, and looks well.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4304 on: February 06, 2020, 01:23:45 AM »

Have to agree!! As much as they all want to modernize the monarchies and bring them into the 21.century, I wonder if the concept of monarchy and modern isn't actually an anachronism? After all it is a purely hereditary system of lucky birth and basically a vagina lottery.

I stopped wondering about that some time ago, when I decided it definitely is.   IMO the continuation of monarchies has value as a curiosity and/or living history, and is probably harmless as long as the members of the royal families realise they are only being kept for entertainment value and don't believe they are more important and special than the rest of us.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 315   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: