Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 300   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 947217 times)
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4395 on: March 20, 2020, 05:40:23 PM »

The queen's hands are tied in terms of giving out announcements to the nation but I do like the statement she made giving her and Philip's whereabouts. She is not irrelevant she is still a mostly beloved and very longterm head of state and as an elderly person even if I were a republican I would want to know she is personally taking precautions and knows about the virus. I mean at the very least. So this is good. And for those of us who like such things a picture of the queen with her corgi mix doggo is good news indeed. I love the quote that she is willing to do her part let's see Ms. Windsor back in her jumpsuit supervising people working on cars like during WWII lol.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4396 on: March 21, 2020, 11:53:03 AM »

Love that pic with her and her corgie. That dog means business.
And yes there will always be those who complain.
Of course they want us to believe that they do not just complain but criticize while themselves work tirelessly in the soup kitchens and comfort centers.  Whistle yeah sure...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4397 on: March 21, 2020, 03:52:00 PM »

She should tell the staff st Buckingham to go home and turn it into a hospital, Downton Abbey style. I'm sure it would help the NHS. And if they are not going to work, stop taking payment from the government. This lockdown, only day 6, is already getting to me. It's just me and the cat. Angry
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4398 on: March 21, 2020, 04:29:52 PM »

Regarding the Sovereign's Grant  it's my understanding that much of that is used to pay for the salary of their support staff so I would have some concerns about their assistants, secretaries, clerks etc..not receiving income at this point in time.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #4399 on: March 21, 2020, 05:16:55 PM »

And isn't the money mostly handled by a government entity?

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4400 on: March 21, 2020, 11:03:41 PM »

Regarding the Sovereign's Grant  it's my understanding that much of that is used to pay for the salary of their support staff so I would have some concerns about their assistants, secretaries, clerks etc..not receiving income at this point in time.

The optics would be really bad if one of the wealthiest people in the world stopped paying her staff in these circumstances.  As you point out, the money for their pay is covered by the grant.
bmbutler2

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4401 on: March 21, 2020, 11:48:24 PM »

When it comes down to it, no one knows how things like that are being handled. Why pick apart things that no one has direct knowledge about. No one has any idea what Her Majesty is or isn’t doing.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4402 on: March 22, 2020, 12:44:24 AM »

She should tell the staff st Buckingham to go home and turn it into a hospital, Downton Abbey style. I'm sure it would help the NHS. And if they are not going to work, stop taking payment from the government. This lockdown, only day 6, is already getting to me. It's just me and the cat. Angry

Buckingham Palace is in the middle of a major refurbishment. There is building work going on - especially to replace out of date electrical wiring, plumbing and remove ALL the asbestos in the palace. This refurbishment is scheduled to take a decade to complete. Hardly the environment into which you would want to put people with lung problems - such as the covid 19 patients.

Where would you suggest the 100+ staff 'at Buckingham Palace' go 'home' to when they live at the Palace i.e. Buckingham Palace IS their home?

The UK would be better off doing what Spain is doing and turning the hotels into hospitals - at least they have up to date wiring and plumbing for the main as they get refurbished and updated way more often than the palaces do.

TLLK
Regarding the Sovereign's Grant  it's my understanding that much of that is used to pay for the salary of their support staff so I would have some concerns about their assistants, secretaries, clerks etc..not receiving income at this point in time.

Why - the work of the monarchy is still going on - just not the public engagements. All the correspondence is being received and replied to, the red boxes are coming and needing to be dealt with. Arrangements to reschedule engagements or organise tele-conferences rather than meetings etc.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4403 on: March 22, 2020, 12:46:18 AM »

Delete - double post
Queen’s Tea

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4404 on: March 22, 2020, 02:02:41 AM »

I hear ya - I’m alone, no cat.  I can see already I need to set an agenda every day or I’ll go stir crazy. 

I think if this wasn’t such a horribly contagious disease and if the palace weren’t ripped apart, they might well consider it since they’ve put it into such service in the distant past.  They are pretty big on doing their duty under dire circumstances. 
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4405 on: March 22, 2020, 04:25:47 AM »

They have never put BP into service as a hospital.

The governments, in WWI and WWII, did commandeer or ask the owners of large country houses to turn them into convalescent hospitals but never the palaces.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4406 on: March 22, 2020, 04:41:57 AM »

Buck house would never work as hospital. By the time they get it converted the Uk will be past the worse. Never mind that people live there and it’s still a working office and the center of the British Monarchy.

Trying to turn it into a hospital would be like trying to turn the White House or Downing Street into a hospital.
Queen’s Tea

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4407 on: March 22, 2020, 06:10:40 AM »

They have never put BP into service as a hospital.

The governments, in WWI and WWII, did commandeer or ask the owners of large country houses to turn them into convalescent hospitals but never the palaces.

Thank you for the correction. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4408 on: March 22, 2020, 10:56:20 AM »

(..) And if they are not going to work, stop taking payment from the government. This lockdown, only day 6, is already getting to me. It's just me and the cat. Angry

I hear ya - I’m alone, no cat.  I can see already I need to set an agenda every day or I’ll go stir crazy. 

(..)
Would you like to switch with me? I would really like to go on a strictly enforced quarantine now. I am locked up with the fairies, Mr. Fairy and the dogs….

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4409 on: March 25, 2020, 09:35:23 AM »

Outside of K&M's visit to the call centre, and Sophie's video, I'm assuming that the BRF are still at the "standing ready" stage. Rather, than you know, actually doing their part *gestures towards Belgium*

#stayhomesavelives
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 300   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: