Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 309   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 998998 times)
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4455 on: April 03, 2020, 06:48:08 PM »

Hmmm there is definitely merit IMO in the train of thought that the government went from being seen to be in front of the crisis to now being found wanting so now wanting to wheel HM out. I read somewhere that "Downing Street would need to be consulted" when there was some first talk of HM doing a special address and I took that to mean Downing Street didn't want a message then....now they do.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #4456 on: April 03, 2020, 06:49:36 PM »

I know I'm savage, it's why we're friends!  Hug I used to really admire and like her but the more I think about it and see her behavior the more I think she's just cold. It's just her personality.

I also do think a big part of it was probably not wanting to bring people in - and rightly so because she /is/ 94 years old, and nobody wants her, Philip, or anyone on staff to get ill with this.

I think having Charles open the Nightingale hospital - and William and Kate doing things - she could possibly think she is interfering more than anything especially as they're told to just be in isolation especially at her age.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4457 on: April 03, 2020, 06:59:11 PM »

This was recorded at Windsor and she has been at Sandringham for a whole now. Seem odd to wait so long to broadcast it. After a while what she says could become out of date or irrelevant
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4458 on: April 03, 2020, 07:20:27 PM »

She's been at Windsor the entire time I believe. They brought Philip to Windsor as well.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4459 on: April 03, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »

This was recorded at Windsor and she has been at Sandringham for a whole now. Seem odd to wait so long to broadcast it. After a while what she says could become out of date or irrelevant

She went to Windsor in mid-March and has been staying there since then, not Sandringham. Philip actually left Norfolk to join her at Windsor Castle that same week.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4460 on: April 03, 2020, 07:55:42 PM »

It certainly has been recorded already but that could have been as recently as this morning. Its odd to hear its been done and "kept in the can" for a few days but in fairness the Christmas message is recorded days before its filmed so hey ho. Feels odd HM making address outside of a big royal event or Christmas.
Aubiette

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4461 on: April 03, 2020, 08:33:39 PM »

I'm looking forward to Liz demonstrating proper hand washing technique while singing 'Mr Brightside', and ending the broadcast with a selection of never before seen Christmas Day message Bloopers to cheer everyone up.

Iím looking forward to the photos displayed and the meltdowns that will occur over them.  Whistle
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4462 on: April 03, 2020, 09:06:51 PM »

I'm looking forward to Liz demonstrating proper hand washing technique while singing 'Mr Brightside', and ending the broadcast with a selection of never before seen Christmas Day message Bloopers to cheer everyone up.

Iím looking forward to the photos displayed and the meltdowns that will occur over them.  Whistle

Laughing  Star

I hope the bloopers include Hair Club for Men gift certificate openings for Wills and Harry, and PR for Dummies for the Yorks.
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4463 on: April 03, 2020, 10:44:51 PM »

And "acting for dummies" for someone else in the family Whistle Whistle
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4464 on: April 05, 2020, 10:02:59 PM »

Did anyone else watch the speech? It struck the right tone even if it was (IMHO) somewhat overdue

Future Crayon says de-escalate
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4465 on: April 05, 2020, 10:04:13 PM »

Did anyone else watch the speech? It struck the right tone even if it was (IMHO) somewhat overdue

I read the text but haven't watched yet. I teared up.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4466 on: April 05, 2020, 10:05:44 PM »

I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time.

A time of disruption in the life of our country: a disruption that has brought grief to some, financial difficulties to many, and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all.

I want to thank everyone on the NHS frontline, as well as care workers and those carrying out essential roles, who selflessly continue their day-to-day duties outside the home in support of us all.

I am sure the nation will join me in assuring you that what you do is appreciated and every hour of your hard work brings us closer to a return to more normal times.

I also want to thank those of you who are staying at home, thereby helping to protect the vulnerable and sparing many families the pain already felt by those who have lost loved ones.

Together we are tackling this disease, and I want to reassure you that if we remain united and resolute, then we will overcome it.

I hope in the years to come everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge.

And those who come after us will say the Britons of this generation were as strong as any.

That the attributes of self-discipline, of quiet good-humoured resolve and of fellow-feeling still characterise this country.

The pride in who we are is not a part of our past, it defines our present and our future.

The moments when the United Kingdom has come together to applaud its care and essential workers will be remembered as an expression of our national spirit; and its symbol will be the rainbows drawn by children.

Across the Commonwealth and around the world, we have seen heart-warming stories of people coming together to help others, be it through delivering food parcels and medicines, checking on neighbours, or converting businesses to help the relief effort.

And though self-isolating may at times be hard, many people of all faiths, and of none, are discovering that it presents an opportunity to slow down, pause and reflect, in prayer or meditation.

It reminds me of the very first broadcast I made, in 1940, helped by my sister.

We, as children, spoke from here at Windsor to children who had been evacuated from their homes and sent away for their own safety.

Today, once again, many will feel a painful sense of separation from their loved ones. But now, as then, we know, deep down, that it is the right thing to do.

While we have faced challenges before, this one is different.

This time we join with all nations across the globe in a common endeavour, using the great advances of science and our instinctive compassion to heal.

We will succeed - and that success will belong to every one of us.

We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again.

But for now, I send my thanks and warmest good wishes to you all.

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4467 on: April 05, 2020, 10:13:23 PM »

Yes well done although adding the video of her 3 Cambridge great grand children clapping for the NHS would have been nice
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4468 on: April 05, 2020, 10:14:19 PM »

It's a lovely message I'm glad she was able to do it. I have a feeling the government wasn't ready to deploy her yet that's why it feels late but truly this is going to go on for a very long time I'm afraid. She looked lovely and spoke well and the words hit the right marks and I liked that they put in clips of NHS workers and neighbors clapping for them and people at the store and all that ordinary Britain stuff. I watched it on Instagram. I was drooling over the brooch is it a big turquoise it's exquisite. She must be proud of Eugenie who has been one of the food deliverers.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4469 on: April 05, 2020, 10:16:21 PM »

It was a very good speech. I think when she writes them herself ie Christmas speech or this she knows how to get the tone right.

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 309   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: