Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 309   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 999027 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4500 on: April 10, 2020, 12:01:58 PM »

The queen's couturier Stewart Parvin has been sewing scrubs for NHS workers

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4501 on: April 10, 2020, 12:04:41 PM »

This year, Maundy Money was posted rather than given to recipients in person

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4502 on: April 10, 2020, 02:16:36 PM »

I love this statement/explanation.  It will be a sad, sad day when she goes as far as I’m concerned. 
bmbutler2

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4503 on: April 10, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »

I love this statement/explanation.  It will be a sad, sad day when she goes as far as I’m concerned. 

I completely agree with you. England will never be the same.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #4504 on: April 11, 2020, 05:02:14 PM »

I was just wondering about Maundy gifts, and of course Royal Dish[ers] have the answers - thank you 👋

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4505 on: April 11, 2020, 07:06:57 PM »

The Queen has recorded an Easter message for the first time ever. Here is the recording: https://twitter.com/Royal.../1249019411811520512?s=20

And the text:

Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #4506 on: April 11, 2020, 07:23:05 PM »

The Queen has recorded an Easter message for the first time ever. Here is the recording: https://twitter.com/Royal.../1249019411811520512?s=20

And the text:

The message literally gave me goosebumps.

To all those who celebrate Easter tomorrow, Happy Easter!
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4507 on: April 11, 2020, 07:28:31 PM »

And the text:

The message literally gave me goosebumps.

To all those who celebrate Easter tomorrow, Happy Easter!

Indeed, that is a beautiful statement and very encouraging.  Happy Easter!
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #4508 on: April 20, 2020, 01:28:10 PM »

"Prince Philip thanks key workers for ensuring 'life continues' under lockdown in first statement since retiring... just hours after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their refusal to talk to UK press
* The Duke of Edinburgh has thanked key workers for ensuring that 'the infrastructure of our life continues'
* Prince Philip, 98, said he wanted to recognise the 'vital and urgent' medical and scientific work taking place
* 'On behalf of those of us who remain safe and at home, I also wanted to thank all key workers,' the duke said"

https://www.dailymail.co....e-continues-lockdown.html

The Duke of Edinburgh has thanked key workers who are helping to make sure that 'the infrastructure of our life continues' in the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. 

Prince Philip, who turns 99 in June and has been staying with the Queen at Windsor Castle with a reduced household for their safety, said he wanted to recognise the 'vital and urgent' medical and scientific work taking place.

In his message, the duke, who retired from public duties in 2017, also gave thanks to key workers including those involved in food production and distribution, refuge collection and postal and delivery services.

Philip, in his tribute published on the royal family's social media channels, said: 'As we approach World Immunisation Week, I wanted to recognise the vital and urgent work being done by so many to tackle the pandemic; by those in the medical and scientific professions, at universities and research institutions, all united in working to protect us from Covid-19.

'On behalf of those of us who remain safe and at home, I also wanted to thank all key workers who ensure the infrastructure of our life continues; the staff and volunteers working in food production and distribution, those keeping postal and delivery services going, and those ensuring the rubbish continues to be collected.'

The duke is affiliated to more than 750 organisations, including the scientific, technological research, healthcare and infrastructure sectors which have been responding to the outbreak.

Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #4509 on: April 20, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »

Thank YOU Prince Philip for mentioning & thanking postal workers!  My husband is one (not in GB, but still).   Would you believe there are customers who bring unsealed, unaddressed parcels to the window - expecting the postal worker to do this for them?     

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4510 on: April 20, 2020, 01:58:38 PM »

Thank YOU Prince Philip for mentioning & thanking postal workers!  My husband is one (not in GB, but still).   Would you believe there are customers who bring unsealed, unaddressed parcels to the window - expecting the postal worker to do this for them?     

Yes, I would.  We are having a global epidemic of helplessness and irresponsibility that will go on long after 19.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4511 on: April 20, 2020, 01:58:46 PM »

Thank YOU Prince Philip for mentioning & thanking postal workers!  My husband is one (not in GB, but still).   Would you believe there are customers who bring unsealed, unaddressed parcels to the window - expecting the postal worker to do this for them?    

Older people with Parkinson's or other mobility problems need help with writing or wrapping a parcel... perhaps their support networks are no longer there but they should explain why they need assistance at the PO.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4512 on: April 20, 2020, 04:27:04 PM »

Turning 99 in June and still Prince Philip shows he has more class than many of his royal 'colleagues' in addressing and thanking the key workers out there. By calling out various professions, rather than just bandying them under the umbrella term of 'key workers' really makes his message seem more heartfelt and gratuitous.
And on behalf of my mother who works in a grocery shop, thank you, your Highness!

I really hope that there are significant celebrations next June to mark Philip's 100th birthday. I could imagine he wouldn't want any fuss, but I think his dedication to Britain and the Commonwealth, as well as patronages and other organisations really merits a proper celebration.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4513 on: April 20, 2020, 05:50:32 PM »

The only way the Queen could get him to accept any public acknowledgement of his 95th birthday was to hold the church service for her 90th birthday on that exact day - 10th June.

I wonder if they mightn't do something similar - a church service for the Queen's 95th or even a wedding??? which could also incorporate the celebration of Philip's 100th in a way that he might accept. The sort of celebration the Queen Mother had - where she was the centre of attention with a carriage ride down The Mall and the balcony appearance isn't something Philip would accept, I suspect but if piggy-backed onto another event he might.

Beatrice gets married at WA with her 150 guests, has a balcony appearance with Edo and then leaves the balcony for Philip to be cheered by the crowds who would, I suspect, turn out in vast numbers to cheer him. While Bea and Edo are signing the registry the congregation could also say a prayer of thanksgiving for the life of Prince Philip and Charles or Anne give their father a wonderful speech of thanks for service and guidance. Bea gets a larger wedding AND Philip gets acknowledged. I is a cantankerous old man who simply won't want a fuss but if they really put their minds to it I am sure they can come up with a way he would accept.(Of course Bea may refuse a larger wedding than she originally planned which would scupper my suggestion but it is simply an idea ... others may have better ones). With Bea only having the 150 guests max that she could have at the Chapel Royal the other 1900 guests in the Abbey could be from Philip's charities and extended family and friends, including the foreign royals. I know the couple normally is only in the vestry for about 10 minutes or so but I am sure they could extend their time there to 30 minutes or so for the service to focus on Philip and his service to the nation and family.

Of course I would love him to have a day for himself but I am not sure he would go along with that. If he would then that is what it should be but he has always been one for the backseat rather than the fuss.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 05:58:41 PM by luvcharles » Logged
lynaH

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4514 on: April 20, 2020, 06:08:28 PM »

Beatrice can't have a big wedding because the royals can't afford a lot of attention on Andrew and as the father of the bride, walking the bride down the aisle, he would get loads of attention.
Unless, and I just thought of this now, she has Phillip walk her down in honor of his birthday.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 309   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: