Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 309   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 999078 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4515 on: April 20, 2020, 06:31:50 PM »

lynah - that sounds like a great idea - Philip walks her down the aisle would also see a lovely way to add to the day for them both ...

hey BRF read this and come up with a way to celebrate Philip's birthday.
jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4516 on: April 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM »

That's a great idea, but how frail is Philip? That's the only thing that concerns me, but that is a great option or one of her uncles.
lynaH

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4517 on: April 20, 2020, 11:48:54 PM »

I highly doubt Beatrice want's anyone but her father who she seems to love very much walking her down the aisle. I also doubt that she would be willing to humiliate her father by saying she would rather an uncle walk her down. It would be a huge blow and I am quite sure she would rather have a tiny wedding with her father walking her down the aisle.

Phillip is different.
He is her father's father. She is said to be very close to her grandparents. If he would walk her down the aisle, It wouldn't be because her father is a disgrace but as a mark of her love and respect for the head of her family, on the occasion of his reaching a huge milestone.

I am quite sure that the options are Andrew give her away in a tiny ceremony, Beatrice walk down the aisle herself, or maybe Phillip give her away with the wedding on his birthday.
Perhaps she might have Sarah give her away as a feminist statement or something like that, though I doubt she could pull that off.
But the chances of Charles or Edward stand in for Andrew are nill.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #4518 on: April 21, 2020, 12:15:07 AM »

Thank YOU Prince Philip for mentioning & thanking postal workers!  My husband is one (not in GB, but still).   Would you believe there are customers who bring unsealed, unaddressed parcels to the window - expecting the postal worker to do this for them?    

Older people with Parkinson's or other mobility problems need help with writing or wrapping a parcel... perhaps their support networks are no longer there but they should explain why they need assistance at the PO.

My husband would willingly help a person with mobility issues - or other issues.   These are just lazy idiots.

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #4519 on: April 21, 2020, 12:18:20 AM »

I'm in favor of Beatrice having a nice wedding and Philip having a nice birthday BUT the two should remain separate IMO.

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4520 on: April 21, 2020, 12:33:04 AM »

ITA

Plus there's really no chance that Andrew's scandal won't be brought up in the press around her wedding.  If he's not there...it's brought up and she's has all sorts of emotion.  If he's there but not walking her down the aisle...it's brought up and she doesn't get her father walking her down the aisle.  If they attempt a big fancy shindig...well you have the Andrew problem and the fancy wedding problem.  Best for all is for her to have a nice "private" ceremony and just try to let the criticism roll off her back.  It will be there regardless and there's nothing she can do to minimize the Andrew factor so she shouldn't try to he’s still her father.

For Philip...let the man have his own birthday.  I'd love the whole London blowout but I'll admit that it's not his taste and depending on how the UK is doing might not be well received.  How about a nice church service at Windsor and if the god's are kind a fancy dinner at Windsor with foreign royalty and LOTS of pictures.  LOTS of pictures Liz...you hear me???  Liz???
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:16:18 AM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4521 on: April 21, 2020, 12:40:28 AM »

Let Philip have his birthday his way and let Andrew walk his daughter down the aisle. I'm sure even if Philip is never again seen in public that people will celebrate him even if he doesn't participate. My goodness nearly 99 and putting out such a great announcement he's still got it. This move is very much in the spirit of the Philip character on The Windsors where he is always writing notes to family members saying "you f*ckers" and everyone smiles cause that's grandad. He could still run rings around the lazy grandchild generation.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4522 on: April 21, 2020, 01:13:04 AM »

Hate on Andrew all you want but the man is her father.  There’s no WAY he’s not going to walk her down the aisle.  She loves him and nothing is going to change that (nor should it).   She may choose to walk down by herself, but I think that’s a remote possibility.  I know Phil has a birthday but I just can’t see him nor anyone else being tapped to walk her down the aisle.  Again, Andrew has not been convicted of anything.  And even if he were, he’s still her dad.  Nothing changes that.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 02:00:39 AM by Queen’s Tea » Logged
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4523 on: April 21, 2020, 03:34:31 AM »

I do suspect that Bea will have the small private wedding - with almost no pictures - that was originally planned and Philip will have a private birthday dinner with his immediate family with probably no pictures released. I was simply musing as there is nothing actually to discuss about the royals as they are in lockdown like the rest of us.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4524 on: April 21, 2020, 04:51:29 AM »

I do suspect that Bea will have the small private wedding - with almost no pictures - that was originally planned and Philip will have a private birthday dinner with his immediate family with probably no pictures released. I was simply musing as there is nothing actually to discuss about the royals as they are in lockdown like the rest of us.

I’m sorry - my comment came out far harsher than I meant it on re-reading!   Anyway, I get it.  Another drawback to these crazy times we’re living in - just not enough to talk about without many appearances by the royals. 

fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4525 on: April 21, 2020, 10:41:00 AM »

Happy 94th Birthday, Your Majesty!   Curtsey
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4526 on: April 21, 2020, 03:39:54 PM »

Happy 94th Birthday, Your Majesty!   Curtsey

Yes indeed, Happy Birthday and best wishes for a more peaceful year.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4527 on: April 21, 2020, 03:46:05 PM »

Happy birthday!
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #4528 on: April 21, 2020, 04:09:02 PM »