Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 315   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1028955 times)
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4665 on: August 09, 2020, 10:43:00 PM »

It seems to be on him but not across his shoulder. Maybe his left shoulder or arm hurts but you can definitely see the reflection of it and the top of it where the picture is cut off. He was wearing it properly when on the right side in the other car picture. Do you all know what causes all the burst blood vessels around his eye socket? It seems extreme. Fun to see the dorgi carried out of the plane.

When we age we lose fat and collagen and the skin becomes thinner. That and the fact that the skin under your eyelids is the thinnest means that blood vessels will become closer to the surface. Any burst vessel will become very noticeable and you can bruise this area very easily. Sometimes even wearing sunglasses or glasses for too long can give the skin around your eyes a slight bruise.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4666 on: August 10, 2020, 10:56:22 AM »

It is also quite likely that Philipp at his very advanced age has several medical problems that although under supervision and maintained cause circulation problems, liver conditions and skin disorders. (considering that men of his generation bought into the concept that an attractive man is always slightly sun burnt!)
His mother had the same discolouration of her face, so it is possible that both suffered from a rosacea that is less around the nose or cheeks but more underneath the eyes. In earlier stages it would be slightly reddish (easy to conceal with a bit of concealer and powder) but in a rather elderly person, with the skin around the eyes so very thin, it would show blue-ish to almost blackish.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Queens Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4667 on: August 10, 2020, 11:59:02 AM »

My opinion only, but Im i not the least concerned about Philip.  For someone his age, he seems perfectly fine.  In fact, hes far better than just fine.  For him to travel at all, to make public appearances and stand ramrod straight at attention, to have other appearances coming up, to have a diary AT ALL, is flat out remarkable.  Seriously, I cant think of a single other person his age that could do all that without a single assistive device in sight.  He wanted to retire and did but he continued with his carriage driving and God only knows what else he does with his time,  but I very much doubt hes sitting in a la-z-boy somewhere.  Hes a force of nature in my book.
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4668 on: August 10, 2020, 05:43:48 PM »

My opinion only, but Im i not the least concerned about Philip.  For someone his age, he seems perfectly fine.  In fact, hes far better than just fine.  For him to travel at all, to make public appearances and stand ramrod straight at attention, to have other appearances coming up, to have a diary AT ALL, is flat out remarkable.  Seriously, I cant think of a single other person his age that could do all that without a single assistive device in sight.  He wanted to retire and did but he continued with his carriage driving and God only knows what else he does with his time,  but I very much doubt hes sitting in a la-z-boy somewhere.  Hes a force of nature in my book.

He's probably still doing jumping jacks every morning in those same old tennis shoes that Matt Smith wore in the Paterfamilias episode of The Crown.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4669 on: August 10, 2020, 06:59:10 PM »

ITA, every word. There are people half his age that wouldn't be able to do what he does.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4670 on: August 10, 2020, 07:40:37 PM »

He did bounce out of that plane on his own power and didn't come across as anything but still energetic. It probably unnerves him to not be able to drive anymore but he is likely finding other ways to do things. I also feel that if he goes first the queen will not follow too quickly. I think their bond is very real and tight but throughout their marriage they have learned to be independent of each other at times. I get the feeling that their different addresses occasionally throughout the last few years has given her enough reason to know she can live well without his presence. All that said I do judge his health and well being by her face. She has no poker face with regard to his well being.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4671 on: August 10, 2020, 08:02:53 PM »

I've read he is a great reader and also likes to paint. He's always used any bits of spare time to read and now he can paint whenever he wishes. It's obvious he still keeps up with whatever exercise he does- though I'm guessing it's mainly a good walk now, with the occasional carriage drive if he is up for it.

He probably keeps in contact with all the family too, I would not doubt he was video chatting before HM was - he's always been very up to date with technology.

Being at Balmoral will be good for both of them.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
tsarinya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4672 on: August 10, 2020, 09:11:25 PM »

It must be lovely to get to these big ages and still be able to do a lot of things and have most of your faculties.

On another topic, does anyone know who is with the Queen on her walk in three pictures https://www.dailymail.co....uick.html#article-8609361
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4673 on: August 10, 2020, 09:33:08 PM »

It must be lovely to get to these big ages and still be able to do a lot of things and have most of your faculties.

On another topic, does anyone know who is with the Queen on her walk in three pictures https://www.dailymail.co....uick.html#article-8609361

I think we settled on it being Lady Susan Hussey.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4674 on: August 12, 2020, 05:36:14 PM »

He did bounce out of that plane on his own power and didn't come across as anything but still energetic. It probably unnerves him to not be able to drive anymore but he is likely finding other ways to do things. I also feel that if he goes first the queen will not follow too quickly. I think their bond is very real and tight but throughout their marriage they have learned to be independent of each other at times. I get the feeling that their different addresses occasionally throughout the last few years has given her enough reason to know she can live well without his presence. All that said I do judge his health and well being by her face. She has no poker face with regard to his well being.

Being snarly but he has the best health care money can buy so sure he's in good shape for 99. OTOH, it's great to see him walking unaided and seemingly upbeat.
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4675 on: August 12, 2020, 09:04:39 PM »

I think HM possibly has relied on Philip more than we know, especially of late. I thought it notable that Philip was at Sandringham just before the big "summit" and although they have lived apart a lot of late I think they talk more than we think.
Not having him there "officially" and having Charles, Anne and co step in is not the same as not having him at all, even if it is at the end of a phone.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4676 on: August 13, 2020, 05:51:29 PM »

I was a bit afraid for him when for so many months, we didn't see much of him - the one picture when he left hospital was not very encouraging. At his age, it's natural to become more fragile but both of them are in amazing shape. I wish them all the best. Yes, they do have access to the best healthcare but so had others and they didn't reach that age.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4677 on: August 13, 2020, 06:26:21 PM »

I was a bit afraid for him when for so many months, we didn't see much of him - the one picture when he left hospital was not very encouraging. At his age, it's natural to become more fragile but both of them are in amazing shape. I wish them all the best. Yes, they do have access to the best healthcare but so had others and they didn't reach that age.

I think all his sisters have died (okay, he was the youngest child). Also with the Queen: Margret surely had also good ressources and died years ago (okay, she smoked, but so do other people).
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4678 on: August 13, 2020, 07:09:07 PM »

I think all his sisters have died (okay, he was the youngest child). Also with the Queen: Margret surely had also good ressources and died years ago (okay, she smoked, but so do other people).

I think it was more than just smoking which made the difference between HM and Margaret. Margaret burned the candle at both ends for much of her life, and indulged herself with rich food and more drink than was good for her - though the drinking part did not seem to matter as to the Queen Mum's longevity. Also I don't think she exercised as much as the Queen. HM also has the ability to compartmentalize things and Margaret did not. Margaret's marriage was unhappy for much of it's duration and that will take a toll.

LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #4679 on: August 14, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »

New portrait of the Queen by painter Miriam Escofet.
https://www.ouest-france..../104432/pub/157293/page/5

"There's no tea in the cup !" the Queen said when discovering the painting.

The painter worked seven months for this portrait.

Sorry for not translating the interview today, I'm quite tired after this heat-wave. Maybe I'll do it later if you didn't find a mean (Google translation or other) to read it. Sorry.  Blush

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 315   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: