Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 320   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1081656 times)
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4740 on: November 25, 2020, 07:35:02 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted before:

The Queen is now selling gin made from ingredients from her garden at Sandringham.

https://www.usatoday.com/...er-own-garden/6408060002/

The queen's Sandringham estate Ė her private country house in Norfolk, north of London, where the royal family typically spends Christmas Ė has launched its Sandringham Gin just in time for the holidays.

For 50 pounds a bottle, the equivalent of nearly $63, drinkers can taste ingredients straight from the royal residence's gardens, including the Sharon fruit. It's not only rich in flavor, but history as well.

"The Sharon Fruit is grown in the Walled Garden on a sheltered wall at the end of what was a range of glass houses, built on the winnings of the famous racehorse, Persimmon, owned by King Edward VII," according to the product description.

The Sandringham Gin is distilled locally in small batches, so delivery may take up to two weeks. Those of us across the pond, however, won't be able to purchase the gin because it's only available in the United Kingdom.

This isn't the first time the royal family has dabbled in alcohol production. Over the summer, Buckingham Palace Gin went on sale online and sold out within hours.

The queen's heir Prince Charles also has his own gin. Charles' Highgrove House Ė his private country home in Gloucestershire, which is famous for its gardens and for Charlesí longstanding interest in organic growing and farming Ė produces its own Highgrove Organic Botanic London Dry Gin. All profits are donated to charity. 

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4741 on: November 30, 2020, 09:27:20 PM »

HMTQ did a zoom call with three winners of the Commonwealth Points of Light award.

The dress is a repeat but I love the colors on her.

https://www.hellomagazine...clash-dress-fan-reaction/

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4742 on: November 30, 2020, 10:31:26 PM »

If they are staying at Windsor, I wonder if we'll get to see the walk to church at St George's?
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4743 on: December 01, 2020, 12:07:59 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't use the chapel inside the castle itself - the one burnt in the fire - to reduce any sort of 'crowd' gathering, even if only the media. We know if they go to Sandringham they won't be going to St Mary's and they didn't go to Crathie at all when at Balmoral.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4744 on: December 01, 2020, 02:20:24 PM »

Donít they already go to some sort of private service earlier on Christmas Day?

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4745 on: December 01, 2020, 02:33:23 PM »

Yes.  At Sandringham, the family goes to the earlier service (8 or 9am...I canít remember) for Holy Communion while The Queen takes it privately.  Then the whole gang goes to the 11am Mattins.
Ktc

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4746 on: December 01, 2020, 02:33:55 PM »

I believe so. I think itís at the same church.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #4747 on: December 01, 2020, 06:08:22 PM »

No Sandringham this year:

https://twitter.com/RE_Da.../1333798215099957254?s=20
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4748 on: December 01, 2020, 06:22:19 PM »

I think thatís a good move. This year is different and it affects all of us. Good for them for setting the example.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4749 on: December 01, 2020, 06:45:49 PM »

it was expected!
I agree, they give the right example.

thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4750 on: December 01, 2020, 06:55:32 PM »

Good for them. It's what's best for their safety and sets a good example that they aren't above everyone else.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4751 on: December 01, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »

Totally the right thing to do.  I noticed they also said 'a quiet Christmas'. Both are good examples to set for the nation. They've spent Christmas at Windsor in the past so it's not unprecedented.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 07:51:38 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4752 on: December 01, 2020, 07:32:42 PM »

Really Windsor makes more sense period.  The family has grow so large that they donít all fit at Sandringham.   In the Windsor area both the York and the Wessex families have their own homes so could stay there.  The Yorks usually rush to Windsor to see Sarah and Camilla usually rushes to Raymill to see her kids.  The Queen could even consider extending invitations to Christmas Service to in-laws that live a reasonable distance.  And then thereís all the minor royals who used to attend Windsor Christmas. 

In regular life, Sandringham makes sense for New Years on but Windsor makes sense for the holiday itself.  The whole gang is only together for 24 hours tops so why not make things more convenient for everyone and then go to Sandringham for downtime.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4753 on: December 01, 2020, 07:34:28 PM »

Makes sense IMO, why head off all way to Sandringham and be out in the sticks away from most of their family (apart from Cambridges). To be honest I was beginning to  think Sandringham was only ever really going to happen if they stayed at Wood Farm as it requires a smaller staff.
At Windsor they don't have to have as many staff further away from home for Christmas and they can possibly meet up outside with family and friends (e.g. Andrew and girls and Edward and kids are close by). It just seems the easier option all round.

Personally I'm hoping this means we'll see Charles at Anmer or Cambridges at Birkhall for Christmas but unlikley others may say.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4754 on: December 01, 2020, 09:00:45 PM »

Yikes! Staffer stealing from Buck House.

https://people.com/royals...selling-ebay-adamo-canto/
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 320   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: