Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 334   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1121974 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4785 on: January 13, 2021, 09:40:47 AM »

Here you don't have th option to choose: you wait until it is your turn and hope the stuff they give you hasn't been watered down to stretch to 5 more patients.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #4786 on: January 13, 2021, 09:47:28 AM »

I know here in the US we're getting all of them. I've been told we can choose. I can get it now if I wish because of my lung disease but I already had Covid, so the only reason I'm getting it is I know it will be required for traveling and probably other things.

Everyone I know who's had the Moderna vaccine got so sick after the second dose, some hospitalized! I've had a reaction to vaccines before, it's not fun at all.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4787 on: January 15, 2021, 05:11:45 PM »

Here you cannot choose, you wait your turn and you are given the vaccine that is available. Until today, all vaccines here were from Pfizer. Moderna vaccine started to be given today in my country. No one complained so far, lets see how Moderna will behave. I have an acquantance that took it this morning, will ask about any reactions.

I am glad that they made public that HM and Philp took the vaccine, for the people in the UK to have a reference, and motivate people to be vaccinated Thumb up

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #4788 on: January 15, 2021, 08:05:29 PM »

Here you cannot choose, you wait your turn and you are given the vaccine that is available. Until today, all vaccines here were from Pfizer. Moderna vaccine started to be given today in my country. No one complained so far, lets see how Moderna will behave. I have an acquantance that took it this morning, will ask about any reactions.

I am glad that they made public that HM and Philp took the vaccine, for the people in the UK to have a reference, and motivate people to be vaccinated Thumb up

Are you in EU, Thistle? Iím sorry, I donít remember. Itís the same here, you find out on the spot what kind they give you. You cannot choose, it isnít available in private clinics to buy.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4789 on: January 16, 2021, 12:46:42 AM »

When Australia gets around to giving approval to any vaccine - i.e. after the full data is available, which it isn't for most of the vaccines countries are so far using - we will not be getting a choice. It will be free to all Aussies and we will get it when our category comes up - I will be in either the second or third group depending on whether my heart condition is determined as serious enough to warrant the second group or whether it will be with my age group only. I suspect most of us will get the Oxford vaccine, unless in the first roll out which will be Pfizer (again assuming they both get approval from the Australian regulator and that has one of the highest standards in the world ... a number of drugs available elsewhere aren't available here or they may be available over the counter overseas while here on prescription only).
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4790 on: January 16, 2021, 09:34:53 PM »

Are you in EU, Thistle? Iím sorry, I donít remember. Itís the same here, you find out on the spot what kind they give you. You cannot choose, it isnít available in private clinics to buy.

Yes, I am in the EU. It is free and voluntary for everyone but you cannot pick which you take. You know when you get it and that is it.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4791 on: January 27, 2021, 01:38:02 PM »

Prince Philip sparked royal 'horror' with plans to demolish beloved Royal Family residence

https://www.express.co.uk...mily-Sandringham-video-vn

PRINCE PHILIP's suggestion to demolish Sandringham "horrified" Queen Elizabeth II's mother according to a royal historian. Dr Jonathan Foyle told Channel 5 the Duke of Edinburgh proposed pulling down Sandringham in 1960. However, Dr Foyle stated this idea was not accepted by The Queen Mother as she loved the building.

"Prince Philip proposed that it should be pulled down and dusty old rooms might be replaced altogether with something more modern and befitting of a 20th-century monarchy.

"He looked to an architect called David Roberts who had used brick modernism, large windows and open planning to create new types of space and lots of light.

I am unsurprised at both the DoE's suggestion and QEQM's horror. The Queen Mum did not like any kind of change at all.

It would be interesting to see any plans for the replacement that never was.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 01:55:07 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4792 on: January 27, 2021, 02:23:11 PM »

I slightly dread to think what was proposed as a country home for a "modern monarch" in the 60s.  The Queen's not known for her design expertise and Philip is known for practical/efficient designs (though has designed some nice jewelry).
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4793 on: January 27, 2021, 03:26:33 PM »

I slightly dread to think what was proposed as a country home for a "modern monarch" in the 60s.  The Queen's not known for her design expertise and Philip is known for practical/efficient designs (though has designed some nice jewelry).

He did redesign the East Terrace Gardens at Windsor in the 70's, and designed a stained glass window in the private chapel after the fire at Windsor. He has an eye for line, form and beauty along with practicality.

I was always rather charmed by the story that while visiting Windsor Castle during WWII he would go about with a flashlight at night to look at all the paintings.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4794 on: January 27, 2021, 03:48:40 PM »

He did redesign the East Terrace Gardens at Windsor in the 70's, and designed a stained glass window in the private chapel after the fire at Windsor. He has an eye for line, form and beauty along with practicality.

I was always rather charmed by the story that while visiting Windsor Castle during WWII he would go about with a flashlight at night to look at all the paintings.

Very true.  He does have a good eye though I do wonder how heíd do an entire building.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4795 on: January 27, 2021, 04:17:38 PM »

Yes agreed that Prince Philip has an eye for design and beauty. He is also very practical. I can see him saying Sandringham should be pulled down as a joke but really thinking it could become a museum and the new place could be for his family. There is something kind of "regular" or middle class about the family life he and the queen seemed to be creating that the public role overtook. I think about their cookouts at Balmoral where they all did their bit and the rumors of the queen cleaning up after family dinner and using Tupperware for the leftovers.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4796 on: January 27, 2021, 04:21:05 PM »

Very true.  He does have a good eye though I do wonder how heíd do an entire building.

I wonder what Sandringham would have looked like had Prince Albert lived, and been allowed to help with the redesign. It might not be quite so frenetic looking.

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4797 on: January 27, 2021, 04:36:18 PM »

I wonder what Sandringham would have looked like had Prince Albert lived, and been allowed to help with the redesign. It might not be quite so frenetic looking.

YES!!!!!  Albert has a fantastic eye for architecture.  Between Balmoral, Osbourne House, the extensions to BP, and his more minor projects he had one hit after another.  His Sandringham would have been incredible.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #4798 on: January 27, 2021, 05:56:34 PM »

Albert being such an aesthete would have come up with some amazing ideas. A jack of all trades, that one, no matter what else you think of him (and my opinion is relatively poor of him as a person and husband!).

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4799 on: January 27, 2021, 08:58:45 PM »

Princess Alice (Countess of Athlone) once asked the Queen if she'd mind if she set Sandringham on fire. The Queen paused for a second or two and said she didn't think she would. I don't think Sandringham is as universally loved as all that in the family. It's a terrible house. I hate modern architecture but I almost wish Philip had prevailed...

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 334   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: