Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 336   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1148367 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4845 on: February 20, 2021, 06:27:17 PM »

I can't help but agree with Ellie in one way, it would be inhumane to let a (very) elderly man be in hospital, un-visited, for this length of time.   I mean, I understand that there are "rules" in place just now.  However I personally don't have an issue that Charles went to see Philip, although I can certainly understand why British citizens might ...  but if it does turn out to have been an end-of-time visit ... well, the naysayers will shut up. 

I am presuming that Phillip was vaccinated at the same time the Queen was. Does anyone know if Charles has had his first vaccination?

If they've both been vaccinated I see no reason to prohibit the visit.

This may have been just a visit, and Charles may have brought Phillip up to speed on Charles' second son's latest escapades.

I think if Phillip were really at death's door they'd spirit him off back to Windsor.

Charles and Camilla got their 1st vaccine dose on February 10. The palace announced at the time.

And I do think if he gets to the point of no return, we will be transferred to Windsor for his final moments. Maybe it was hard for Charles see his father in the hospital, after having his son doing what he did.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4846 on: February 20, 2021, 07:05:37 PM »

Charles looked pretty emotional when he left the hospital Sad

Bless him. He does look sad. I hope Philip is ok and if not that they transfer him back home. My hospital allows 1 visitor for everyone except Covid pts. We allow more than one for end of life care.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4847 on: February 20, 2021, 07:20:49 PM »

The hospital Philip is in is private and doesn't admit Covid patients, all inpatients have a Covid test upon admission. All hospitals seems to eb caveating their admissions policy with "in exceptional circumstances after a risk assessment..." that may have taken place here. Philip and Charles both having been vaccinated, likely both having had negative Covid tests and Philip being 99 and facing over a week in hospital.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4848 on: February 20, 2021, 08:02:15 PM »

99 is definitely an advanced age but he has strong genes and a strong and supportive family and life. Charles could have a watery eye because of sadness or because of the cold or allergies I mean we really don't know and these inferences don't help. I would think that the Duke would have special privileges in terms of visitors and if he were really at death's door would be transferred home to enter hospice. An announcement would be made. It would not surprise anyone if he left us now but there is no reason to think he couldn't keep on a bit longer. Let's wait. At least he knows he has a little namesake descendent in James and Auggie.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4849 on: February 20, 2021, 08:05:42 PM »

This time it feels different to me Sad

99 is a very fine age to reach but its quite sad under such circumstances. But many suffer because of the virus and I think as often before the BRF can actually be role models in how they handle the situation.

Time will tell.
ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4850 on: February 20, 2021, 08:14:17 PM »

To be fair while he remains in hospital there is obviously hope he will get better and can be treated or he would go back to Windsor.

That said in the circumstances Charles visiting has, not unreasonably, raised eyebrows and worries for the worst.
LadyBunion

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4851 on: February 20, 2021, 08:17:10 PM »

To be fair while he remains in hospital there is obviously hope he will get better and can be treated or he would go back to Windsor.

That said in the circumstances Charles visiting has, not unreasonably, raised eyebrows and worries for the worst.

Agree if little can be done then there would be moves to get him back to Windsor. The longer he is the greater the risk of developing Covid
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4852 on: February 20, 2021, 08:18:14 PM »

I hope Philip will recover but I'm afraid it would be hard, it's harder and harder with age, sadly.
My sweet, beloved grandmother passed away, as an 98 yo, after 2 weeks hospitalization.
I have mentioned before that I haven't got over it and whenever I see someone in her age being in a hospital I become very emotional, for the person itself and the rest of the family.

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4853 on: February 20, 2021, 08:32:47 PM »

Onar considering Philip was born on Greek soil in a Greek family or at least one important to the history of the country how would his death be reported and his life considered? I know Greeks have a not good relationship with their former monarchy but Philip and Constantine's ages and illnesses mean a certain reckoning with the past which is always a nice opportunity to achieve a more balanced perspective.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4854 on: February 20, 2021, 09:05:49 PM »

Onar considering Philip was born on Greek soil in a Greek family or at least one important to the history of the country how would his death be reported and his life considered? I know Greeks have a not good relationship with their former monarchy but Philip and Constantine's ages and illnesses mean a certain reckoning with the past which is always a nice opportunity to achieve a more balanced perspective.
It would be mentioned - and keep in mind that the interest for the british royal family is bigger than other rf. I don't know if it is because of the role of England in Greece (the years after the independence, in formating governments etc) and Cyprus or because Philip married into this family. Maybe a combination of both.
However, I don't think that it would be any change on how most people see the monarchies, the role of a foreign royal family in Greece.
There would be a mention about him being born in Greece, the exile etc and that would be it.

llcd

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #4855 on: February 20, 2021, 09:47:37 PM »

I really hope Philip is well... I don't like those pictures Crap
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4856 on: February 20, 2021, 09:54:51 PM »

Charles drove a long way to visit.. Confused
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4857 on: February 20, 2021, 10:00:13 PM »

It has just been announced hes staying in London tonight rather than going back to Highgrove.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4858 on: February 20, 2021, 10:05:38 PM »

It has just been announced hes staying in London tonight rather than going back to Highgrove.

This is worrying if he stays in London tonight instead of going back to Highgrove  Sad

ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4859 on: February 20, 2021, 10:22:49 PM »

I'm seeing comments that he has actually returned back to Highgrove - which suggest no imminent need for him to stay in London 
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 336   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: