Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1106062 times)
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4860 on: February 20, 2021, 10:26:32 PM »

I'm seeing comments that he has actually returned back to Highgrove - which suggest no imminent need for him to stay in London 

That would be a good sign.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4861 on: February 20, 2021, 10:29:32 PM »

Charles drove a long way to visit.. Confused
It has just been announced heís staying in London tonight rather than going back to Highgrove.

This is worrying if he stays in London tonight instead of going back to Highgrove  Sad
Half of Twitter has him staying in London and the other half going back to Highgrove. I shouldnít have used the word ďannouncedĒ as though it came from an official source as opposed to a newspaper website.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4862 on: February 20, 2021, 10:35:16 PM »

It is definitely worrying, he would not had visitors if nothing was up because of Covid and he surely knew there would be nasty comments on the social chanels why he could have a visitor while others could not. He also has a completely different range of medical help, so it's worrying that he's in the hospital. One must have expected that he would need medical help, equipment etc., possibly cardiac arrhythmias.
ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4863 on: February 20, 2021, 10:35:37 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56141128
Prince Charles, 72, spent about 30 minutes at the hospital on Saturday afternoon. He returned to his Highgrove residence after the visit, a Clarence House spokesman said.

Under England's current coronavirus lockdown rules, visiting someone in a hospital is considered a "reasonable excuse" to leave home, although many hospitals have put significant limits on visitors.

The King Edward VII's hospital website says visitors "will only be considered in exceptional circumstances" during the pandemic.

https://twitter.com/chris...tatus/1363230178890178564
After visiting his father for 30 minutes this afternoon, Prince Charles has now returned from central London to Highgrove in Gloucestershire.

https://twitter.com/BBCHe...tatus/1363152859324383236
Clarence House has confirmed the Prince of Wales is not staying in London tonight and has returned to Highgrove.

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4864 on: February 20, 2021, 10:37:58 PM »

onar as always thank you for your insight. Well if Charles has gone back to the countryside maybe this visit was more of a break in the calendar before heading home kind of thing. Let's hope. I hope to see the queen soon even though she is mostly doing Zoom appearances now. I always gauge Philip's state by her face.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4865 on: February 21, 2021, 10:48:35 AM »

onar as always thank you for your insight. Well if Charles has gone back to the countryside maybe this visit was more of a break in the calendar before heading home kind of thing. Let's hope. I hope to see the queen soon even though she is mostly doing Zoom appearances now. I always gauge Philip's state by her face.
You're very welcome, peri! Smiley

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4866 on: February 22, 2021, 01:47:30 PM »

I have to wonder, if they couldn't have prevented this public debate on Charles' visit. They would have known (or should have) that there would be two reactions: a) OMG it is serious, Philipp is dying and b) Ha! extra rules for royals? Why can Chuck visit his Pa and I can't?
Esp. during lockdown, there are far less people around to snatch a photo on their mobile of something they just happen to see. So I wonder, wasn't it possible to put Charles in a car without Windows (put him in the back of an ambulance for criks sake) and sneak him in. But the fact that they blatantly obviously did not sneak in, tells me that a) it is serious (though at 99 a mosquito bite can turn serious) or b) it never occured to them (again!!) that no, royal exceptions aren't well received in the 21 century...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4867 on: February 22, 2021, 02:34:31 PM »

I’m leaning more and more towards Charles not thinking about the possible reactions.  Personally, I’m leaning towards this visit having been unnecessary and that video chat would have been a more than viable option.  This was a mess on Saturday and is another kind of mess now.  Sorry, not sorry, but Charles should have stayed home.

Obviously I could be wrong about Philip’s condition, but hopefully not.

Update...I'll pulled this from the hospital's website (https://www.kingedwardvii...mation/visiting-a-patient)

To protect our patients we need to limit visitors to our hospital. We recommend virtual visits where possible. Visitors will only be considered in exceptional circumstances, where one visitor will be permitted to visit. No children will be permitted to visit. The health, safety and well-being of our patients, family, carers and staff remain our absolute priority.

Permission for visiting must be discussed directly with Matron’s Office, and would be allowed under the following circumstances:

• One regular carer will be allowed for patients with additional needs e.g. dementia, learning disabilities. They will be swabbed to allow them to continue with caring commitments.
  • For patients receiving end of life care.

As Charles is clearly not the former everyone is jumping to the latter, especially with CH is insisting that the visit was "fully complainant".   And if it was the later you'd think that Charles would be staying in London rather than returning to Highgrove, and probably visiting again.
 Unless by "fully complainant" they mean things like social distancing, mask wearing, and proper hygiene took place during the visit.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 03:39:06 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #4868 on: February 22, 2021, 03:22:00 PM »

It has been stressed that the visit was fully compliant. Moreover, Iíve read a lot of recounts from ordinary people who visit their relatives in hospital.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4869 on: February 22, 2021, 05:28:15 PM »

Maybe Charles and Philip talked about how Harry is definitely out and coupled with his father's clear rate of decline he got hit in the feels just as photographers snapped him leaving. That is where I am landing. Philip will not have long for this world but I don't think the funeral will be in the next couple of weeks. I am sure however that the funeral has been planned for several years now and gets updated as events warrant.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4870 on: February 22, 2021, 05:41:09 PM »

Maybe Charles and Philip talked about how Harry is definitely out and coupled with his father's clear rate of decline he got hit in the feels just as photographers snapped him leaving. That is where I am landing. Philip will not have long for this world but I don't think the funeral will be in the next couple of weeks. I am sure however that the funeral has been planned for several years now and gets updated as events warrant.

i was thinking along those same lines, and that along with updating his father on the situation with Haz he might also have been showing Phillip pictures of little August. It may have made Charles tear up realizing he likely won't see much of his two grandchildren out in Cali.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
kbart

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4871 on: February 22, 2021, 05:59:29 PM »

100 per cent agree with this. Charles is one of the more visibly emotional members of the RF. Combination of worry about an ailing parent and worry about a child....
anneboleyn

Warned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4872 on: February 22, 2021, 10:30:46 PM »

I am neither here nor there on Prince Philip, but I do hope for a swift recovery for the Queen's sake. With elderly people who have been married for a long time, normally they follow each other quite quickly when one goes. Prince Philip has been her rock since she was a 13 year old girl - I'm not sure she would even know how to live without him.  Sad
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4873 on: February 22, 2021, 11:01:53 PM »

We also forget that the Royals are concerned about bugging and hacking of video calls.  Perhaps face to face was deemed best for this discussion rather than demand the hospital improve their cyber security.
Emac0914

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4874 on: February 23, 2021, 02:00:52 AM »

Sad that privacy and cyber security have to be such an issue at the end of a manís life.  He and Charles should have been afforded the privacy without the media scrutiny, including how emotional Charles looked.  Itís probably not easy seeing his formerly robust but now very elderly parent in a hospital bed, even if all this is precautionary.  If Philip is starting to exhibit more severe symptoms of congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation or even renal failure, heís better to be monitored at a hospital.
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: