Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 336   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1146341 times)
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4890 on: February 24, 2021, 04:41:15 PM »

I imagine that they are set up with an emergency/procedure room at each palace with a doctor, if not on staff, close by and on call. Especially given the age of the principals. Even back to 70 years ago, George VI had a lung removed in Buckingham Palace. I'm sure great improvements have been made since then.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4891 on: February 24, 2021, 06:17:41 PM »

Keeping my fingers crossed. Look at the nun who is still alive in France at 117!
Gemsheal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4892 on: February 24, 2021, 06:29:38 PM »

I hope that it does not sound soppy: If the Queen and Philipp die one day it will mark an end of an era. Plus they still live by values and standards which have been partly lost to society. Especially Philipp, born in 1921 lived through eras most people just know from a history book. It is like they represent an era that is long gone.

It is the first time that you perceive Philipp as mortal and vulnerable. So far Philipp never seemed to age, they did their job without complaining and absolutely reliable and it was implicite that they would be there. Now you realize that the dawn has arrived - in a time full of turmoil and you just wish that they are able to stay around for another while because most of the people have never had another Queen and it provides some stability and guidance to them. 

If you read e.g. the Daily Mirror comments, many people fear to loose him right now, because they now realize that they are way more emotionally attached to him and the Queen than they realized before.

They will certainly (sadly) die one day ... although one can well understand the Freudian slip  Laugh bounce   Star Miss Marple

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4893 on: February 25, 2021, 04:42:19 AM »

While they  both will most assuredly depart this world at some time, I hope that QEII will be blessed with her mother's longevity, giving us 7 more years. As for the Iron Duke, I devoutly hope he rallies and gets to spend time with his new namesake great grandson. I love that Eugenie named the baby, in part, for him. As The Queen put it, Philip is  someone that doesn't take easily to compliments but he has been her strength and her stay for 73 years. The only reason I am not way more concerned about his lengthy hospital stay is that QE has not been to visit him. If they really felt he was in peril, I would think he would have had more visitors from the family. Though wth restrictions, it's perhaps not possible. But I have to say, this week I have checked the news often during the day, worried about Philip. With the current number of family dumpster fires, it's imperative, IMHO, that the top of the tree remains constant until some of the more difficult issues at hand  are settled.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 04:49:09 AM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4894 on: February 25, 2021, 09:12:56 AM »

A couple of observations, that somehow might even contradict eachother:
While I think, they can set up a very well equipped nursing care unit at every Palace and have excellent staff (nurses and doctors) at Hand, I do doubt they have surgical rooms available. Not only has a lot changed in this respect since George got his lung removed, when most was done "manually" as opposed to todays tenthousandone computerized technical maschines etc, but hospitals have become a lot more "the norm" today. (e.g. births and deliveries are routinely done at Hospitals instead of at home/plalace, etc).
That being said, if the physicians feared or suspected that the end was imminent and there was little else to do, but comfort him carefully, they would certainly send him home. (they do this nowadays with regular patients and few have the luxury of such  good care as Philipp will have).
That the Queen wasn't there, well, we don't know that. I truely believe that all those royals can slip under the radar whenever they really want. Just because sometimes one is "caught" doing everyday stuff, doesn't mean that every time they do every day stuff they are caught. Heck for all we know, Charles took one for the team and the rest is secretly camped out at the hospital....
And last: I am not really sure how close the Queen and Philipp are still. Yes they have been married for more years than many people live, but they have had very separate lives, had separate suites at every palace and different routines. And elderly people get often extremely narrow-minded and ego-centric - perhaps this tunnel-Vision is the natural way of shutting out too many informations, which are difficult to process.
While I have seen longtime partners decline immediately and steadily after the loss of one, I have seen others who though grieving did not feel a lot of change in their daily habit....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4895 on: February 25, 2021, 10:13:07 AM »

While I think, they can set up a very well equipped nursing care unit at every Palace and have excellent staff (nurses and doctors) at Hand, I do doubt they have surgical rooms available. Not only has a lot changed in this respect since George got his lung removed, when most was done "manually" as opposed to todays tenthousandone computerized technical maschines etc, but hospitals have become a lot more "the norm" today. (e.g. births and deliveries are routinely done at Hospitals instead of at home/plalace, etc).
That being said, if the physicians feared or suspected that the end was imminent and there was little else to do, but comfort him carefully, they would certainly send him home. (they do this nowadays with regular patients and few have the luxury of such  good care as Philipp will have).
That the Queen wasn't there, well, we don't know that. I truely believe that all those royals can slip under the radar whenever they really want. Just because sometimes one is "caught" doing everyday stuff, doesn't mean that every time they do every day stuff they are caught. Heck for all we know, Charles took one for the team and the rest is secretly camped out at the hospital....
And last: I am not really sure how close the Queen and Philipp are still. Yes they have been married for more years than many people live, but they have had very separate lives, had separate suites at every palace and different routines. And elderly people get often extremely narrow-minded and ego-centric - perhaps this tunnel-Vision is the natural way of shutting out too many informations, which are difficult to process.
While I have seen longtime partners decline immediately and steadily after the loss of one, I have seen others who though grieving did not feel a lot of change in their daily habit....

Agreed. This is especially true, if said partner was already ill. Then it often feels like a burden has been lifted of the surviving partner (Queen Margarethe f.e comes too mind).
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4896 on: February 25, 2021, 03:44:08 PM »

I agree with you fairy that I don't think one member of their couple will quickly die after the first. They are united as a couple but also fiercely independent people who have had different roles in life. Their love for each other withstands all that but doesn't overtake. They are not particularly sentimental people Philip especially. By the way does Philip have a biography because his story is fascinating to me.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4897 on: February 25, 2021, 03:59:27 PM »

I had similar thoughts about the medical facilities in the various palaces.  I was talking with my mom and she’s of the opinion that the palace facilities are probably similar to say the White House Medical Unit which has been described as “an urgent care center with a crash cart.”  The palace facilities are probably more equipped that the average GP office but not equipped enough to replace hospital care...and there’s no need for them to be.  With how advance modern medical care is it would be unnecessary to equip every senior residence well enough to eliminate the need for senior royals to ever need hospital care.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4898 on: February 25, 2021, 11:27:23 PM »

I agree with you fairy that I don't think one member of their couple will quickly die after the first. They are united as a couple but also fiercely independent people who have had different roles in life. Their love for each other withstands all that but doesn't overtake. They are not particularly sentimental people Philip especially. By the way does Philip have a biography because his story is fascinating to me.
Ingrid Seward put one out just this last year.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4899 on: February 25, 2021, 11:38:40 PM »

People who are offered a Covid jab but don't want it should "think about other people rather than themselves" HM said during a videocall with those running the vaccine roll out in the UKs 4 nations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56203768

The Queen has urged people to get a Covid vaccine when they are offered one, saying hers "didn't hurt at all".

The monarch, 94, and the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, received their first doses of the vaccine in January.

In a video call with health leaders delivering the Covid vaccine across the UK, the Queen was asked about her experience of having the jab.

She smiled as she replied: "Well, as far as I can make out it was quite harmless.

"It was very quick, and I've had lots of letters from people who've been very surprised by how easy it was to get the vaccine."

"It didn't hurt at all," the Queen said, adding that she has since felt "protected".

The monarch said she understood getting a jab could be a "difficult" experience for some people but urged everyone to "think about other people rather than themselves".

Of course the tabloids are blowing it up out of proportion calling it "unprecedented intervention", "remarkable intervention" etc. Well all I can say is, if so, great! Hopefully it encourages more people to take up the offers of the jab and that in turn will protect themselves and everybody else.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4900 on: February 26, 2021, 12:52:37 AM »

Honestly good for her. It's so true and maybe her voice will matter to some. Some people just want to be butt hurt.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4901 on: February 26, 2021, 12:54:32 AM »

Ingrid Seward put one out just this last year.

Oh DoV thank you so much. Ingrid Seward is a royal reporter or biography correct? Does that mean this is an authorized biography? If so I suppose it will have truthful and insider knowledge.
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4902 on: February 26, 2021, 07:53:35 AM »

People who are offered a Covid jab but don't want it should "think about other people rather than themselves" HM said during a videocall with those running the vaccine roll out in the UKs 4 nations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56203768

Thank you for that link, ralf103, very good to hear Her Majesty's actual words  Thumb up
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4903 on: February 26, 2021, 08:42:38 AM »

Ingrid Seward is the Editor in Chief of the Majesty Magazine and has written numerous book on esp. the newer royals such as Diana, (several books) William and Harry and the Queen, and now Prince Philipp.
I read her book on Queen Mom ("The Last Great Edwardian Lady") which was relatively good. Not overly critical, but a good read…
Her writing and her critique is en par with Hugo Vickers, not overly sugary, but not upsetting any apple carts...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4904 on: February 26, 2021, 12:36:39 PM »

Apparently QE also made a statement back in the time where Charles and Anne were vaccinated against polio. It’s very telling we’re at a time in history where larger groups of people actually reject science and vaccines - in spite of the consequences corona is having everywhere. Many things have happened since polio. I think we’re many who forget that privilege.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 336   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: