Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 336   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1148679 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4905 on: February 26, 2021, 01:37:05 PM »

Apparently QE also made a statement back in the time where Charles and Anne were vaccinated against polio. It’s very telling we’re at a time in history where larger groups of people actually reject science and vaccines - in spite of the consequences corona is having everywhere. Many things have happened since polio. I think we’re many who forget that privilege.
I remember that it was mentioned earlier in this topic, about the queen and the fact that she vaccinated her children, if I remember correctly that had happened in public?
Public or not, it's a big statements, it clearly shows the importance of the vaccines and yes, I agree with you, that many of us take many things for granted and we don't realise the huge difference they made/make in various aspects of our life.

Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #4906 on: February 26, 2021, 03:42:33 PM »

Apparently QE also made a statement back in the time where Charles and Anne were vaccinated against polio. It’s very telling we’re at a time in history where larger groups of people actually reject science and vaccines - in spite of the consequences corona is having everywhere. Many things have happened since polio. I think we’re many who forget that privilege.
I remember that it was mentioned earlier in this topic, about the queen and the fact that she vaccinated her children, if I remember correctly that had happened in public?
Public or not, it's a big statements, it clearly shows the importance of the vaccines and yes, I agree with you, that many of us take many things for granted and we don't realise the huge difference they made/make in various aspects of our life.

I think she “let it be known”. Not in public or a statement.
https://honey.nine.com.au...d4-4efb-8c52-f951044ede39
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4907 on: February 26, 2021, 04:34:22 PM »

I think that post is over in the Covid Vaccination thread somewhere. There was article in Verge - who should be the public face of Covid vaccinations, and it mentioned Elvis being vaccinated for Polio live on the Ed Sullivan Show. Then it went on to say that HM topped the list to be publicly vaccinated for Covid on camera. I think somewhere down thread from that is the mention of Charles and Anne being vaccinated for Polio.

https://www.theverge.com/...-elvis-oprah-dolly-parton

She saves public pronouncements for really important things.  

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 05:03:52 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
anneboleyn

Warned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4908 on: February 26, 2021, 04:51:31 PM »

I love that she is speaking up. I know it's expected of her to remain neutral on so many topics, but I'm glad to see she is voicing her opinion on this, because her words might sway someone.

I've personally signed up for a waiting list for when the vaccine is available in Canada. Looking forward to being protected and protecting others.
Gemsheal

Medium Member

"A knight who remembered his vows"

Ignore
« Reply #4909 on: February 26, 2021, 05:49:32 PM »

People who are offered a Covid jab but don't want it should "think about other people rather than themselves" HM said during a videocall with those running the vaccine roll out in the UKs 4 nations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56203768

The Queen has urged people to get a Covid vaccine when they are offered one, saying hers "didn't hurt at all".

The monarch, 94, and the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, received their first doses of the vaccine in January.

In a video call with health leaders delivering the Covid vaccine across the UK, the Queen was asked about her experience of having the jab.

She smiled as she replied: "Well, as far as I can make out it was quite harmless.

"It was very quick, and I've had lots of letters from people who've been very surprised by how easy it was to get the vaccine."

"It didn't hurt at all," the Queen said, adding that she has since felt "protected".

The monarch said she understood getting a jab could be a "difficult" experience for some people but urged everyone to "think about other people rather than themselves".

Of course the tabloids are blowing it up out of proportion calling it "unprecedented intervention", "remarkable intervention" etc. Well all I can say is, if so, great! Hopefully it encourages more people to take up the offers of the jab and that in turn will protect themselves and everybody else.

But is the reaction to the Queen's statements really blown out of proportion?   I don't want the vaccine, for my own personal reasons, and frankly I would strongly resist - as I currently strongly resent - any measures that tried to compel me to get it.  This includes celebrities, or anyone else, trying to guilt me into getting it.   I don't even partake of annual "normal" flu shots.   

If that makes me a selfish bitch, who only thinks of herself, with the potential to be Typhoid Mary #2, so be it. 

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4910 on: February 26, 2021, 07:06:33 PM »

I have nothing against people who after careful consideration or with medical advice decide against any sort of medical treatment. I have a lot against war-mongers, those that outright make up stories of neighbours daughters husband's sister in law who had this and suffered like a slaughtered pig - when you can clearly tell, there was no chance that this case was even comparable. Those who like stiring up troubles in order to feel important.
In Germany, people are deadset against Astraseneca, my secretary spreads nonsense that her paramedic fella wouldn't get the vaccine because "all" of his mates have got it already and have been suffering from severe cardio problems for weeks. Cringeworthy, since this state of Germany has only started using this vaccine this week and only about 50 people have gotten it. It is rather strange that she knows all of them!!!
Anyway, scores of people are now really afraid, and those need to be reassured.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Steferene

Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #4911 on: February 26, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »

People who are offered a Covid jab but don't want it should "think about other people rather than themselves" HM said during a videocall with those running the vaccine roll out in the UKs 4 nations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56203768

The Queen has urged people to get a Covid vaccine when they are offered one, saying hers "didn't hurt at all".

The monarch, 94, and the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, received their first doses of the vaccine in January.

In a video call with health leaders delivering the Covid vaccine across the UK, the Queen was asked about her experience of having the jab.

She smiled as she replied: "Well, as far as I can make out it was quite harmless.

"It was very quick, and I've had lots of letters from people who've been very surprised by how easy it was to get the vaccine."

"It didn't hurt at all," the Queen said, adding that she has since felt "protected".

The monarch said she understood getting a jab could be a "difficult" experience for some people but urged everyone to "think about other people rather than themselves".

Of course the tabloids are blowing it up out of proportion calling it "unprecedented intervention", "remarkable intervention" etc. Well all I can say is, if so, great! Hopefully it encourages more people to take up the offers of the jab and that in turn will protect themselves and everybody else.

But is the reaction to the Queen's statements really blown out of proportion?   I don't want the vaccine, for my own personal reasons, and frankly I would strongly resist - as I currently strongly resent - any measures that tried to compel me to get it.  This includes celebrities, or anyone else, trying to guilt me into getting it.   I don't even partake of annual "normal" flu shots.   

If that makes me a selfish bitch, who only thinks of herself, with the potential to be Typhoid Mary #2, so be it. 

Yes, it is. Any encouragement is good. Vaccines are there to stop one experiencing severe disease but also to encourage herd immunity so the spread stops this protecting people who physically can't get the vaccine. Her statement was absolutely correct
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4912 on: February 26, 2021, 07:47:03 PM »

To be fair no one is saying she was wrong to speak out - well not the media. They are simply pointing out she rarely makes such direct pronouncements (effectively telling people what to do) of course the usual suspects are over doing it in their coverage. That said, I do thing it is rather a strong statement from HM (a very true and right one IMO).
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4913 on: February 26, 2021, 09:43:38 PM »

I had a horrible feeling that HM had been got at to make the statement.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4914 on: February 26, 2021, 10:10:03 PM »

To Maria's point I feel that the queen is a woman of her generation and has seen and lived through both medical horrors and scientific advancement and her whole career for lack of a better word has been engaging with the best of the best in the scientific and academic communities and she knows personally and professionally that some things aren't up for discussion. I can hear my own grandmother in her words because she survived the 1918 pandemic but was hanging by a thread. This is why knowing history is important there are lessons to be learned. The queen seemed to be speaking from the authority not of her role but of her life's story.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4915 on: February 26, 2021, 10:30:42 PM »

To Maria's point I feel that the queen is a woman of her generation and has seen and lived through both medical horrors and scientific advancement and her whole career for lack of a better word has been engaging with the best of the best in the scientific and academic communities and she knows personally and professionally that some things aren't up for discussion. I can hear my own grandmother in her words because she survived the 1918 pandemic but was hanging by a thread. This is why knowing history is important there are lessons to be learned. The queen seemed to be speaking from the authority not of her role but of her life's story.

My mother was born less than 10 years before HM. I can remember her telling me, when I was 12 or so, that by the time she was my age she had lost five or six classmates, because antibiotics  had not been developed then. What we take for granted, be they antibiotics or certain vaccines were by no means a given thing at the beginning of HM's life. She speaks from authority not just because she's met and been briefed by the best. She knows this with the same authority my mother and grandmother had - personal experience.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4916 on: February 26, 2021, 11:07:38 PM »

I had a horrible feeling that HM had been got at to make the statement.

With the exception of the Christmas message every time the Queen speaks she does so with the approval of the government and often at the instigation of the government. That is her job.
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #4917 on: February 26, 2021, 11:19:32 PM »

As someone who already had the virus myself I see no point in getting vaccinated - not okay with coercion or force (and no, I'm definitely not anti-vax). I'll have to get it to travel and probably enter businesses - which is totally ridiculous. Am I selfish for not wanting to? Nope. People should choose for their own reasons why to get it or not; as we do with every other vaccination. If you are at risk and get the vaccine you are protected and other people don't really need to get it 'for' you, but we are being held hostage for normal life by vaccination - then we hear so much about how normal life is gone anyway and we won't be 'allowed' our rights and freedoms anyway.

I get why she made the statement but it was worded poorly imo. If you're at risk by age or anything, yes, get it! But forcing people to - promising them normal life and then saying hahaha forget it - isn't cool, but that is not her, that is on governments.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4918 on: February 27, 2021, 12:03:15 AM »

I had the virus.  I'm getting the shot when able. 

If you look at studies the antibodies in the vaccine are stronger and natural antibodies start dropping after 3 months.  I want this crap over.

I'm sure QE was urged by the government to make a statement.  But so what? She's in her 90s, she's the most at risk, as are her peers who are the most likely group to listen.
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #4919 on: February 27, 2021, 12:07:48 AM »

Yeah, antibodies generally drop but we have memory cells that'll kick in - that's how it always works. SARS1 aka SARS-CoV-1 where this is 2, people have immune responses still 17+ years later.

I'm getting it (Johnson & Johnson probably) because I want to travel but I don't like feeling like I have to, to live a normal, human life - it's unacceptable imo to create 1st and 2nd class citizens which is what  this is doing, but this isn't really a convo about what HM said. It's like we're all being given a carrot dangled on a stick then it's dragged out again and again.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 336   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: