Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 350   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1205405 times)
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5040 on: April 18, 2021, 08:10:02 PM »

I had forgotten about the renovations going on at Buck House. Much better for her to stay at Windsor until the dust settles.

I hope things resolve enough so that the family can spend a lot of time with her at Balmoral this summer.

Scotland (and England) have just lifted the "stay local" guideline, meaning we can travel even when it is non essential. At the moment two households can meet in our garden, and the next lifting of restrictions are on 17 May then 21 June, if all goes to plan.

I'm sure by the time the Queen will be travelling to Balmoral, she will be able to welcome visitors.

Out of interest, is Balmoral just the castle, or are there smaller cottages on the estate that the family use? Like at Kensington or Windsor?

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #5041 on: April 18, 2021, 08:20:05 PM »

I had forgotten about the renovations going on at Buck House. Much better for her to stay at Windsor until the dust settles.

I hope things resolve enough so that the family can spend a lot of time with her at Balmoral this summer.

Scotland (and England) have just lifted the "stay local" guideline, meaning we can travel even when it is non essential. At the moment two households can meet in our garden, and the next lifting of restrictions are on 17 May then 21 June, if all goes to plan.

I'm sure by the time the Queen will be travelling to Balmoral, she will be able to welcome visitors.

Out of interest, is Balmoral just the castle, or are there smaller cottages on the estate that the family use? Like at Kensington or Windsor?

That is nice to know.

I know there are cottages, because I remember William having use of one, and there is Birkhall, which was used first by HMTQM, and now is where Charles and Camilla stay. Not quite a cottage though!

The public can rent some of the cottages on the estate:

https://www.visitscotland...-holiday-cottages-p223731

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5042 on: April 19, 2021, 09:13:30 AM »

Philip did such an amazing job with his funeral.  The attention to detail, the musical selections...  the symbolism...

I bet they already worked out her funeral too.  I mean, I know the palace and government have been rehearsing and all, but I bet the two of them already worked out all the little details and choices.  I mean, they were a team in every way.

That is a very good point, that the Queen and Prince Philip may have collaborated on some of the finer details of her funeral too.
And I expect that lockdowns or "distancing" or other potential limiting factors will have been brought into consideration also.

May that day be long distant.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5043 on: April 19, 2021, 02:35:32 PM »

I hope covid is a thought in the past when she goes. She deserves the biggest state funeral the world has ever seen.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5044 on: April 19, 2021, 05:37:32 PM »

What will be a comfort to the Queen will be having all her children, grandchildren minus one, and 10 great grand kids, some in Windsor, and others close by. I know people whose kids and grandchildren are all over the map, and with Covid they can't even think about getting together.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5045 on: April 19, 2021, 05:44:27 PM »

That is nice to know.

I know there are cottages, because I remember William having use of one, and there is Birkhall, which was used first by HMTQM, and now is where Charles and Camilla stay. Not quite a cottage though!

Lordy, my next Scottish road-trip was going to take in the north-westerly coast and the Isles of Mull and Skye. I may just have to do a diversion to stay in one of those cottages for a night or two  Whistle pack a bag of pretty dresses and country gear, plus my prom tiara from Claire's accessories, and I'm all good to go!
Ktc

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5046 on: April 19, 2021, 06:09:20 PM »

That is nice to know.

Lordy, my next Scottish road-trip was going to take in the north-westerly coast and the Isles of Mull and Skye. I may just have to do a diversion to stay in one of those cottages for a night or two  Whistle pack a bag of pretty dresses and country gear, plus my prom tiara from Claire's accessories, and I'm all good to go!

Prom tiara from Claire’s  🤣
loveofenglishtradition

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5047 on: April 19, 2021, 06:10:50 PM »

German newspaper "Die Welt" published some nice photos of Prince Phlip and the Queen in memory

https://www.welt.de/icon/...-eines-langen-Lebens.html

jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5048 on: April 19, 2021, 09:03:13 PM »

Visited Skye and Mull (among other areas of Scotland) in 2016. So pretty!
ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5049 on: April 19, 2021, 09:23:49 PM »

Balmoral will go ahead unless the Covid situation in the UK changes drastically, at worst they'll have to repeat last summer's trip and all stay in separate cottages/properties on the Estate and only meet outside but in theory all the restrictions will have been lifted by then so it should be more like normal.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5050 on: April 20, 2021, 01:29:42 PM »

This is a little o/t but I grew up in the UK and there was a children's series called Balamory set in Tobermory on the Isle of Mull. The different coloured buildings was the main eye catching feature and I've wanted to visit ever since...even though as an adult I've learned that the pink castle isn't actually pink but a clever CGI trick  Nerves i was very heartbroken the day I realised that! There's a cheese cafe on the Isle too which is a must for me!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5051 on: April 21, 2021, 12:03:02 AM »

This is a little o/t but I grew up in the UK and there was a children's series called Balamory set in Tobermory on the Isle of Mull. The different coloured buildings was the main eye catching feature and I've wanted to visit ever since...even though as an adult I've learned that the pink castle isn't actually pink but a clever CGI trick  Nerves i was very heartbroken the day I realised that! There's a cheese cafe on the Isle too which is a must for me!

You had me at "cheese cafe"  Grin

I'd have loved the idea of a pink castle too! I actually do love the idea of a pink castle even now!
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5052 on: April 21, 2021, 02:22:47 AM »

Happy Birthday to Queen Elizabeth II!   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIz4IDIEj1w
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5053 on: April 21, 2021, 03:12:01 AM »

Happy Birthday to Queen Elizabeth II!   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIz4IDIEj1w

Beer
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5054 on: April 21, 2021, 03:58:56 AM »

Champagne  Happy Birthday Cabbage, I'm sure it's a hard one

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 350   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: