Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 350   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1205002 times)
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5055 on: April 21, 2021, 05:45:11 AM »

Respectful and kind remembrances to Her Majesty on this her birthday.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5056 on: April 21, 2021, 07:57:24 AM »

Best wishes to her Majesty the Queen on her birthday. It would have been the birthday of my dear grandmother, too. Always a special date for me. May the Queen recover from the loss of her husband, and find comfort in her faith and family.
casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5057 on: April 21, 2021, 08:35:53 AM »

Many happy returns. Champagne
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5058 on: April 21, 2021, 04:55:32 PM »

Lordy, my next Scottish road-trip was going to take in the north-westerly coast and the Isles of Mull and Skye. I may just have to do a diversion to stay in one of those cottages for a night or two  Whistle pack a bag of pretty dresses and country gear, plus my prom tiara from Claire's accessories, and I'm all good to go!
Visited Skye and Mull (among other areas of Scotland) in 2016. So pretty!

This is a little o/t but I grew up in the UK and there was a children's series called Balamory set in Tobermory on the Isle of Mull. The different coloured buildings was the main eye catching feature and I've wanted to visit ever since...even though as an adult I've learned that the pink castle isn't actually pink but a clever CGI trick  Nerves i was very heartbroken the day I realised that! There's a cheese cafe on the Isle too which is a must for me!

You had me at "cheese cafe"  Grin

I'd have loved the idea of a pink castle too! I actually do love the idea of a pink castle even now!

It looks so pretty too! It's a farm shop (so you can buy the cheese!) and has a cafe on site: https://www.sgriobruadh.co.uk/

Sadly the castle isn't pink IRL but this is what it looked like in the programme: https://th.bing.com/th/id...nnoxij3HeA&pid=ImgRaw

And this is Tobermory IRL. The castle in the background is the one that is CGI-d pink in the show: https://th.bing.com/th/id...ylBb7pQe1g&pid=ImgRaw

In Scotland too there is a pineapple castle. As pineapples were a big status symbol, the architects of Dunmore Castle incorporated a giant stone pineapple within their designs. The building is now owned by the Landmark Trust, and you can stay overnight there: https://www.landmarktrust...r-gardenfront-600x400.jpg

I hope that Her Majesty has a comfortable and as enjoyable birthday as possible today. It feels wrong to wish her a happy birthday with everything she has endured this month alone, but I hope that she is able to see family and maybe even friends in her garden today. Her statement was very moving and dignified, and I'm glad that the outpouring of grief worldwide brought her some comfort in this difficult time.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #5059 on: April 21, 2021, 07:39:34 PM »

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5060 on: April 21, 2021, 07:43:54 PM »

Must be an especially difficult birthday, so soon after losing Phillip. Let's hope she has an enjoyable one with some members of her family.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5061 on: April 21, 2021, 09:07:17 PM »

Oh, her post made me sad. Not a very happy birthday for her this year. I hope that she has at least several more birthdays in her and they're much happier than this year.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5062 on: April 21, 2021, 09:31:18 PM »

Must be an especially difficult birthday, so soon after losing Phillip. Let's hope she has an enjoyable one with some members of her family.

I think she will. If she has learned one thing in her life I think it's that you shouldn't look back.

Happy birthday!
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5063 on: April 23, 2021, 02:53:54 PM »

With the two week mourning period now over, the Royal Family Instagram etc., along with those of Clarence House and Kensington Palace, have reverted to having photos in their bio rather than the black and white ciphers theyíve had for the past two weeks.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5064 on: April 23, 2021, 04:36:00 PM »

I noticed that.  Sad
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5065 on: April 24, 2021, 01:26:57 AM »

With the two week mourning period now over, the Royal Family Instagram etc., along with those of Clarence House and Kensington Palace, have reverted to having photos in their bio rather than the black and white ciphers theyíve had for the past two weeks.

I must say I like that as a symbol of a moment not unlike the flags flying at half staff or when the monarch is in etc.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #5066 on: May 02, 2021, 12:08:10 PM »

Anyone fancy a picnic at Buckingham Palace? https://www.rct.uk/visit/buckingham-palace

Cool your jets, everyone
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5067 on: May 02, 2021, 05:41:05 PM »

Anyone fancy a picnic at Buckingham Palace? https://www.rct.uk/visit/buckingham-palace

Me!  Iíll have to set my screen saver at work for 2ish weeks because I donít think my boss would understand.....
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #5068 on: May 02, 2021, 07:21:21 PM »

Me!  Iíll have to set my screen saver at work for 2ish weeks because I donít think my boss would understand.....

Me too! If I can bring my binocs and The King of the Britons his camera - the gardens are super for birding and wildlife watching.

https://www.independent.c...ngham-palace-1131247.html

BUCKINGHAM PALACE garden is the richest habitat for wildlife in the whole urban area of London, a new report reveals.

The 40 walled acres in the heart of the capital are so cloistered and protected from disturbance that they harbour 325 wild-plant species and 30 species of breeding birds.

They also contain 112 types of spider, 56 types of moss and 16 types of land snail, as well as a multitude of other species.

The garden's riches are revealed in its first wildlife survey in 35 years, published by the London Natural History Society with the encouragement of the palace's head gardener, Mark Lane.

"Buckingham Palace garden represents something unique in Britain," the report reads. "Here, in the heart of of one of the most urban areas of Europe, surrounded by traffic and a very large number of people, lie [40 acres] of greenery which remain largely secluded, other than briefly each summer during the garden parties."

The garden is adjacent to three royal parks - Hyde Park, Green Park and St James's park - but is much denser in its plant cover than they are.

But it is in the higher plants - wild ones, rather than those put there by the gardeners - that the garden is really rich. The 325 species recorded in the survey include bluebell and primrose, meadowsweet and foxglove, dog violet and ladies' bedstraw, scarlet pimpernel and lords-and-ladies. There are real surprises, too, such as a colony of spotted orchids which produced 30 flower spikes this year.

"To find wild orchids growing in the heart of central London is quite amazing," said Elinor Wiltshire, a botanist who surveyed the garden's plant life with David McLintock, another wild-flower expert who carried out the first survey in 1963.

"The garden has a very special character. You might expect it to be just lawns, flowerbeds and shrubs, but it is much more than that and its wild flora is absolutely wonderful."

The garden's bird life is also very rich, the report reveals, with 58 species seen during the survey, of which 30 bred. Breeding species include jays, barn owls, long-tailed tits and great crested grebes (on the lake), while visitors include green and great-spotted woodpeckers, tree creepers, sedge warblers and goosanders. The lake even plays host to kingfishers. "The density of wild birds [in the garden] is probably higher than anywhere else in the capital," the report says.

Doubtless because of the high wall, the survey found only six wild mammals: fox, grey squirrel, brown rat, wood mouse, house mouse and pipistrelle bat. The four-acre lake is poor in fish, with only three species recorded: roach, perch and gudgeon. The dace, recorded in the 1963 survey, have disappeared, and the occasional common frog is the only amphibian or reptile in evidence.

However, the garden in general is "a wonderful haven for wildlife", the report declares.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5069 on: May 02, 2021, 11:43:49 PM »

The garden is spectacular. I like the fact that primrose and foxglove are included.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 350   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: