Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 353   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1241749 times)
Emac0914

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5130 on: May 23, 2021, 06:09:29 PM »

The recycled rubies give it an interesting provenance.  It’s interesting to see the carved rubies close to see what each is - some look like scarabs, others like carved leaves or buds.  The gold work makes me think of coral so it does seem a bit incongruous.  Wonder what the theme or premise behind the design was.  The article doesn’t really get into that.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #5131 on: May 23, 2021, 06:20:05 PM »

The recycled rubies give it an interesting provenance.  It’s interesting to see the carved rubies close to see what each is - some look like scarabs, others like carved leaves or buds.  The gold work makes me think of coral so it does seem a bit incongruous.  Wonder what the theme or premise behind the design was.  The article doesn’t really get into that.

With the rubies coming from a headdress it could be all - leaves, buds and scarabs.

I think the dull red with the gold is reminiscent of coral and seaweed with diamond droplets of water sprinkled on it.

I know most of the jewelry will get lumped with what gets passed from Monarch to Monarch, but this was a personal present and I think it would be a nice piece for Anne to have. It would suit both her and Zara.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:29:42 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5132 on: May 23, 2021, 07:04:07 PM »

Nice to see her back in bright, vibrant colours!
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #5133 on: May 23, 2021, 11:04:19 PM »

Looks like something you’d see in a tide pool.

😹
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #5134 on: May 24, 2021, 12:30:13 AM »

😹

Mmm, I think Philip had good taste 9 times out of 10 but I don't appreciate this piece personally.  I like classic or delicate designs - and this one is just kind of a blob to me.  It does show up nicely at a distance though; I'll grant it that. 

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5135 on: May 24, 2021, 01:49:50 AM »

She looks great but I think she lost weight around her face/neck and chest. She has been through and is going through so much
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #5136 on: May 24, 2021, 01:58:29 AM »

She looks great but I think she lost weight around her face/neck and chest. She has been through and is going through so much

Yes, she has lost a heap of weight. Actual trauma has been inflicted on her.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5137 on: May 24, 2021, 01:59:54 AM »

Agreed. What a horrible year for her.
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5138 on: May 24, 2021, 02:02:56 AM »

Hopefully the abundance of sweet great grand babies will give her some much needed happiness.
Nappyolean

Warned
Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #5139 on: May 24, 2021, 04:03:14 AM »

Yes on the weight loss. Her coats usually fit perfectly, this one it’s almost hanging on her. She is doing remarkable.
Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #5140 on: May 24, 2021, 05:54:10 AM »

She’s been losing wheight in the last year or so. When she had an event with William in October last year in some sort of tent, she was wearing a pink coat which was a repeat, she was obviously tinnier than the time before she’d wore the same pink coat.
But of course that her personal tragedy has played on her.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #5141 on: May 24, 2021, 09:52:51 AM »

Grin Or a Thorny Crown.

HM looks amazing, notwithstanding the weight loss no doubt related to her grief. Here's hoping she is otherwise well.

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #5142 on: May 30, 2021, 11:30:56 PM »

Queen's cousin the Duke of Kent will step in as her 'plus one' and take Philip's place at the Trooping The Colour parade, and HM will probably travel to Cornwall for the G7 summit:

https://www.dailymail.co....ooping-Colour-parade.html

For this year’s Trooping the Colour on June 12, the Queen will be accompanied by her cousin, the Duke of Kent. He was with her at the 2013 ceremony when Prince Philip was recovering from surgery.

Palace sources say that after the limitations imposed by the pandemic and a period of mourning for the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen will be increasing her personal engagements.

As well as Trooping the Colour, which will feature more military personnel than last year, she will meet US President Joe Biden when he arrives next month for the G7 summit of leading industrial nations.

While plans are still to be finalised, it is believed the Queen, 95, will travel to Cornwall – where the summit is being held – so she can also meet the presidents and prime ministers of Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan.

As part of a strategy to impress the world leaders, it is expected that the Monarch will be joined by Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5143 on: May 31, 2021, 12:54:53 AM »

It is excellent that Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will accompany the Queen. There is strength in numbers.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5144 on: May 31, 2021, 01:03:31 AM »

The queen getting out and about will be good for her. I'm glad to see the older members of the family stepping in for mutual support and aid. I think she gets reinvigorated by visits with heads of state and those formalities. Plus we need a photo of her with Biden he is her 14th president wow.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 353   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: