Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 509257 times)
LadyBunion

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2820 on: August 02, 2017, 11:18:19 PM »

t a lot of legendary people along his journey with HM.
He had four children (to which he was finally able to give HIS name, Mountbatten-Windsor instead of only Windsor, which seemed to be one of the things which were really important to him,

[/quote]

He is a complete star, the BRF were fortunate to have him  amongst them, shame his kids did not make more of the connections he had to the other royal families of europe.

Actually the kids should really be Schleswig-Holstein-Sondersburg-Glucksburg - could be fun putting that one on the school register
NotAgain

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2821 on: August 02, 2017, 11:22:27 PM »

Bravo and kudos on a job well done, sir.
3 cheers for ya!
https://mobile.twitter.co...92751278241009665/video/1
T.H.I.S. is royalty.

The posture, the steady walk, the coat (oh, the stories it could tell!), the bowler (swoon),,,,and the smile that says it all.
Brits, your hearts should swell with pride, mine is. There is no other British royal who has what he has, except maybe Anne.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:27:55 PM by NotAgain » Logged
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2822 on: August 03, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »

Well done, Sir. You will be missed.

^^^ This. And respect to him.

I'm surprised at how emotional I felt reading about his "last" engagement. Not because I'm particularly royalist, more an "end of an era" feeling.
Athena

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2823 on: August 04, 2017, 05:29:46 AM »

Agree.
I have some tears, seeing these last few photos.
Well done, Sir; and a long and fulfilling retirement.

God bless him.
royalsareajoke

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2824 on: August 11, 2017, 06:28:32 PM »

I found this and laughed until I had tears. Don't know where else to put it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkEPCXvOYAs

I will always stand for our National Anthem, and I will always serve Under God.
Helena

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2825 on: August 21, 2017, 03:21:22 AM »

I cannot find the link, but there was a bit not long after it was announced he was retiring or perhaps it was when he was hospitalized some time ago, but at an engagement someone asked Princess Anne about how her father was doing and she gave a brief cackle and said, "He'll outlive us all."
Phina

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #2826 on: October 11, 2017, 05:40:25 PM »

At this year's Remembrance Sunday service on 12th November, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will watch the ceremony from a balcony.  They won't take part in the actual service.  For the first time, the Queen's wreath will be placed by the Prince of Wales on her behalf.

(Richard Palmer quoting Buckingham Palace on Twitter)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2827 on: October 11, 2017, 06:59:40 PM »

I think this is an appropriate winding down. Frankly the weather often seems to be a challenge at that time of the year, and the Queen and Philip  are now both nonegenarians for whom a long outdoors exposure in chilly or wet weather cannot be a good thing.
Phina

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #2828 on: October 11, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »

I think this is an appropriate winding down. Frankly the weather often seems to be a challenge at that time of the year, and the Queen and Philip  are now both nonegenarians for whom a long outdoors exposure in chilly or wet weather cannot be a good thing.

I totally agree.  And since Philip previously took ill following the cold and wet Jubilee flotilla, this is definitely a good move.
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2829 on: October 11, 2017, 09:54:14 PM »

This must have been a difficult decision to make considering how Remembrance Day is sacrosanct to the royal family (with good reason).
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2830 on: October 11, 2017, 10:33:19 PM »

At this year's Remembrance Sunday service on 12th November, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will watch the ceremony from a balcony.  They won't take part in the actual service.  For the first time, the Queen's wreath will be placed by the Prince of Wales on her behalf.

I often wonder how well she actually is at her age. Also I think she realizes that a gradual changing of the guard so to speak will ease Prince Charles transition. After all, he's been Prince of Wales for decades and it will take people a while to get used to seeing him in a new role. So little by little he's being eased into the job and the public's perception of him. 
Taffy

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Zowie Caveee

Ignore
« Reply #2831 on: October 12, 2017, 12:24:36 AM »

I often wonder how well she actually is at her age. Also I think she realizes that a gradual changing of the guard so to speak will ease Prince Charles transition. After all, he's been Prince of Wales for decades and it will take people a while to get used to seeing him in a new role. So little by little he's being eased into the job and the public's perception of him. 

I think this is a fairly significant move this being a duty the Queen wouldn't give up lightly.  the wreath she lays is not hers but laid on behalf of the nation.

I believe her health is fairly good but I think its standing and moving that cause her difficulties, which is to be expected at her age.  she's had knee problems in the past.  More and more its going to be rare to see her attending to business outside palace walls   

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected . 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fu*king what?"
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2832 on: October 12, 2017, 03:32:02 AM »

Doesnt this all jive with the recent blind item?

rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2833 on: October 12, 2017, 03:43:20 AM »

The Queen no longer goes up the narrow steps at St George's during the Garter ceremony and hasn't for some time. At the Cenotaph she has to stand in the cold, carry a quite heavy wreath, go up several steps, bend down, lay the wreath, and then back down the steps without turning.

If at 91 Elizabeth feels she'd be a bit tottery at performing any of that then she would decide she would delegate to Charles, and that, I feel, is what she's done. Who knows too, if Philip insisted that if she went through the ceremony he would stand beside her. He is 96 next birthday but has a will of iron, as we know. Maybe the Queen just felt, that all things considered, it would be better for both of them to just watch this.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2834 on: October 13, 2017, 04:22:49 PM »

Queen’s former private secretary Sir Christopher Geidt honoured again

October 13 2017, 12:01am,
The Times

It has been all of a week since Sir Christopher Geidt, the Queen’s private secretary who was forced out in July, was last honoured for his service to the sovereign. Now No 10 has announced that he is to be made a life peer.

His elevation, which is in keeping with tradition, comes after the Queen appointed him Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order. He was already a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order and a Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath.

Story here   (There is a paywall.)

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: