Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 311   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1010220 times)
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #3465 on: February 23, 2019, 01:12:11 AM »

Nope. I don't think anything will save it considering it's generations of mismanagement at this point started by HM refusing to be the head of the family as well and passing the buck with everything from parenting to the state of the palaces.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Paulina

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3466 on: February 23, 2019, 04:41:53 AM »

oh Caroline and Ellie.

Yes, I don’t think she cares. No one is rushing in to set her straight. Or the boys and there are clearly no consequences. I don’t think sparkles or those boys have been held to account much at all in their lives. All three spoiled and arrogant.

Maybe they can’t cut off her funds because she’s not using their funds. She’s using hers from merching. And she’s pushed and pushed and there has been no pushback. So she carries on. Queen doesn’t care at all. So what does it take for the people of Britain to decide they don’t want to be played anymore and the centuries-old long con is up?
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3467 on: February 23, 2019, 10:38:11 AM »

February 22

Her Majesty The Queen, today marked the centenary of the granting by King George V of the prefix ‘Royal’ to The Royal Army Chaplains’ Department at The Guards’ Chapel, in London.

The Queen joined The Reverend Stephen Dunwoody & current and former chaplains to recognise the sacrifice made, and service given, by Army Chaplains in conflicts past and present in the service at The Guard’s Chapel.

“Today is an opportunity to reflect upon the service & dedication of Army Chaplains who have gone before, rising to the challenges of conflicts across the world, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in support of others.” - The Queen said in a foreword in the programme.

“It is also right that we reflect on those Chaplains who have simply been there to walk alongside soldiers and their families in everyday life,” The Queen.

Following the service, Her Majesty viewed three paintings, commissioned to commemorate the 100th anniversary, by artist Harry Parker.
Her Majesty met Harry, who served with the Rifles in Iraq and Afghanistan and who lost both his legs in active duty in 2009.

The Queen heard first hand from soldiers who have benefited from the support and care of chaplains in barracks or on operations and also spoke with current Padres and former Chaplains-Generals. Finally, Her Majesty signed the visitor’s book.

evilgrapefruit

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3468 on: February 23, 2019, 12:28:13 PM »

Maybe they can’t cut off her funds because she’s not using their funds. She’s using hers from merching. And she’s pushed and pushed and there has been no pushback. So she carries on. Queen doesn’t care at all. So what does it take for the people of Britain to decide they don’t want to be played anymore and the centuries-old long con is up?

I would like the long con to be up but I don't think it will happen very quickly. I think people just don't care enough to change it or don't see a way that it could easily be changed. And we did abolish them 400 years ago, chop the heads off, lived in a Republic, ended up with someone who wasnt any better and so we invited the royals back.

You only need 100,000 signatures on a petition to get it debated in Parliament and the most signatures I could see on one about abolishing the monarchy was under 2,000, so I don't think there is enough underlying resentment.

In contrast the poll to name a ship "Boaty McBoatface" had 124,000, so you can see where our priorities rest!
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3469 on: February 23, 2019, 12:40:53 PM »

oh Caroline and Ellie.

Yes, I don’t think she cares. No one is rushing in to set her straight. Or the boys and there are clearly no consequences. I don’t think sparkles or those boys have been held to account much at all in their lives. All three spoiled and arrogant.

The reality is that she is the equivalent of Princess Margaret's husband - a nobody who married a royal - except PM was the daughter of a King and sister of a Queen and Harry is just a grandson . . . he will one day - presumably - be in the same place - a "second" of his father and once Charles is gone just another on the royal pension. He is "dim" for sure
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3470 on: February 23, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »

I agree with you guys it seems like The Queen just only cares about her image and her legacy now.
gameofdrones

Baby Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #3471 on: February 23, 2019, 05:18:49 PM »

I would like the long con to be up but I don't think it will happen very quickly. I think people just don't care enough to change it or don't see a way that it could easily be changed. And we did abolish them 400 years ago, chop the heads off, lived in a Republic, ended up with someone who wasnt any better and so we invited the royals back.

You only need 100,000 signatures on a petition to get it debated in Parliament and the most signatures I could see on one about abolishing the monarchy was under 2,000, so I don't think there is enough underlying resentment.

In contrast the poll to name a ship "Boaty McBoatface" had 124,000, so you can see where our priorities rest!

There is a #megxit petition doing rounds on the twitter demanding MM to be stripped of her title.
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3472 on: February 23, 2019, 07:02:44 PM »

There is a #megxit petition doing rounds on the twitter demanding MM to be stripped of her title.

MM is Mette-Marit here.  Wink
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3473 on: February 23, 2019, 07:38:51 PM »

Ha, ha! I remember that poll. Well, I doubt Brits will abolish their monarchy, but they might prefer not to financially support them to the level they do now.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3474 on: February 23, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »

Queenie's outfit is gorgeous. I really like the textures of her clothing. I like the textures of Kate's too. She looks dazzling as usual. Kate is smart to not be too fashion forward.
Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3475 on: February 23, 2019, 08:02:13 PM »

I know there is always a lady-in-waiting with QE, but  having 4 children,2 D-I-L and 1 S-I-L,several grandchildren and their spouses,why is she more and more often alone? A few days ago, GD Charlotte of Lux was remembered and her son, grandson and gd-in-law were there : some absences were noticed. Today's event honoured a King of England and nobody was available to accompany HM?
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3476 on: February 23, 2019, 08:48:37 PM »

Ha, ha! I remember that poll. Well, I doubt Brits will abolish their monarchy, but they might prefer not to financially support them to the level they do now.
How would the public do that by not supporting them financially?
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3477 on: February 23, 2019, 10:59:20 PM »

No idea. Tighten the purse strings so ours only monarch, heir, next heir? That’s it?
07ladybug

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3478 on: February 24, 2019, 01:43:28 AM »

Queen Elizabeth 2 won't do anything for fear of being labeled a racist. She will wait until the people get really really angry with Megs before she will act.  Wants the cover of the people.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3479 on: February 24, 2019, 01:57:34 AM »

That makes sense and is probably wise. If she continues to have her head down all the way, that, too will be a part of her legacy. Not reining in Meghantoinette soon enough.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 311   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: