Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 767212 times)
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3630 on: July 11, 2019, 05:06:41 PM »

I always thought Edward was a male version of his mother QEII but as he ages, he's REALLY looking like his maternal grandfather George VI..in this photo, particularly so.

I think QE II looks like her father, who looked just like his mother, Queen Mary. So you were correct both times!

We say here that the Windsor genes are strong, but maybe itís the Teck genes?

It's definitely the Teck genes. Just look at George V and the other Hanover and Coburg (not Windsor  Tongue) royals before. While there still is some of the old genes at work there you can see the difference after Mary.

You could almost say Queen Mary is like the Queen Emma of the UK, although not as extreme. All those Dutch royals take after her in looks.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3631 on: July 12, 2019, 03:54:48 AM »

I always thought Edward was a male version of his mother QEII but as he ages, he's REALLY looking like his maternal grandfather George VI..in this photo, particularly so.

I think QE II looks like her father, who looked just like his mother, Queen Mary. So you were correct both times!

We say here that the Windsor genes are strong, but maybe itís the Teck genes?

Would you say that Queen Mary looked a lot like her father, Prince Francis of Teck?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3632 on: July 12, 2019, 10:14:20 AM »

I find it interesting that the Duchess of Gloucester was there to assist the Queen - and got no mention at all.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: