Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 298   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 943536 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4410 on: March 25, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »

I feel like the fact that we haven’t seen QE or Charles suggest they’re taking it far more seriously for whatever reason than Boris Johnson. As in those two parts of the family are in complete lockdown. Hopefully not ill because surely QE and Phillip would be in real danger..

Could QE do some sort of online/taped speech with the help of her staff, it would be good, I think, I can just also see how that might be difficult to make happen. Charles could also do one or post something somewhere but I would think QE comes first but he might be ill.. it would be odd if Anne or Edward did something and William has already done something.. I suspect they have been caught on the wrong foot and have also been held back because of the changing strategies of the government.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #4411 on: March 25, 2020, 11:00:56 AM »

I have read in varying places that she will give a message when the government instructs her to do so.

It sounds like a delicate tight-rope to walk. I criticize her for being an ostrich but I understand why she can't do anything until the government approves of giving a recorded video message.

I hope you're doing okay Maria and staying safe!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4412 on: March 25, 2020, 11:13:04 AM »

The BRF is big and it's not just for the Queen to do something. I'll admit, the BRF social media accounts have been good, highlighting the work of the St Johns Ambulance, for example, and retweeting government and charity announcements. I really liked what Sophie did, and LOVE what Belgium is doing. I know the BRF have a tighter political line to walk, but a little more sharing of video conferences, messages about what key patronages are doing and yes, even the odd video, would be appreciated. The stuff in between "Queen does nothing" and "Queen does live address to the nation". A bit more positive background noise, really

#stayhomesavelives
Queen’s Tea

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4413 on: March 25, 2020, 11:45:40 AM »

The Sun is reporting Prince Charles tested positive. 
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4414 on: March 25, 2020, 11:48:34 AM »

The Sun is reporting Prince Charles tested positive. 
Shocked
Oh no! That's not good at all. I hope he'll recover and he will be fine.
Terrible news, trully.

Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #4415 on: March 25, 2020, 12:09:00 PM »

I fear for HM and Prince Philip.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4416 on: March 25, 2020, 12:13:10 PM »

They are deliberately not saying whether she’s been tested or not. I know they have access to the best care and in no way is their lives more important than any other life threatened but wow, just imagine if Charles and/or QE and Phillip pass away. Poor William must be quite stressed out and he can’t even visit.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4417 on: March 25, 2020, 12:24:32 PM »

Yes, there are many old monarchs and former monarchs and spouses around. I would be a nightmare if someone died from whatever reason, what to do about a state funeral? How would that be arranged  now. WOuld be very strange if a head of state had a funeral with maksimum 2 guests except for the closes family..
Nappyolean

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4418 on: March 25, 2020, 01:40:38 PM »

They were all in such close proximity at The Commonwealth Service. I supposed the Cambridge’s would have gone to Amner anyway, but I would guess William and Kate may be self isolating as much as they can from the children.
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4419 on: March 25, 2020, 02:09:59 PM »

Yes, there are many old monarchs and former monarchs and spouses around. I would be a nightmare if someone died from whatever reason, what to do about a state funeral? How would that be arranged  now. WOuld be very strange if a head of state had a funeral with maksimum 2 guests except for the closes family..
Here, the dead are being cremated, burials with just 10 or 15 people  , no hugs, no kisses. Nothing. The same would apply to everybody, I guess. Burial and a state funeral when the time allows.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4420 on: March 26, 2020, 01:48:38 PM »

The queen had a phonecall with Boris Johnson yesterday. That desk needs a French polish...

#stayhomesavelives
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4421 on: March 26, 2020, 02:17:48 PM »

Here, the dead are being cremated, burials with just 10 or 15 people  , no hugs, no kisses. Nothing. The same would apply to everybody, I guess. Burial and a state funeral when the time allows.

Suspect it would be small occasion and then huge formal memorial service at later date
Nappyolean

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4422 on: March 26, 2020, 03:11:15 PM »

I like that her desk is a little beat up. I also wonder if she dresses monochromatic all the time or she dolled herself up for the photo.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4423 on: March 26, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »

Looks as if they added a top to an original desk. Hilarious to see HM with such an old phone that isn't even facing her.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4424 on: March 26, 2020, 06:08:22 PM »

She looks well and thats the best part!
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 298   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: