Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 943545 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4425 on: March 26, 2020, 10:02:37 PM »

Maybe the phone is turned away so it doesn't reveal the phone number.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4426 on: March 27, 2020, 07:24:33 PM »

Looks as if they added a top to an original desk. Hilarious to see HM with such an old phone that isn't even facing her.
Iím actually wishing I had a landline right now because the Internet and cell  service is starting to get super spotty in lots of parts of the US.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4427 on: March 27, 2020, 10:37:58 PM »

Sweetie, how old are you?
That phone isn't about to reveal any number whatsoever.
If it actually has a dial function, it looks like it is of the old rotary dial switch number.
However, I could well imagine that it is a House-call-model,, the call was made and connected by the information desk/room (switch board) at BuckHouse and transferred to the Queen, once BJ was holding the line.

Reminds me of the grandson of friends who found one of those old ones in the attic and wondered how on earth one could write a SMS with it....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4428 on: March 27, 2020, 11:03:57 PM »

we have a rotary dial phone - converted to go into a UK BT socket - it makes an enormous racket when it rings and proves a little tricky when you have to "press 1 for..." still rather fun and works when the power goes off
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4429 on: March 27, 2020, 11:10:19 PM »

I have an old rotary phone, too! The old phone number is in the middle, in a circle. True, it is great in power outages.

When kids were over, they wondered what it was and how to use it. They laughed hysterically when I told them to put their finger in the hole over the number they wanted. It took a few tries, and then I was the one laughing.

It has a very loud ring.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4430 on: March 27, 2020, 11:32:24 PM »

I can't remember where but I recall reading how the BP switchboard operators would connect the Queen to the Queen Mother with the amusing introduction:

'Your Majesty, I have Her Majesty on the line for you,'

kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4431 on: March 28, 2020, 02:50:44 AM »

Sweetie, how old are you?
That phone isn't about to reveal any number whatsoever.

You may not remember but there is a little piece of paper on them in the middle of the dial people would write their phone number on to remember it easier to give out. I believe this is what was being referred to. In the spirit of the board I'll leave the sweetie comment alone.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4432 on: March 28, 2020, 11:45:49 AM »

The queen's carriage horses are currently on furlough at Hampton Court Palace

#stayhomesavelives
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4433 on: March 28, 2020, 01:57:24 PM »

Freedom! I grew up with horses and I love seeing how happy they are running out on a beautiful day like that.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #4434 on: March 28, 2020, 02:35:19 PM »

I'm so happy for these horsies.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4435 on: March 28, 2020, 04:24:42 PM »

Oh sure, give them a few weeks furlough and then whatís their incentive to return to work?  Bunch of 4 legged takers.
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4436 on: March 28, 2020, 04:52:16 PM »

Oh sure, give them a few weeks furlough and then whatís their incentive to return to work?  Bunch of 4 legged takers.

Star
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4437 on: March 28, 2020, 06:58:29 PM »

In answer to the question, I guess I must be truly ancient because I can remember when we had rotary dial phones, the center of the dial often had the phone number printed there. And given how carefully some people dissect ever image of the BRF, someone would be sure to notice and publish the number of the queen's extension. Maybe things are different at Buck house and Windsor Castle, but I just saw the turning of the phone away from the camera as a security measure.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4438 on: March 28, 2020, 11:00:55 PM »

In answer to the question, I guess I must be truly ancient because I can remember when we had rotary dial phones, the center of the dial often had the phone number printed there. And given how carefully some people dissect ever image of the BRF, someone would be sure to notice and publish the number of the queen's extension. Maybe things are different at Buck house and Windsor Castle, but I just saw the turning of the phone away from the camera as a security measure.
You mean the phone's own number was written on the dial? (Scratching head!) that would actually be a possibility. I mean my granny had the emergency numbers there, but the Queen certainly wouldn't have 911 printed there!  Angel

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4439 on: March 28, 2020, 11:11:13 PM »

You mean the phone's own number was written on the dial? (Scratching head!) that would actually be a possibility. I mean my granny had the emergency numbers there, but the Queen certainly wouldn't have 911 printed there!  Angel

Yes.  And I was born in 1975...I grew up with these phones and yes, the number was either handwritten or typed on a little rectangular piece of paper and placed in the middle of the dial  If I knew how to post pics, I would post a pic of it.

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: