Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1026988 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4680 on: August 15, 2020, 01:59:41 AM »

I was a bit afraid for him when for so many months, we didn't see much of him - the one picture when he left hospital was not very encouraging. At his age, it's natural to become more fragile but both of them are in amazing shape. I wish them all the best. Yes, they do have access to the best healthcare but so had others and they didn't reach that age.

I think all his sisters have died (okay, he was the youngest child). Also with the Queen: Margret surely had also good ressources and died years ago (okay, she smoked, but so do other people).

Philip's last sister, Sophie, died in November 2001 - about 8 weeks before Princess Margaret died.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #4681 on: August 27, 2020, 09:01:01 PM »

While checking my Quora feed, I get to these pictures of HM I thought them really beautiful, so I'm sharing them here (probably already shared, but well...  Grin ) :

Princess Elizabeth II with Queen Mary of Teck

HM Elizabeth II while being held by her grandmother, Queen Mary of Teck.

What a regal couple portrait !

>>> More : https://www.quora.com/Can.../answer/Ruby-Jael-Clowers

Edit to add :

https://www.quora.com/Can...wer/George-Griffin-Powers
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 09:14:10 PM by LittleThunder » Logged

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4682 on: August 27, 2020, 09:26:31 PM »

Thanks for the pictures LT.

Here's a bit of the story that goes with the last picture:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/...elizabeth-learnt-11980094

December 10, 1936 started like any other; the princess attended a swimming lesson with her friends, they learnt life saving techniques and, according to close friend Lady Myra Butter, she was “really quite good.”

That explains the medal.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4683 on: September 05, 2020, 02:20:02 PM »

Drive in Movies at Sandringham:

https://www.cambridge-new...-drive-in-cinema-18883783

The Queen is set to open up one of her treasured estates for an outdoor movie night - and it's within driving distance of Cambridgeshire.

On the weekend of Friday September 25, punters will be permitted to enter the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk for a socially-distanced cinema experience.

Over the course of the weekend, visitors will be able to enjoy a series of films including 1917, Rocketman, Grease, Toy Story and more.

Tickets for a screening cost £32.50 per car, with £1 from every ticket going to the Woodland Trust/Rainforest Alliance.

The events will feature a pop-up bar with a large selection of soft drinks as well as alcoholic beverages, popcorn and snacks. An online listing for the event reads: "Enjoy your favourite movie from the comfort of your car in the wonderful setting of Sandringham Country Park.

"We have selected some great street food vendors to join us at each performance. Upgrade your ticket for just £7.50 to add a deckchair, table, popcorn and separate area to the side of your vehicle."

At least a bit of the ticket goes to charity. Good for the food vendors too, every little bit helps nowadays.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4684 on: September 16, 2020, 04:44:47 PM »

What a photo!

Prince Philip at the Women's Institute 50th anniversary garden party in 1965, from BRF twitter

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4685 on: September 16, 2020, 05:49:25 PM »

What a photo!

Prince Philip at the Women's Institute 50th anniversary garden party in 1965, from BRF twitter

Phil the rockstar!

I'm used to the orderly, stay in your lane garden party pictures.

Splendid photo.

On a slightly different topic - is there a specific name for those hats round hats so many ladies are wearing in the photo? They came after the pillbox craze.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4686 on: September 16, 2020, 06:34:41 PM »

What a photo!

Phil the rockstar!

Splendid photo.

On a slightly different topic - is there a specific name for those hats round hats so many ladies are wearing in the photo? They came after the pillbox craze.

The closest I could find was “flower caps”:

https://vintagedancer.com...50s-womens-hats-by-style/

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4687 on: September 16, 2020, 06:43:31 PM »

What a photo!

Phil the rockstar!

Splendid photo.

The closest I could find was “flower caps”:

https://vintagedancer.com...50s-womens-hats-by-style/

Thanks, AB. That's a fun and fabulous site to explore.

ETA: I did a bit of sluething - I've found them called pillbox, modified pillbox, flower hats -QEQM was partial to that version IIRC, and mushroom hats. Mushroom hats fits best I think. Quite a few variations in that picture.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:55:37 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4688 on: September 16, 2020, 07:22:27 PM »

The Queen and Prince Philip left Balmoral today, and will stay at Sandrigham for two weeks before returning to "HMS Bubble" at Windsor:

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4689 on: September 16, 2020, 07:54:09 PM »

Phil looks pretty good for an almost centenarian.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4690 on: September 16, 2020, 08:17:36 PM »

They both look great! I love that they are going to stay at Wood Farm which is after staying at Windsor and Balmoral is equivalent to a staying in a tiny romantic cottage. 
tsarinya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4691 on: September 16, 2020, 08:30:53 PM »

Not sure which is the best thread for this but I’ve read that Barbados is going to remove The Queen as head of state and declare a republic by 2021.
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4692 on: September 16, 2020, 08:32:34 PM »

Indeed they are:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/new...ld-latin-america-54174794

Barbados has announced its intention to remove Queen Elizabeth as its head of state and become a republic.

"The time has come to fully leave our colonial past behind," the Caribbean island nation's government said.

It aims to complete the process in time for the 55th anniversary of independence from Britain, in November 2021.

A speech written by Prime Minister Mia Mottley said Barbadians wanted a Barbadian head of state.

"This is the ultimate statement of confidence in who we are and what we are capable of achieving," the speech read.

Buckingham Palace said that it was a matter for the government and people of Barbados.

A source at Buckingham Palace said that the idea "was not out of the blue" and "has been mooted and publicly talked about many times", BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond said.

I hope the reference to "colonial past" hasn't stemmed from comments made by some people about the Commonwealth recently!
tsarinya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4693 on: September 16, 2020, 08:47:48 PM »

I hope the reference to "colonial past" hasn't stemmed from comments made by some people about the Commonwealth recently!

I think it’s the general atmosphere or movement that is happening around the world right now and has been for a year or so. I wouldn’t imagine it’s a quick decision but I can see how it’s gained a lot more favour in recent times.

I feel one The Queen dies more and more will do the same.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4694 on: September 16, 2020, 09:00:19 PM »

I think it’s the general atmosphere or movement that is happening around the world right now and has been for a year or so. I wouldn’t imagine it’s a quick decision but I can see how it’s gained a lot more favour in recent times.

I feel one The Queen dies more and more will do the same.

Probably.  IMO the Caribbean nations will lead the charge and once most (if not all) complete the independence process then will discussion seriously ramp up in the Big 3 (Australia, Canada, & New Zealand).  I know Scotland is pretty serious about becoming a properly independent nation but the talk included keeping The Queen as HOS so that's "different".  Charles's reign will probably be one of transformation...with most of the realms declaring independence but the Commonwealth of Nations remaining strong and evolving.

So will there be a referendum in 2021 or are they skipping that step?  Or did it already happen and I missed it?
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: