Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 339   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1171705 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4725 on: November 19, 2020, 11:34:11 PM »

A photo has been released to mark their 73rd wedding anniversary showing them looking at a homemade card from George, Charlotte and Louis.  But I still donít know how to post photos, so hereís a link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55007202

Great minds!

#continuity #tradition #steadycourse

Cool your jets, everyone
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4726 on: November 19, 2020, 11:36:27 PM »

http://Queen and Prince P...nniversary with new photo
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4727 on: November 19, 2020, 11:55:27 PM »

They used the worst filter ever for that shot. It's a darling concept, but the artistic execution leaves MUCH to be desired.

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4728 on: November 20, 2020, 12:23:28 AM »

They used the worst filter ever for that shot. It's a darling concept, but the artistic execution leaves MUCH to be desired.

They both look very washed out. But I do love the conceptualization and the card.

ETA: The brooch the Queen is wearing is the same one she wore in the honeymoon picture and again wore when they recreated the photo for their 60th anniversary.

http://www.thecourtjewell...chrysanthemum-brooch.html
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 12:40:13 AM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4729 on: November 20, 2020, 12:30:22 AM »

They both look very washed out. But I do love the conceptualization and the card.

The photo leaves a lot to be desired, but it gets me in the feels...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4730 on: November 20, 2020, 12:43:47 AM »

They are adorable and of course it is good to see a picture of Philip. Yes the filter seems to maybe used to reduce his skin redness and not scare us? They seem overexposed a bit. How lovely that the great grandchildren made them a card. 73 years can you imagine? I have a feeling they both have a few more years in them even him and maybe more for her.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #4731 on: November 20, 2020, 01:07:05 AM »

A photo has been released to mark their 73rd wedding anniversary showing them looking at a homemade card from George, Charlotte and Louis.  But I still donít know how to post photos, so hereís a link:

Great minds!

Itís an absolutely adorable concept, got me right in the feels. Can you imagine being married 73 years? Amazing.

GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4732 on: November 20, 2020, 02:19:35 AM »

Great minds!

Itís an absolutely adorable concept, got me right in the feels. Can you imagine being married 73 years? Amazing.

Eh. I wouldnít exactly call their relationship goals.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4733 on: November 20, 2020, 05:48:11 AM »

I love the photo but what struck me was Philip's fingers. Everyone is constantly going on about how Charles' swollen fingers mean he there is something wrong with him ... but Philip has the same fingers and has had all his life - 'sausage fingers' was how Queen Mary described them when Charles was born.

Seems hereditary to me.

I have heard criticism that it is only the card from the Cambridge's and not any of the other great-grandchildren (who I am sure also sent cards either in twos or individually) but some people just aren't satisfied or don't 'get' the way the BRF works.
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4734 on: November 20, 2020, 07:01:58 AM »

Love seeing a photo of them together. 73 years is amazing. 
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #4735 on: November 20, 2020, 04:21:48 PM »

I love the photo but what struck me was Philip's fingers. Everyone is constantly going on about how Charles' swollen fingers mean he there is something wrong with him ... but Philip has the same fingers and has had all his life - 'sausage fingers' was how Queen Mary described them when Charles was born.

Seems hereditary to me.

I have heard criticism that it is only the card from the Cambridge's and not any of the other great-grandchildren (who I am sure also sent cards either in twos or individually) but some people just aren't satisfied or don't 'get' the way the BRF works.

I know. So much drama has been spilled over the supposed spotlight of Charles-Cambridge line of succession in the past year, but welcome to hereditary monarchy, lol.

Itís not like this is Gan Gan and Poppas personal Instagram or something, guys.

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4736 on: November 20, 2020, 05:58:58 PM »

Seems hereditary to me.

I know. So much drama has been spilled over the supposed spotlight of Charles-Cambridge line of succession in the past year, but welcome to hereditary monarchy, lol.

It’s not like this is Gan Gan and Poppas personal Instagram or something, guys.

Absolutely.

I'm sure they've gotten cards from both the Phillips and Tindall grandchildren, and although you don't see it in the picture the DM said there were more cards on the table in front of the couch. They will always chose the direct line of succession for photos like this, and the family knows and understands this. I'm also sure they've thanked the all the grands with a note and probably a zoom chat.

Happy 73rd anniversary to Lillibet and her Prince! More to come I hope.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 06:04:33 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4737 on: November 20, 2020, 10:49:05 PM »

Here you go

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4738 on: November 22, 2020, 04:14:06 PM »

i loved the photo
Goodbto see Prince Philip,the Queen looks to me a little frail

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4739 on: November 23, 2020, 03:47:36 AM »

OhI know. It's very sad that an era may come to an end in the next few years.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 339   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: