Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 336   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1145926 times)
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #4755 on: December 01, 2020, 09:55:04 PM »

Yikes! Staffer stealing from Buck House.

https://people.com/royals...selling-ebay-adamo-canto/

This is not a shocking development for anyone who has household staff.

The possibility of theft is the main reason my mother refused to have household staff for her not so small house.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4756 on: December 02, 2020, 01:01:11 AM »

Yikes! Staffer stealing from Buck House.

https://people.com/royals...selling-ebay-adamo-canto/

What a dummy. Signed photos?  At least the silver candelabras might be worth something melted down.

And stealing someone’s medal is just 14 shades of wrong.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4757 on: December 02, 2020, 10:13:54 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/achterk...t-jaar-rustige-kerst.html

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip celebrate 'quiet Christmas' this year

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip spend the holidays at Windsor Castle for the first time since 1987. The royal couple will celebrate a "quiet Christmas" there, a spokesman for the British royal family reports on Twitter on Tuesday.

The decision was taken as a result of the current corona measures in England, which are comparable to those in the Netherlands.

"The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have therefore decided to have a quiet Christmas in Windsor this year."

The couple also spent time at Windsor Castle during two previous lockdowns in England. Until 1988, the British Royal Family also celebrated Christmas here. After that year, the holidays were spent at Sandringham, the family's coastal country house in Norfolk.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4758 on: December 02, 2020, 05:37:13 PM »

It makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised that they start having Windsor Christmases in the future. The Yorks, Wessexes, Eugenie already have homes nearby and the castle would accommodate those who are driving in better than Sandringham. Never understood why they always did Norfolk. 
Royaltyfan

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4759 on: December 02, 2020, 06:36:55 PM »

It makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised that they start having Windsor Christmases in the future. The Yorks, Wessexes, Eugenie already have homes nearby and the castle would accommodate those who are driving in better than Sandringham. Never understood why they always did Norfolk. 

I can't exactly remember why they switched to Sandringham in 1988, but I think 1988 was the year renovations where carried out at Windsor, the renovations which caused the big fire in 1992.
I guess that after a few years spend at Sandringham they simply liked that "new" tradition more. It happend a lot in the family during that time, maybe they prefered to stick with NEW for the kids or so.

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart, I am never without it... - E.E. Cummings
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4760 on: December 02, 2020, 08:02:22 PM »

I've always had the impression the Queen and many of her immediate family members always use to head off to Sandringham almost straight after Christmas Day to spend the rest of the holidays at Sandringham. The time at Windsor seemed then to mainly be to allow the whole RF to gather, celebrate the day then head off to do their own things.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4761 on: December 04, 2020, 06:24:15 PM »

HM's Dorgi, Vulcan has died. Condolences to HM, very very sad to lose a pet, especially at this time of year.

She has one remaining Dorgi left - Candy.

https://www.dailymail.co....og-Vulcan-Dorgi-dies.html

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4762 on: December 05, 2020, 06:36:53 PM »

Virtual presenting of Diplomatic Credentials:

https://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com

I like the profile shot. HMTQ is looking well.

I always appreciate when we get to see a bit of the room at Windsor.

That's a nice planter of white Amaryllis at Buckingham too.  
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 07:01:33 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4763 on: December 05, 2020, 07:01:32 PM »

I always like when we get to see a bit of the room at Windsor.

It's fantastic to see her looking well!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4764 on: December 05, 2020, 08:02:37 PM »

As my moniker suggests, I'm a little more knowledgeable about Swedish royalty and issues compared to other countries. CG's motto is "Sweden- with the times" and is often referred to when discussing the modernisation of the monarchy since 1973. I think this motto so applies to the Queen. She was born in 1926, just a few decades after the telephone was invented, yet has never let age prevent her from  embracing new things.

She could never have imagined as a child that she would be able to sit in front of something called a computer and see she talk to someone potentially in another country. I really admire how HM has embraced changes and new technologies. Plus she looks amazing in these Zoom calls! She always seems to be smiling which is wonderful to see.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4765 on: December 05, 2020, 11:58:30 PM »

I always like when we get to see a bit of the room at Windsor.

It's fantastic to see her looking well!

It is so good to see her looking so good. I love this picture too - she just looks delighted with the whole set up. It's times like these that I think having a steadying presence like the royal family and HM specifically seems so reassuring. I'm excited to hear her Christmas speech this year.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4766 on: December 06, 2020, 11:33:22 PM »

I do like the planter of white Amaryllis. Sometimes red Amaryllis is used at Christmas.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4767 on: December 07, 2020, 01:46:47 PM »

Amaryllis are wonderful seasonal flowers: red is a very popular Christmas- colour, but in my house we have Amaryllis of every available colour: white is my favourite, but soft pinks and even lovely peaches are so pretty too.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4768 on: December 07, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »

What al lovely picture! I'm reading right now Angela Kelly's book about the background work needed before the queen presents herself impeccably dressed and put together before the cameras and/or the public - I appreciate the effort she has made over so many decades to look always, as we say in German, "aus dem Ei gepellt", fresh from the egg shell.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4769 on: December 07, 2020, 03:37:18 PM »

Amaryllis are wonderful seasonal flowers: red is a very popular Christmas- colour, but in my house we have Amaryllis of every available colour: white is my favourite, but soft pinks and even lovely peaches are so pretty too.

Fairy!  Star for a fellow Amaryllis lover/collector!

18 pots and counting . . . from pristine white to various shades of pink, salmon, peach, orange on down to deep deep red, along with starred, swirled, picoteed and doubled varieties.

I think Fantasy is my favorite thus far - the flowers vary even in each bud.

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 336   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: