Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 336   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1146316 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #4875 on: February 23, 2021, 02:05:51 AM »

Maybe Charles and Philip talked about how Harry is definitely out and coupled with his father's clear rate of decline he got hit in the feels just as photographers snapped him leaving. That is where I am landing. Philip will not have long for this world but I don't think the funeral will be in the next couple of weeks. I am sure however that the funeral has been planned for several years now and gets updated as events warrant.
100 per cent agree with this. Charles is one of the more visibly emotional members of the RF. Combination of worry about an ailing parent and worry about a child....

Having a son reveal himself to be a traitor would have any man in tears.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4876 on: February 23, 2021, 09:52:10 AM »

ENOUGH about Harry. He’s O/T.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4877 on: February 23, 2021, 11:50:41 AM »

On the other hand, end of life care does allow for family tó visit… and considering that Philipp is 99 and differently to most other people could be cared for and treated by medical staff including physicians! at home in one of his palaces very very well, to still have him at the hospital were he is more likely to catch a bug to finish him off, shows to me that he not there for merely precautions.
At that time basically everything is end of life care, it afterall is the end of Philipp's life. He just doesn't have that many more years or months left...
I have seen so many patients at that age feeling good only to take a turn to the worst within minutes or hours.
It seems unreal to lose him, but if I was Charles (or his siblings) I would start to treat everyday as a possible last one.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4878 on: February 23, 2021, 12:46:42 PM »

He has been very long in hospital during a pandemic for him to be alright IMO. I would think there’s plenty of possibilities for treatment at home (at whatever home suits them best in that situation), yet he’s still in need of something else/more. It feels morbid but he is 99.. he has had a good, long life. It’s life which means it will end eventually.
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4879 on: February 23, 2021, 01:08:24 PM »

I ignore if relatives are allowed to visit patients like the DofE. If they carry no risk, at least one relative should be allowed to visit and comfort.
My elderly dependent  mother was admitted into hospital a few days ago in an extremely grave condition; the rules where I live are exceedingly strict but, having tested negative,  we were (partly)  relieved because  one of us can stay at her bedside.
Thirty minutes together means a lot for both the patient and the relative.Even if the patient is under sedation. A few words of love ,holding a hand, softly stroking a forehead or one's presence being sensed. A lot.
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4880 on: February 23, 2021, 03:35:43 PM »

Does anyone think the queen will visit him? Could that even be done in utter secrecy?
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4881 on: February 23, 2021, 04:14:37 PM »

He's going to be staying  in hospital for several more days https://www.hellomagazine...ect)&utm_medium=(none). It's never a good sign to be in hospital for 2 weeks at his age. Especially when you consider that the palaces have medical facilities if needed. Remember George VI's lung was removed at Buckingham Palace. Also, the hospitals are so full, I imagine they need the room.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4882 on: February 23, 2021, 04:16:12 PM »

Infections at this age so serious  No
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4883 on: February 23, 2021, 07:24:42 PM »

He's going to be staying  in hospital for several more days https://www.hellomagazine...ect)&utm_medium=(none). It's never a good sign to be in hospital for 2 weeks at his age. Especially when you consider that the palaces have medical facilities if needed. Remember George VI's lung was removed at Buckingham Palace. Also, the hospitals are so full, I imagine they need the room.

Here's an article from the AP which includes a bit about HM:

https://apnews.com/articl...86505339b02c5a0267ee1d9c1

LONDON (AP) — Prince Philip is “comfortable” in a London hospital where he is being treated for an infection, Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

The palace said Philip, the 99-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II, is “comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave hospital for several days.”

He was admitted to the private King Edward VII’s Hospital a week ago after feeling ill. The illness was not related to the coronavirus and royal officials called it a precautionary measure.

Philip’s youngest son, Prince Edward, told Sky News that his father was “a lot better.”

Edward said “he’s looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing, so we keep our fingers crossed.”

The queen performed her first face-to-face event of the year on Thursday, when she knighted a royal aide during a private, socially distanced ceremony at Windsor.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4884 on: February 23, 2021, 07:41:45 PM »

The news re Philip sounds positive to me. Of course a 99 year old in hospital always come with a degree of worry but it sounds like they have found out what is wrong with him and are treating it. He has had infections before and bounced back so fingers crossed. Certainly sounds like there is a specific reason he is in hospital rather than just general health.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4885 on: February 23, 2021, 10:07:24 PM »

I hope that it does not sound soppy: If the Queen and Philipp die one day it will mark an end of an era. Plus they still live by values and standards which have been partly lost to society. Especially Philipp, born in 1921 lived through eras most people just know from a history book. It is like they represent an era that is long gone.

It is the first time that you perceive Philipp as mortal and vulnerable. So far Philipp never seemed to age, they did their job without complaining and absolutely reliable and it was implicite that they would be there. Now you realize that the dawn has arrived - in a time full of turmoil and you just wish that they are able to stay around for another while because most of the people have never had another Queen and it provides some stability and guidance to them. 

If you read e.g. the Daily Mirror comments, many people fear to loose him right now, because they now realize that they are way more emotionally attached to him and the Queen than they realized before.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4886 on: February 23, 2021, 10:55:30 PM »

King Edward VII is a private hospital and they aren't dealing as much with things like covid as they aren't an NHS hospital.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4887 on: February 24, 2021, 09:49:28 AM »

I think the whole issue with Charles visiting could be used to (admit) that the rules are too strict and that people simply need visitors and change the rules a bit.

It doesn't need to be ten visitors a day, make it one for an hour. If you're concerned about Covid let them make a test before entering.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:58:52 AM by Kristallinchen » Logged
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4888 on: February 24, 2021, 12:18:32 PM »

I think the whole issue with Charles visiting could be used to (admit) that the rules are too strict and that people simply need visitors and change the rules a bit.

It doesn't need to be ten visitors a day, make it one for an hour. If you're concerned about Covid let them make a test before entering.
Exactly , K. Human mercy and  utmost precaution.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4889 on: February 24, 2021, 01:33:03 PM »

The news re Philip sounds positive to me. Of course a 99 year old in hospital always come with a degree of worry but it sounds like they have found out what is wrong with him and are treating it. He has had infections before and bounced back so fingers crossed. Certainly sounds like there is a specific reason he is in hospital rather than just general health.

The odd part is that they can manage an awful lot at Windsor Castle (iv infusions etc, intensive nursing ) what is that they can't do there that means he is in hospital - possibly a lot of monitoring etc
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 336   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: