Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 340   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1175319 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5010 on: March 16, 2021, 12:05:53 PM »

Super glad he left the hospital!! He looks a bit frail in the pictures, hopefully being at home will bring him up  Jumping

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
llcd

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #5011 on: March 16, 2021, 12:32:50 PM »

Happpy News!!! I hope he's ok  Jumping Jumping Jumping
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5012 on: March 16, 2021, 12:45:08 PM »

That is good news ... Great. A lot of people were worried about him. I really hope that he lives to see his 100th birthday.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5013 on: March 16, 2021, 12:53:52 PM »

good news!!!
Thank God!

esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5014 on: March 16, 2021, 01:15:36 PM »

He looked very frail and confused (?) and unfocused.
He was taken to the car via wheelchair.  But after a month in hospital, he would be weak and he probably does not still feel  great.
Being back in a familiar environment will help him , hopefully, get back to baseline.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #5015 on: March 16, 2021, 01:50:06 PM »

I’m happy to see this. It will improve his mental health so much. Long hospital stays are so hard.

Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #5016 on: March 16, 2021, 01:54:35 PM »

So relieved to see him go home.  He does look a bit startled and angry, most likely because of the press attention.  I can’t imagine being hounded by the media for a few photos of a frail-looking old man who can’t even leave the hospital with peace and dignity.  Happy he’s going home to relax and recuperate as best he can, enjoy he time with his wife.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5017 on: March 16, 2021, 02:08:20 PM »

Perhaps the wheelchair was so he didn't exert himself (or his heart) by walking? I seem to recall the last time he left hospital he looked quite frail and so many of us worried.

I can totally see him angry at the press attention, I rather imagine he is of the opinion that there are far more important and newsworthy events/topics the press could attend to rather than him leaving hospital. That no-fuss, no-nonsenss approach of he and his daughter are particularly admirable traits of royals who are nearly always put on pedestals nd fussed over simply because of who they are.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5018 on: March 16, 2021, 02:29:39 PM »

Thank the Lord! 

I am so relieved that Phil has been released...may he take time to rest and recover properly.

I would be annoyed too if I had just been set for home after a month in hospital, a heart surgery and an infection, only to walk outside and see the damn press taking my picture. 

Can't a 99 year old get a break?

Gemsheal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5019 on: March 16, 2021, 02:36:58 PM »

Thank the Lord! 

I am so relieved that Phil has been released...may he take time to rest and recover properly.

I would be annoyed too if I had just been set for home after a month in hospital, a heart surgery and an infection, only to walk outside and see the damn press taking my picture. 

I get it, but I'm also glad to see a pic  Blush

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5020 on: March 16, 2021, 03:09:39 PM »

I think photos in this case were completely unnecessary and inappropriate. The man is 99 years old and is recovering from a 4 week hospital stay, plus infection and surgery. I think they should have let him leave with dignity, and then perhaps release a photo in a couple days of Philip at home, smiling at the camera and pleased to be home.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5021 on: March 16, 2021, 03:25:17 PM »

Buckingham Palace: “The Duke of Edinburgh has today been discharged from King Edward VII’s Hospital and has returned to Windsor Castle, following treatment for an infection and a successful procedure for a pre-existing condition.”

“His Royal Highness wishes to thank all the medical staff who looked after him at both King Edward VII’s Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital, and everyone who has sent their good wishes.”

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Gemsheal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5022 on: March 16, 2021, 04:53:15 PM »

I think photos in this case were completely unnecessary and inappropriate. The man is 99 years old and is recovering from a 4 week hospital stay, plus infection and surgery. I think they should have let him leave with dignity, and then perhaps release a photo in a couple days of Philip at home, smiling at the camera and pleased to be home.

The trouble is, this is a great idea, but you might get it only from the Swedish or Danish RF, never from the British.  Gosh, think how many people would LOVE to see a photo of the Queen & Duke relaxing together in a week or so, but if it happens -?   I would be astonished.

Intellectually I know that a bunch of tabloid photographers running after Philip's car and snapping photos of a frail old man is terrible, but since he'll go under wraps for another 3 months (we'll get a formal photo for his birthday), it's only to be expected.     

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #5023 on: March 16, 2021, 05:57:41 PM »

Thank the Lord! 

ITA with it all, and no doubt Phil uttered some choice words about all the hullabaloo over his leaving the hospital.

While I am sure we won't get actual pictures - I am conjuring up visions of him sitting outside on sunny days, walking about when he wants to etc.

I hope he gets to see Eugenie's little August.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
loveofenglishtradition

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5024 on: March 16, 2021, 06:06:34 PM »

I was thinking about writing exactly what you just wrote. Totally agree! But, that is the British press! I cannot remember seeing such pictures of any other European royals in that situation.
King Harald of Norway is obviously very ill, but there are fortunately no pictures of him being brought to hospital or being released.

It is not ethical. I feel sorry for the Queen and her family and for poor old Philip also. He might not have much time left, and I hope he can spend the rest of his life peacefully at Windsor, without being molested by those greedy photographers.

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 340   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: