Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 340   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1175311 times)
Emac0914

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5025 on: March 16, 2021, 06:09:44 PM »

Thank the Lord! 

I am so relieved that Phil has been released...may he take time to rest and recover properly.

I would be annoyed too if I had just been set for home after a month in hospital, a heart surgery and an infection, only to walk outside and see the damn press taking my picture. 

Like your thoughts, Lady Liebe - exactly what I would hope for the man.

Can't a 99 year old get a break?

ITA with it all, and no doubt Phil uttered some choice words about all the hullabaloo over his leaving the hospital.

While I am sure we won't get actual pictures - I am conjuring up visions of him sitting outside on sunny days, walking about when he wants to etc.

I hope he gets to see Eugenie's little August.

anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5026 on: March 16, 2021, 06:23:58 PM »

The trouble is, this is a great idea, but you might get it only from the Swedish or Danish RF, never from the British.  Gosh, think how many people would LOVE to see a photo of the Queen & Duke relaxing together in a week or so, but if it happens -?   I would be astonished.

Intellectually I know that a bunch of tabloid photographers running after Philip's car and snapping photos of a frail old man is terrible, but since he'll go under wraps for another 3 months (we'll get a formal photo for his birthday), it's only to be expected.                

I guess he is also considered retired, and perhaps a photo at home would classify as work to them. Either way, I hope he gets some rest and doesn't have to worry about photographers snapping moments of him in vulnerable moments.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #5027 on: March 16, 2021, 06:24:25 PM »

QM and the DofE have quite a bit to talk about.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5028 on: March 17, 2021, 02:41:35 PM »

Great to hear the Duke is back beside his wife the Queen.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #5029 on: March 17, 2021, 02:54:17 PM »

He looks bad IMO. Good to know hes well enough to be treated at home though.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5030 on: March 17, 2021, 03:07:02 PM »

I agree Maria.  The worst I have ever seen him.  Maybe once he is settled at Windsor he will perk up.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #5031 on: April 16, 2021, 09:19:27 PM »

SV Volcano: Queen Sends Message of Support

https://www.thestkittsnev...sistance-resident-exodus/

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, in her first public statement since the death of her husband Prince Philip,  has sent a message of support to the people of St Vincent and the Grenadines following a series of eruptions of the Caribbean nations La Soufriere volcano.

The head of state, who is mourning the loss of her husband the Duke of Edinburgh, said: I have been saddened by the destruction and major disruption caused by volcanic eruptions in recent days, and my thoughts are with the many people and families who have been evacuated from their homes, and whose livelihoods have been affected.

I send my thanks to the emergency services and all those involved in the relief effor.

My prayers will remain with the people of St Vincent and the Grenadines at this very difficult time.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5032 on: April 16, 2021, 10:08:09 PM »

Sad to see her open with just I, when it's been "The Duke of Edinburgh and I..." for so long.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5033 on: April 18, 2021, 03:00:47 PM »

I watched a series of shows about Windsor all afternoon, it was really good and informative.  Did I hear somewhere the Queen has decided to stay at Windsor instead of moving back to Buck House?  I don't seem to find a reference on google so I'm wondering if I misunderstood.

I hope she does, the shows emphasized how much she loves Windsor.  She grew up there so there are fond memories at every step.  I hate the thought of her in those huge palace rooms rambling around  all alone, it makes me sad.  

I've never seen her look so frail and vulnerable, she looked so diminished and fragile, it just breaks your heart.  I despise pedoandy, but he lives near, they are close and if he gives her comfort, there is no begrudging her that.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5034 on: April 18, 2021, 05:40:16 PM »

I watched a series of shows about Windsor all afternoon, it was really good and informative.  Did I hear somewhere the Queen has decided to stay at Windsor instead of moving back to Buck House?  I don't seem to find a reference on google so I'm wondering if I misunderstood.

I hope she does, the shows emphasized how much she loves Windsor.  She grew up there so there are fond memories at every step.  I hate the thought of her in those huge palace rooms rambling around  all alone, it makes me sad.  

I've never seen her look so frail and vulnerable, she looked so diminished and fragile, it just breaks your heart.  I despise pedoandy, but he lives near, they are close and if he gives her comfort, there is no begrudging her that.

Yes, Ive never seen her steps so halting. She must be absolutely exhausted.
RainbowUnicorn68

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #5035 on: April 18, 2021, 06:31:08 PM »

I hope she does, the shows emphasized how much she loves Windsor.  She grew up there so there are fond memories at every step.  I hate the thought of her in those huge palace rooms rambling around  all alone, it makes me sad.  

Yes, Ive never seen her steps so halting. She must be absolutely exhausted.

I have never seen the Queen walk quite so haltingly before either. She looked as if she has lost some weight as well. I am sure they will look after her, but it was terrible to see her like that.
Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #5036 on: April 18, 2021, 06:41:41 PM »

I think it would be a smart move all the way around for her to stay at Windsor.  She can walk and ride if she wants and its a more relaxed atmosphere for her to grieve and move on.  Shes got so many good memories there, children and grandchildren close by that theyd be able to spend time with her more so shes alone less and let the main bureaucracy of the monarchy run out of Buckingham Palace.  This is the electronic age and shes pretty savvy with using it so she can do all sorts of things from where she wants.  Let Charles and Camilla, William and Kate do more of the London functions, Wessexes as backups.

She did look slower and more fragile yesterday but I think grief will do that to you.  Shes had months to come to grips with her husbands failing health and Im sure its taken its toll on her physically and emotionally.  Shes had such great health that I want to hope she will still have more years of happiness doing her duty as well as the things she loves best.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5037 on: April 18, 2021, 07:16:30 PM »

Philip did such an amazing job with his funeral.  The attention to detail, the musical selections...  the symbolism...

I bet they already worked out her funeral too.  I mean, I know the palace and government have been rehearsing and all, but I bet the two of them already worked out all the little details and choices.  I mean, they were a team in every way.
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5038 on: April 18, 2021, 07:26:09 PM »

I heard about 2 years ago, not sure if it was some official message or just speculation, that she needed to move out of BP so a lot of renovations and necessary updates could be done but she didn't want to do it because Philip's health was so fragile and that was their home. She was afraid if they moved out for the renovations he would never be able to come back home to BP. BP was never intended to be a residence. It doesn't even have en-suite bathrooms. I'm no princess but even I insist on that in my own home!
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #5039 on: April 18, 2021, 07:33:06 PM »

I had forgotten about the renovations going on at Buck House. Much better for her to stay at Windsor until the dust settles.

I hope things resolve enough so that the family can spend a lot of time with her at Balmoral this summer.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 340   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: