Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1275899 times)
Aubiette

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5310 on: September 08, 2021, 03:50:29 PM »

The royal family will pay personal tributes to the Duke of Edinburgh in a @BBCOne programme later this month, Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers, featuring all of the Queen and the Duke’s children, their adult grandchildren and other members of the royal family

https://twitter.com/royan.../1435600831877951491?s=21
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5311 on: September 08, 2021, 03:52:04 PM »

The royal family will pay personal tributes to the Duke of Edinburgh in a @BBCOne programme later this month, Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers, featuring all of the Queen and the Duke’s children, their adult grandchildren and other members of the royal family

This will be interesting 😂
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5312 on: September 08, 2021, 04:13:48 PM »

I can't wait to see what they all share about him! I hope Louise is considered an adult grandchild because she had such a lovely bond with her grandfather and shared interests with him.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #5313 on: September 08, 2021, 06:20:27 PM »

What a great idea and I can't wait to see the program!   

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5314 on: September 08, 2021, 08:12:21 PM »

More info
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5315 on: September 08, 2021, 08:52:23 PM »

I can't wait to watch this!!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5316 on: September 09, 2021, 06:00:02 AM »

Oh, my, this will be something special  Champagne
Bunnyette

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5317 on: September 09, 2021, 06:10:45 PM »

I can't wait to see what they all share about him! I hope Louise is considered an adult grandchild because she had such a lovely bond with her grandfather and shared interests with him.

Me too, especially as it appears they were very close.  I’d prefer Louise over certain other grandchildren.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5318 on: September 17, 2021, 03:37:22 PM »

Prince Philip's will sealed for 90 years.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/...-scli-gbr-intl/index.html

Hmmmmm what could be in there that's so scandalous? I mean, I know that this is pretty standard, but still. I wonder if.... naahh.

Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5319 on: September 17, 2021, 04:27:58 PM »

Margaret's will was included in the "list" of royal, sealed wills, as was the queen mother's but we know the basics.  Queen mum left everything to the queen to avoid tax but had established trusts over the years for grandchildren and such; Margaret left everything to her children, who had that big sale to pay taxes.  Diana's will was published.

I think we'll learn the gist of Philip's will without seeing the actual details.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5320 on: September 17, 2021, 05:12:27 PM »

Philip didn't come to the marriage with anything material and what his mother passed along during her lifetime in terms of jewels have already been shared. I can't imagine surprises. Mostly distribution to aides and friends. He had a lot of watercolors and paintings an inventory of those would be fascinating to see.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5321 on: September 17, 2021, 05:14:07 PM »

Margaret's will was included in the "list" of royal, sealed wills, as was the queen mother's but we know the basics.  Queen mum left everything to the queen to avoid tax but had established trusts over the years for grandchildren and such; Margaret left everything to her children, who had that big sale to pay taxes.  Diana's will was published.

I think we'll learn the gist of Philip's will without seeing the actual details.

I remember my mother talking about Death Duties and the impact they had on widows especially... many of whom didn’t work and probably had limited work skills... people lost their homes .... seems very outdated ... of course this was decades ago in Australia
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5322 on: September 17, 2021, 07:15:34 PM »

Honestly, with the financial and legal advice the royals have I doubt Philip had any significant financial assets to leave in his will. The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret both made use of the rule that anything given longer than 7 years before death does not incur inheritance tax and so at age 99 I’d be really surprised if Philip’s will lists anything cash or liquid asset wise.
More likely it sets out where things like his carriages, library full of books, personal papers etc are to go- significant personal items but not hugely high value assets.
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5323 on: September 17, 2021, 07:48:36 PM »

I remember my mother talking about Death Duties and the impact they had on widows especially... many of whom didn’t work and probably had limited work skills... people lost their homes .... seems very outdated ... of course this was decades ago in Australia
That always seemed cruel to me.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5324 on: September 17, 2021, 09:54:15 PM »

There should never be tax on money you receive from someone deceased. I think it's so wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: