Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 381   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1472919 times)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5640 on: December 22, 2021, 09:06:14 PM »

Exactly! I wonder if they've been having regular tests for a possible visit to HM and this was how it was picked up.
Interestingly it keeps being said Anne is isolating with him at Gatcombe but current rules mean she doesn't have to.

I would think they are being ultra cautious, particularly if it has been discovered that Anne was also exposed to the person with Covid but has not thus far tested positive. Besides, he's having to isolate at Christmas time, which would be horrible to have to spend alone.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5641 on: December 23, 2021, 05:09:10 PM »

Buckingham Palace has announced that a Service of Thanksgiving for the life of His Royal Highness The Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh will take place in the spring of 2022 at Westminster Abbey.

https://twitter.com/wabbe.../1474044431980498945?s=20

More…
https://www.westminster-a...rial-service-at-the-abbey
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5642 on: December 23, 2021, 08:19:05 PM »

The Queen will have Charles and Camilla for Christmas and I believe the Wessexes and York’s. The Cambridge’s will be in Norfolk with some of the Middletons. I’m sure they plan to see her though or have already. Haven’t heard anything about the Tindalls, etc.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5643 on: December 23, 2021, 09:43:30 PM »

I suspect whatever they had planned the Tindalls may now try stick closer to Gatcombe so they can at least see Anne. Interestingly she doesn’t technically need to be isolating just because Tim is positive but either way I can’t see them heading off and leaving Anne and Tim locked in house on Christmas Day. I think it would be nice if    Anne and her family all visit after the main Christmas hols to keep holiday spirit going for HM.

Nice news about service- spring should be a better time Covid wise so maybe we’ll even get some foreign royals attend.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #5644 on: December 23, 2021, 09:55:14 PM »

Haven’t heard anything about the Tindalls, etc.
That might depend on how recently they saw Anne/Tim...
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5645 on: December 25, 2021, 03:54:37 PM »

Link to watch Christmas speech live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjxdkYhY64o
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5646 on: December 25, 2021, 04:05:20 PM »

Be prepared to cry.  I certainly am.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5647 on: December 25, 2021, 04:16:03 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mUkKan5C4
Her Majesty The Queen
Although it’s a time of great happiness and good cheer for many, Christmas can be hard for those who have lost loved ones. This year, especially, I understand why.

But for me, in the months since the death of my beloved Philip, I have drawn great comfort from the warmth and affection of the many tributes to his life and work – from around the country, the Commonwealth and the world. His sense of service, intellectual curiosity and capacity to squeeze fun out of any situation – were all irrepressible. That mischievous, enquiring twinkle was as bright at the end as when I first set eyes on him.

But life, of course, consists of final partings as well as first meetings; and as much as I and my family miss him, I know he would want us to enjoy Christmas.

We felt his presence as we, like millions around the world, readied ourselves for Christmas. While Covid again means we can’t celebrate quite as we may have wished, we can still enjoy the many happy traditions. Be it the singing of carols (as long as the tune is well known); decorating the tree; giving and receiving presents; or watching a favourite film where we already know the ending, it’s no surprise that families so often treasure their Christmas routines. We see our own children and their families embrace the roles, traditions and values that mean so much to us, as these are passed from one generation to the next, sometimes being updated for changing times. I see it in my own family and it is a source of great happiness.

Prince Philip was always mindful of this sense of passing the baton.  That’s why he created The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, which offers young people throughout the Commonwealth and beyond the chance of exploration and adventure. It remains an astonishing success, grounded in his faith in the future.

He was also an early champion of taking seriously our stewardship of the environment; and I am proud beyond words that his pioneering work has been taken on and magnified by our eldest son Charles and his eldest son William - admirably supported by Camilla and Catherine - most recently at the COP climate change summit in Glasgow.

Next summer, we look forward to the Commonwealth Games. The baton is currently travelling the length and breadth of the Commonwealth, heading towards Birmingham, a beacon of hope on its journey. It will be a chance to celebrate the achievements of athletes and the coming-together of like-minded nations.

And February, just six weeks from now, will see the start of my Platinum Jubilee year, which I hope will be an opportunity for people everywhere to enjoy a sense of togetherness; a chance to give thanks for the enormous changes of the last seventy years - social, scientific and cultural - and also to look ahead with confidence.

I am sure someone somewhere today will remark that Christmas is a time for children. It’s an engaging truth, but only half the story. Perhaps it’s truer to say that Christmas can speak to the child within us all. Adults, when weighed down with worries, sometimes fail to see the joy in simple things, where children do not.

And for me and my family, even with one familiar laugh missing this year, there will be joy in Christmas, as we have the chance to reminisce, and see anew the wonder of the festive season through the eyes of our young children, of whom we were delighted to welcome four more this year.

They teach us all a lesson - just as the Christmas story does - that in the birth of a child, there is a new dawn with endless potential.

It is this simplicity of the Christmas story that makes it so universally appealing: simple happenings that formed the starting point of the life of Jesus — a man whose teachings have been handed down from generation to generation, and have been the bedrock of my faith. His birth marked a new beginning.  As the carol says, “The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight”.

I wish you all a very happy Christmas.
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #5648 on: December 25, 2021, 04:20:15 PM »

Quite simply a wonderful speech and quite evocative of all that Prince Philip meant to the Queen.  💜

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
llcd

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #5649 on: December 25, 2021, 04:22:59 PM »

Great speech. The Queen looks so frail  Cry Cry
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5650 on: December 25, 2021, 04:30:30 PM »

Wonderful speech. Almost had me in tears, HMTQ seemed so frail sitting behind a desk with a photo of her late husband. Her speech seemed much more relatable and "down to earth" this year as we can all relate to that first Christmas without a loved one.

I liked her references to her family too. She's not an outwardly emotional person, but you could hear her pride and love through this speech.

periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5651 on: December 25, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »

But she sounds strong and is looking forward. Take heart.

It is a powerful speech I don't think I've ever been as moved by such lovely turns of phrase before. And the insight into her 13 year old heart seeing Philip's twinkle I mean really what a great thing to share.

Thank you Aubiette for sharing the text and video.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5652 on: December 25, 2021, 07:40:05 PM »

But she sounds strong and is looking forward. Take heart.

It is a powerful speech I don't think I've ever been as moved by such lovely turns of phrase before. And the insight into her 13 year old heart seeing Philip's twinkle I mean really what a great thing to share.

Thank you Aubiette for sharing the text and video.

That was so touching, it was the point where I teared up. I've never been so moved by HMTQ's Christmas speech. PP would be so proud of her, she's holding up so well, with the support of her family I'm sure.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5653 on: December 26, 2021, 12:17:56 AM »

An armed intruder was arrested at Windsor Castle

The Sunday Mirror reported that the arrest came after security controllers monitoring CCTV noticed a man carrying what appeared to be a crossbow.

https://news.sky.com/stor...brates-christmas-12503764
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5654 on: December 26, 2021, 12:23:53 AM »

An armed intruder was arrested at Windsor Castle

The Sunday Mirror reported that the arrest came after security controllers monitoring CCTV noticed a man carrying what appeared to be a crossbow.

https://news.sky.com/stor...brates-christmas-12503764

That’s frightening! You know he didn’t have anything good planned if he was armed like that.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 381   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: