Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1471616 times)
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5685 on: January 17, 2022, 02:28:44 PM »

Sigh…

Police are called in after vandal sprays 'paedo home' on wall of Queen's official Scottish residence

https://www.dailymail.co....ocial-twitter_dailymailUK
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5686 on: January 17, 2022, 05:54:43 PM »

I hate it when people deface public property.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5687 on: January 23, 2022, 02:00:16 AM »

Queen's poignant return to Philip's cottage sanctuary at Sandringham: Monarch plans to privately remember both her husband and her father by making an emotional pilgrimage to the Duke's woodland bolthole for the first time since his death

https://www.dailymail.co....anctuary-Sandringham.html
PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5688 on: January 23, 2022, 06:22:44 AM »

The article wandered all over the place. Never making any lucid point.

Suffice to say QE was ready go to back there and be in the space where her husband lived when on that property. Some of us surely know how that feels to go back to residences where our relatives lived and we remember being with them there. It's not easy. Think there is a story being made that is no story at all. Let a woman come to terms with places where she was with her husband and can no longer do that. Certainly hope there are no photographers present. There is no reason to record this visit.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5689 on: January 23, 2022, 06:41:10 AM »

The article wandered all over the place. Never making any lucid point.
[/b]
Suffice to say QE was ready go to back there and be in the space where her husband lived when on that property. Some of us surely know how that feels to go back to residences where our relatives lived and we remember being with them there. It's not easy. Think there is a story being made that is no story at all. Let a woman come to terms with places where she was with her husband and can no longer do that. Certainly hope there are no photographers present. There is no reason to record this visit.

I never read Dfail articles. I just look at their pictures and close the link Icecream

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5690 on: January 23, 2022, 07:09:42 AM »

I wonder how many 'first time' visit The Queen is going to make to Philip's 'bolt-hole'. It was reported she did this about a month after she died, and then in late November when she supposedly visited there when she made her visit to Sandringham.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5691 on: January 23, 2022, 11:37:29 AM »

"a month after she died"

HM as a ghost at Wood Farm maybe??

I'm not at all surprised HM will spend the time over her accession dates at Sandringham and given the desire to keep a small "bubble" around HM where possible Wood Farm makes sense practically as well as emotionally. I read somewhere there is talk HM will record a video message to go out on the date of her accession. 
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5692 on: January 23, 2022, 12:40:18 PM »

typo -
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5693 on: January 23, 2022, 02:56:41 PM »

The Daily Mail often writes stories like that. The Queen has always done a marvelous job - and she had to bury her husband of 73 years under the public eye - worldwide televised. She should be given some privacy. She had to hold it together and she did not show many emotions - so she should be given a place to grieve and "let go".
Emac0914

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5694 on: January 23, 2022, 05:17:52 PM »

Good for her spending time with memories of her beloved father and husband in a place to them, as her Accession Day anniversary approaches.  Both men who helped shape the Queen she has been.  Sandringham and Wood Farm will always be important to her.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5695 on: January 23, 2022, 05:36:23 PM »

The Queen arrived by helicopter (and then car) at the Sandringham Estate today.

https://www.dailymail.co....ersary-fathers-death.html

Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5696 on: January 23, 2022, 05:51:53 PM »

If memory stands, even when Christmas itself was celebrated at Windsor, they would head off to Sandringham afterwards and stay until after George VI's death date was past.

I don't want to sound cold, and Woods Farm is indeed a special place, but after being married for 73 years there are memories galore in all places. I expect Balmoral held a very certain poignancy as part of their honeymoon was spent there. Windsor, Buck House and Sandringham are all evocative. It was always going to be a tough year, whenever Phillip passed.

Added to this is the 70th anniversary of her father's passing, which stirs up even more memories.

HM, in my own opinion, is dealing with things in her own way and on her own terms.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5697 on: January 23, 2022, 06:16:06 PM »

I don't want to sound cold, and Woods Farm is indeed a special place, but after being married for 73 years there are memories galore in all places. I expect Balmoral held a very certain poignancy as part of their honeymoon was spent there. Windsor, Buck House and Sandringham are all evocative. It was always going to be a tough year, whenever Phillip passed.

You have a point there for sure - but I think this was maybe the place where he could be "Philipp" and she "Elizabeth". I might romanticize that too much, but I guess when you live in Buckingham Palace and Windsor you have all the staff, officies, ... and you are basically playing a role.
Think of the French kings in Versailles who build the small castles into the garden just to have some "me time".

Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5698 on: January 23, 2022, 07:26:07 PM »

You have a point there for sure - but I think this was maybe the place where he could be "Philipp" and she "Elizabeth". I might romanticize that too much, but I guess when you live in Buckingham Palace and Windsor you have all the staff, officies, ... and you are basically playing a role.
Think of the French kings in Versailles who build the small castles into the garden just to have some "me time".

I'm sorry if that came off as disagreeing with you - it wasn't meant to. Our own unique ways of looking at things. Both are good!  Hug

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5699 on: January 23, 2022, 07:54:16 PM »

I think this was maybe the place where he could be "Philipp" and she "Elizabeth". I might romanticize that too much, but I guess when you live in Buckingham Palace and Windsor you have all the staff, officies, ... and you are basically playing a role.

This is an interesting thought. Also the Queen is 95. This world is all she knows. Perhaps it started as playing a role when she was younger but after these many years, I think she is who she is all the time, no matter who is around. I wonder if it’s still possible to separate Elizabeth and the Queen after 70 years.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: