Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are Danes so BRAINWASHED by the DRF?  (Read 2965 times)
katerzzz

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Mary Who?

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »

I've been wondering about this for a while. And I thought, why not ask? Why ARE the Danish people so brainwashed (because that's really the only way I could think of to describe it) by their Royal Family? I remember watching the, quite frankly, tacky celebrations for Marge's 40th Jubilee, and thinking why is it all televised on a, I'm assuming, main stream Danish TV channel? I'm a Brit and thought to myself, if QE2 (who I admire for her sense of duty to the job-not just the perks) showed all her celebrations (including dinners, banquets, etc) on the BBC, hundreds of people would complain that they are missing Eastenders (a TV show) or their nightly dose of news. Do the Danes just put up with this robbing of TV Air Time by their Royal Family? Do they love them that much?

Personally, I think the DRF are lucky to be the DRF (especially Mosh and Derf) and not the Royals of another country. For example, I think if the DRF members were actually the BRF, and they were THAT lazy/uncaring/arrogant then there would be repercussions, from politicians and the public. The general Danish population it seems, IMO, are blinkered into thinking their Royals are holier-than-thou Royals who rule by Divine Right. May I remind you all that when one British King (Charles I) thought that, there was a civil war and the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland ensued under Oliver Cromwell. Am I right in thinking that Danes love their Royals so much that they can justify everything they do (or lack of)?

So what I'm asking is, basically, why exactly do you think the Danish public so BRAINWASHED by the DRF? Is it the PR-Machines, what they've been bought up thinking of their Royal Family, or is it the DRF's own efforts to cling desperately to this idea that they are there because they were put their by some higher being, not just by the lottery of birth or marriage?

(No offence meant to any Danish Dishers, this is not directed at you guys)  Smiley

GIFSoup
Sooo cool
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »

katerzzz, the explanation is too long for one thread, let alone a single post. If I had to boil it down to a brief and simple explanation, I would say it is a direct consequence of our

SMALL COUNTRY SYNDROME

For some reason, we need to think that everything here is the best in the world and that includes our RF. People are very willing to believe the fairy tale. They seem to need to believe the fairly tale when I talk to friends and family. A lot of people get personally insulted when you criticize the DRF. Part of it is the Billed Bladet image that is burnt on to most people's retinas. The other part is the "They're what makes Denmark great and we'd be lost without them" attitude that gets passed from generation to generation, along with the usual bullshit about the DRF being a tourist magnet, single-handedly propping up our export business and being the best and most professional representatives that the country could ever ask for  Whistle

We don't have Norway's oil, Finland's Nokia and high-tech image or Sweden's everything (Ikea, H&M, Ericsson, Volvo, Saab and you name it of old and current worldwide brands). We have the oldest monarchy in Europe and a RF that is scandal-free (try not to laugh or grab Odette's bucket when you read that).

It might sound strange to foreigners, but I've been analyzing this for years and this is the conclusion that I've come to. Two historical facts support this: the fact that the Scandinavian countries were once united one crown: Denmark (and guess who was the architect of this union? why it Her Margesty the First). The second is the crushing defeat of Denmark at the hands of the Prussian army in 1864. This is said to, more than any other period of Danish history, led to the current small country syndrome that you can experience when visiting here and spending time here. Having gone abroad and come back on several occasions, I can really see it now. But don't take my word for it. Ask Tom Buk-Swienty a prominent historian and journalist who has written several books on the topic of 1864 and the Danish mentality.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »

thrilla, I think you hit it spot on Star
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:19:34 PM »

Thanks, Lille  Star back and a   Hug  for our struggle.
Maya

Small Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »

Yes thrilla that is exactly what I would say too.
Ice Queen

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »

Thanks thrilla Star That was very informative. It think it's crass that M&F exploit all of this.
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 12:04:15 AM »

The topic is quite interesting. It's what I've been wondering for years.

lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 05:17:27 PM »

I just "met" a fellow online who said he loves Margrethe. No surprise thrre, as she is generally liked.  He also said everyone loves Frederick and Mary and dislike Joachim and Marie!!!

Oh yes, and he did make certain to note that Denmark has the oldest royalty of any country.

Sorry...this fellow is Danish
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:07:03 PM by lellobeetle » Logged

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 05:24:24 PM »

Star  thrilla for sharing from a Danish preceptive.

More preceptives from more Danes here?  Thanks. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: