Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: What do you think of Sweden's new royal?
Cute? - 92 (56.8%)
Happy? - 70 (43.2%)
Total Voters: 162

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photo thread for Princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary of Sweden  (Read 861030 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2835 on: August 12, 2019, 07:40:58 PM »

Hopefully Estelle has been evaluated by an orthodontist to see if she needs a 2 phase approach...the American Association of Orthodontists recommend that all kids see a board-certified orthodontist around age 7 or 8 for evaluation (yeah I know they're in Sweden but this is just an example guideline).

Luckily Sweden isnít a development country with lacking or private dental care (not that it would matter for Estelle). We have good and free dental care for children in Scandinavia and braces are covered when needed for teeth health reasons.

FWIW my children were around 13 when check ups began for braces.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2836 on: August 12, 2019, 07:47:09 PM »

I donít want to speak for Kristallinchen, but I only know what people mean by what they write. I read your posts as your being opposed to parents deciding to put braces on children. My point was that, since poor teeth alignment is a health issue, braces are necessary to avoid bigger problems. If I misunderstood Iím sorry, but we all have different opinions and viewpoints here and can agree to disagree.  

ETA: Jinx Kristallinchen!  Star
No, I am not opposed to parents deciding on braces, absolutely not. As I said in my initial post, if the problem is only cosmetic = correcting teeth for a nicer smile.
But clearly I was not able to translate my thoughts properly into English and I am sorry for that and the misunderstanding it lead to.

I think we're probably meaning the same.
Eliza B

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2837 on: August 12, 2019, 08:34:33 PM »

Hopefully Estelle has been evaluated by an orthodontist to see if she needs a 2 phase approach...the American Association of Orthodontists recommend that all kids see a board-certified orthodontist around age 7 or 8 for evaluation (yeah I know they're in Sweden but this is just an example guideline).

Luckily Sweden isnít a development country with lacking or private dental care (not that it would matter for Estelle). We have good and free dental care for children in Scandinavia and braces are covered when needed for teeth health reasons.

In US, at least my area, the braces start around middle school (5th grade; 10ish) so you're usually out by high school.  Estelle is still quite young to put on braces unless medically necessary now. She still has some adult teeth yet to come in so usually they don't rush it,  because they want to see how those come in first. It's very obvious she's still missing some teeth in back and the front haven't come down all the way.  Not sure why everyone's rushing her to braces already.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2838 on: August 12, 2019, 11:28:04 PM »

In US, at least my area, the braces start around middle school (5th grade; 10ish) so you're usually out by high school.  Estelle is still quite young to put on braces unless medically necessary now. She still has some adult teeth yet to come in so usually they don't rush it,  because they want to see how those come in first. It's very obvious she's still missing some teeth in back and the front haven't come down all the way.  Not sure why everyone's rushing her to braces already.

I donít think anyone was suggesting that she get them now - I think the earliest age anyone mentioned was 10 IIRC. But to me it looks like her teeth are fairly crooked and she will need some sort of orthodontic service even after all her permanent teeth come in.
Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #2839 on: August 19, 2019, 01:32:08 PM »

Estelle is going back to school. Picture by Vickan on the SRF Facebook page

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2840 on: August 19, 2019, 01:51:22 PM »

In my opinion, Estelle has an infectious smile 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2841 on: August 19, 2019, 01:58:24 PM »

I donít think anyone was suggesting that she get them now - I think the earliest age anyone mentioned was 10 IIRC. But to me it looks like her teeth are fairly crooked and she will need some sort of orthodontic service even after all her permanent teeth come in.

It can even differ per dentist. My old dentist, who saw me since I was about 7 years old or so, never saw the need for braces. Even after I asked him about it. As some of my permanent (front) teeth are out of regular line. He wasn't an opponent of braces and such. My older sibling has had braces for his permanent teeth for a while (in his childhood).In general it doesn't bother me, it gives me some distinction. But in my lower jaw its makes it a bit harder to clean my teeth properly. Many years later I got a new dentist, in my then new home town. One of her first remarks, when seeing my teeth, was about why I was never prescribed bracesÖÖÖ.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #2842 on: August 19, 2019, 05:47:01 PM »

Such a happy and confident little girl!!!!!

Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2843 on: August 19, 2019, 06:19:26 PM »

[/quoote]

My daughter had hers put on at 7 as she had an extra adult tooth on top. After they pulled the extra tooth and the baby tooth next to it to allow the corect tooth to come down, it came in totally sideways. Because of the positioning, the denist was concerned that any  accidental smack in the face would break the tooth off. So we put them on at 7 and she was out by 9.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: