Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catherine's - EVENT calendar  (Read 357160 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: May 01, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »

And no evidence of any of this is there?

Why do they do private engagements? It shows nothing and doesn't give any attention to the charity, organization, etc.

BRF thing.  They all count these as events.  Even TQ. Not like Sweden that takes 1 pictures and let's everyone continue in their way.

I know I shouldn't ask, but where's the problem with releasing one or two pictures afterwards?

I don't get why a publicly funded entity is "deserving" of such privacy... Thinking

They are not - but they have an entitlement mentality . . .
Eliza B

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: May 01, 2019, 03:16:47 PM »

Why do they do private engagements? It shows nothing and doesn't give any attention to the charity, organization, etc.

BRF thing.  They all count these as events.  Even TQ. Not like Sweden that takes 1 pictures and let's everyone continue in their way.

I know I shouldn't ask, but where's the problem with releasing one or two pictures afterwards?

I don't get why a publicly funded entity is "deserving" of such privacy... Thinking
I agree they should.  That's why I brought up the Swedes.  But for some reason they don't. The only think i can think of is how much larger BRF is and on some days 10+ private meetings might happen across various members so there can't be one photographer? But everyone owns a phone nowadays,  snap and send to a press person.
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: May 01, 2019, 03:24:50 PM »

She's back to work as usual.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: May 01, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »

I agree they should.  That's why I brought up the Swedes.  But for some reason they don't. The only think i can think of is how much larger BRF is and on some days 10+ private meetings might happen across various members so there can't be one photographer? But everyone owns a phone nowadays,  snap and send to a press person.

Well Kate is not just anyway. William is second in line to the throne and in a few years from now they'll be Prince and Princess of Wales.

I totally if Anne's or even Eugenie's/Beatrice's work is not always covered.

But Kate? If she wanted more privacy she probably should've married someone else.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: May 01, 2019, 05:10:38 PM »

IMO the Spanish royals are the champions when it comes to nearly every meeting being documented via photo/film. The British tend to do this very rarely.
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: May 01, 2019, 06:33:09 PM »

IMO the Spanish royals are the champions when it comes to nearly every meeting being documented via photo/film. The British tend to do this very rarely.

The Brits also have the worst diary. They announce on Twitter many events but none make into the future events page on royal.uk, and their court circular on that website also is missing 10% of events.  You have to go to the papers that publish it to get the correct outline of previous events.  It's 2019.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: May 01, 2019, 11:45:57 PM »

The CC online is the same as appears in the print media. It is after all the same document that the Queen signs each day. The thing is that the BRF don't designate every event as an official event e.g. Harry and Meghan going to sign the Book of Condolence for Christchurch was deemed a private visit and not an official one - in keeping with similar events like this. Anne also signed the Book and again it wasn't an official event.

The media covers events that aren't deemed official and therefore any costs associated with those events aren't paid for from the Sovereign Grant so Anne going to open a new school that is in the CC has all the costs paid for from the Sovereign Grant but her visit to New Zealand House would be paid for from her own private income or the Duchy of Lancaster.
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: May 02, 2019, 02:28:57 AM »

Isn't this like the SOLE reason why charities have a royal patron?  Huh?

If there is no media coverage/attention then their patronage is worthless because they do absolutely zip for these places in all other areas.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: May 02, 2019, 02:53:46 AM »

If there is no media coverage/attention then their patronage is worthless because they do absolutely zip for these places in all other areas.

Thank you!   Supercontent
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: May 02, 2019, 03:47:07 AM »

The vast majority of the charities with BRF as Patrons etc get no royal attention from one year to the next but ... they do get to put the royals name and crest on their website, stationery etc. The Queen, for instance, has over 800 patronages and only does something for about a dozen of them each year, if that many. She is reducing that commitment over time.

It is having the royal patron that is important not having them do things.

If an organisation felt there was no benefit to them in having the royal as a patron they could easily drop the royal.

Every year many new organisations apply to BP for a royal as patron so they obviously feel there is some benefit in being able to say 'our patron is HRH Prince/Princess xxxx....' even if they never see that person from one year to the next.
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: May 02, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »

January 2019 Total: 6 days / 7 events
February 2019 Total: 6 days / 12 events
March 2019 Total: 9 days / 15 events
April 2019 Total: 2 days / 3 events

MAY:
1) Wednesday, May 1: The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, this morning opened the new Centre for Excellence, 4-8 Rodney Street, London N1, and was received by Colonel Jane Davis (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London). **corrected to 1 event per court circular**

2) Friday, May 3: The Duchess will attend a service for the Royal Victorian Order at St. George’s Chapel.

3) Wednesday, May 8: The Duke and Duchess will visit North Wales:
• The first stop is the Caernarfon Coastguard Search and Rescue Helicopter Base.
• Then to Anglesey to visit Halen Môn Anglesey Sea Salt.
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: May 02, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »

The vast majority of the charities with BRF as Patrons etc get no royal attention from one year to the next but ... they do get to put the royals name and crest on their website, stationery etc. The Queen, for instance, has over 800 patronages and only does something for about a dozen of them each year, if that many. She is reducing that commitment over time.

If an organisation felt there was no benefit to them in having the royal as a patron they could easily drop the royal.

Every year many new organisations apply to BP for a royal as patron so they obviously feel there is some benefit in being able to say 'our patron is HRH Prince/Princess xxxx....' even if they never see that person from one year to the next.

Agreed.  BRF has SO many charity associations its impossible to go to all its about the charity saying the royal family supports them and having a prince/ss show up once in a blue moon to drum up new donors.   

In today's world, royalty is all about charity.  But historically, charity involvement is more of a side job,  it's the state dinners, knighting,  church services, dedications (speech and plaque unveiling). But the bread and butter work doesn't appeal to the younger royals.  They like shock and awe (flurry of visits with a charity then moves on)
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: May 02, 2019, 04:18:07 PM »

Yes QEII, the DoE, and even  the PoW have had so many patronages and charities that it has impossible for them to visit all of them at least once a year and still participate in their national duties and overseas events. (True before the DoE retired and QEII no longer does foreign travel.)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: May 03, 2019, 03:18:24 PM »

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @BletchleyPark on Tuesday 14th May to view a special D-Day exhibition in the newly restored Teleprinter Building, marking the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings #DDay75

Currently visualizing my highest self
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: May 03, 2019, 06:12:12 PM »

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @BletchleyPark on Tuesday 14th May to view a special D-Day exhibition in the newly restored Teleprinter Building, marking the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings #DDay75

I'm happy to see Kate's continued interest in WWII history.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: