Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish Royal Jewelry  (Read 160951 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2021, 03:27:40 PM »

Great shot of the Danish Royal Emerald parure

don't mind the teeth....look at the green goodies.

I'm so so glad, Yrma will not be able to mess with those, once she's allowed to wear them.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2021, 03:40:02 PM »

Thanks, Peeds Beer Star
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2021, 04:07:41 PM »

Thanks, Peeds Beer Star

Of course, edit   I had hoped you'll catch the Thursday surprise   Beer Star

CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2021, 10:56:39 PM »

Is there any information on the necklace Princess Marie is wearing?   
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/405464772680550864
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2021, 11:20:43 PM »

Is there any information on the necklace Princess Marie is wearing?    
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/405464772680550864

Yes, the necklace/pendant/brooch was a gift from Queen Margrethe and it is called "Queen Alexandrine’s Sapphire Brooch".

This Brooch/Pendant, featuring a diamond cluster ringed by sapphires and diamonds, from which a briolette diamond drop is suspended, was first seen on Queen Alexandrine of Denmark, born Duchess Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, in a portrait in the first decade of the 20th century. Queen Alexandrine owned many sapphire jewels, including a Sapphire Parure now with Queen Margrethe and a Russian Sapphire Tiara that was recently sold at auction, most of which were wedding gifts, so it is safe to assume this Brooch/Pendant was another gift.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 12:27:01 AM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2021, 12:28:48 AM »

Izzy received Queen Alexandrine’s Pearl and Diamond Brooch from Daisy.

It features a round pearl surrounded by three diamonds, from which a pear-shaped conch pearl is suspended, the Pearl and Diamond Brooch was most prominently worn by Queen Alexandrine in a series of portraits in the early 1900s, a few years before she became Queen, and was not prominently worn for the rest of her life.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2021, 12:45:52 AM »

Queen Anne-Marie of Greece got the QUEEN ALEXANDRINE’S RUBY BOW BROOCH.

Queen Alexandrine notes that she received a diamond and ruby brooch from her new husband in 1898. Jensen speculates that this bow brooch may have been that gift, especially because the colors of the piece — red and white — are Denmark’s national colors. When Alexandrine died in 1952, she left the brooch to her daughter-in-law, Queen Ingrid.

I think that either AM gifted the brooch to her daugher Alexia, or Alexia is just wearing it a lot.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2022, 06:36:39 AM »

It features a round pearl surrounded by three diamonds, from which a pear-shaped conch pearl is suspended, the Pearl and Diamond Brooch was most prominently worn by Queen Alexandrine in a series of portraits in the early 1900s, a few years before she became Queen, and was not prominently worn for the rest of her life.

In "A queen's jewelry box" - 50 years as a regent told in jewelry. Daisy revealed the baptism gift for Izzy in 2007, a brooch with diamonds, a white & pink pearl. It came with a written note, in which she explained the origin.

To Isabella from Grandma. Baptism day July 1, 2007. I got this piece of jewelry for my baptism on May 16, 1940, from my grandmother Queen Alexandrine

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2022, 06:59:20 AM »

In "A queen's jewelry box" - 50 years as a regent told in jewelry. Daisy revealed the baptism gift for Izzy in 2007, a brooch with diamonds, a white & pink pearl. It came with a written note, in which she explained the origin.

To Isabella from Grandma. Baptism day July 1, 2007. I got this piece of jewelry for my baptism on May 16, 1940, from my grandmother Queen Alexandrine

That is very pretty and great for her in younger years
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: