Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter & Autumn Phillips News  (Read 151322 times)
smf3000

Warned
Medium Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: January 26, 2016, 03:26:16 AM »

What exactly are these people -these good hearted charity workers - paying for?

-The right to gaze upon their Head of state?

- A cold sandwich and some wine from a supermarket?

-the right to stand on a public street?

What exactly is supposed to be worth 150?

( Is royalty strictly pay-for-play now?)
shastadaisy

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: January 26, 2016, 03:58:19 AM »

Oh, I agree. He received the contract only for his contacts and clout. But even with that, it sounds like a bureaucratic nightmare.

Shades of It's a Royal Knockabout 2.0

I think Peter's main job will be running interference with the "grey men", The Queen and the organizers. It sounds kind of like a nightmare, but he'll have the access and the clout, so I can why it makes sense.

if that is indeed the case, why didn't another PR firm win this contract? Why did Peter's firm win it if it weren't for his contacts and clout, huh?

G Smiley
darkheart

Baby Member

Singapore Singapore

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: January 26, 2016, 05:03:40 AM »

Interesting...  I wonder if such an event would come under the Agreement on Government Procurement which sets out the procedures which should be followed in awarding tenders for such services...
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: January 26, 2016, 06:41:12 AM »

Despicable. The public should then say 'congrats, ma'am, but we're not attending.'

Nepotism sucks.

I completely agree.  If the queen or her organizers had any class, they would have not let Peter's firm apply for this knowing that it would look shady.  However, just like every other royal family out there, there's nothing but shadiness and cronyism.   

I'm sure the sugars will leap to her side and swear up and down that this is all above-board.   Roll Eyes  However, anybody with a brain knows it isn't. 

I just can't form a solid opinion on old Pete & Autumn. Sure they stay out of the limelight 95% of the time, but every time they make headlines it seems to be for cashing in on other royals. (The Hello wedding spread, anyone?)

Thinking  Didn't his uncle attempt to make money by sending a film crew to Scotland when a certain family member first went to university and every other press group had agreed to give him privacy?  (Although he wasn't savvy enough to not get caught.)  Making money off their family is nothing new. 
But to be fair, many families keep the money in the family whenever possible, so in that respect they are no different.

Do I think Peter Philips followed all the rules? I wouldn't say that.  No  Do I think he got special preference? Absolutely.  Yes

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #304 on: February 09, 2016, 04:38:13 PM »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/t...-his-own-firm#.uaglLMAvvE

The Queen?s Grandson Set Up A Charity That Gave His Own Firm The Contract To Arrange Her Birthday Party
Peter Phillips, the son of Princess Anne, has stepped down as a trustee of the Patron?s Fund after it awarded his own company the contract to arrange celebrations for an undisclosed fee.

Sounds quite shady Confused
Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: February 09, 2016, 07:48:19 PM »

^Not to worry, Peter resigned from the charity 'in order to ensure the integrity of the event'... Laughing Maybe someone should tell him it's a little too late for that.  Secret
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: February 09, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »

And there's the likelihood that he'll still be active behind the scenes. No way he's out of the picture completely ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: February 14, 2016, 08:40:15 PM »

Is taxpayer money being used to pay for this event or is it all coming from sponsorship and ticket sales? To me its one thing for the Queen's grandson to be given a contract paid for by taxpayer money to host an event for his grandmother, its another if businesses and individuals want to fork out their own money on such an event.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: February 14, 2016, 11:55:18 PM »

And there's the likelihood that he'll still be active behind the scenes. No way he's out of the picture completely ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

Which reminds me ... who will have the exclusive behind the scene photos of the queen and her family on this special day? Hello!? Peter knows how to arrange that. The fees could pay for some of the expenses of the event.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Princess_Carys

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2016, 08:00:09 AM »

Does anyone know if Autumn has a job? Did she continue working after she had kids?
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: March 26, 2016, 08:18:56 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...atcombe-Horse-Trials.html

debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2016, 06:08:57 AM »

I always love seeing cousins playing and getting along together (like Estelle & Leonore for instance).

Here, a trio of them!

Mia Isla Savannah
marie louise
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »

Oh my word.....what a delightful threesome!! Fantastic foto! This is a wonderful example how to photograph young children.
Please take note, you keen photographer lurking in the shadows of Norfolk!
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2016, 01:49:48 PM »

Hug What a beautiful trio !  Hug I wish them they stay friends for life.

Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2016, 01:10:54 PM »

Such a cute photo!  It's so nice to see the cousins playing. 

I love that the Wessex's seem to be close to the Phillips' family and they are often playing together.  They are very close in age to them - closer than Louise and James are to their actual cousin.

Peter even took James with his two girls to the Windsor Horse Show without Edward or Sophie.  It's nice they are all quite friendly with each other.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: