Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter & Autumn Phillips News  (Read 158255 times)
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: February 11, 2020, 07:29:41 PM »

Divorce can do damage. Being in a family unit where the parents resent one another can also do damage. Peter and Autumn have obviously decided that the best thing for them is to end their marriage. And yes, there will be hard times ahead for their girls, but it’s unfair to make people stay in a loveless marriage just for the children.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #481 on: February 11, 2020, 07:31:29 PM »

To dismiss the idea that divorce does no damage to children is dangerous. If you want to dismiss the affect of divorce on children there's something wrong with you.
Yes, there are some instances where divorce is beneficial for all. However, there are situations where divorcing does damage the family like adultery or because they're bored or some silly excuse that people like to make up to make themselves look better. People who divorce because they've "moved on" or are bored are selfish to the extreme.  Marriage takes work and patience, but many people are too self-centered to do so.

This is far too O/T and quite rude towards those posters who have expressed an opinion different from yours. That’s not allowed here on RD.

Back on topic now.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: February 11, 2020, 07:34:26 PM »

To dismiss the idea that divorce does no damage to children is dangerous. If you want to dismiss the affect of divorce on children there's something wrong with you.
Yes, there are some instances where divorce is beneficial for all. However, there are situations where divorcing does damage the family like adultery or because they're bored or some silly excuse that people like to make up to make themselves look better. People who divorce because they've "moved on" or are bored are selfish to the extreme.  Marriage takes work and patience, but many people are too self-centered to do so.

Nobody's dismissing anything, there are too many absolute statements in this thread. And I actually take offense to the bolded. Where in the world did you come up with that? Honestly, I take offense at your whole post.

Sorry Maria, I just saw your post. Back on topic. Sorry again.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: February 11, 2020, 07:57:00 PM »

I am very sad to hear about this. I think they are both children of divorce and didn't take this step lightly.

The Daily Mail paints her as a gold digger but I think her attitude was that it was fun to play the part of a 'small r' royal but she took her family more seriously than that. She and Zara seemed to get along as well.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: February 11, 2020, 08:09:29 PM »

Sorry Maria.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: February 11, 2020, 08:31:34 PM »

The separation was a bit surprising.

But I have never liked Autumn🤔
I also felt that she was a mean bossy girl but “ hidden mean”. Considering she was the one that wanted the divorce which doesn’t surprised me.

I have never really understand if she is working or what is she doing ?!?

But also when it comes to divorce ofc the children are sad but they still can have a good life.
I just hope she doesn’t move to Canada because flying back and forth to England will be exhausting for the girls.

I've been neutral about all things Autumn until the following incident: Savannah pushed George down the embankment at a polo match. Autumn was captured on camera taking her to task. Mean-girl mums don't do that, at least not the ones I've encountered.

“The sheep fear the wolf, only to be eaten by the shepherd." – Flash Gordon
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: February 11, 2020, 08:38:39 PM »

I also felt that she was a mean bossy girl but “ hidden mean”. Considering she was the one that wanted the divorce which doesn’t surprised me.

But also when it comes to divorce ofc the children are sad but they still can have a good life.
I just hope she doesn’t move to Canada because flying back and forth to England will be exhausting for the girls.

I've been neutral about all things Autumn until the following incident: Savannah pushed George down the embankment at a polo match. Autumn was captured on camera taking her to task. Mean-girl mums don't do that, at least not the ones I've encountered.

Mean girl moms don't discipline their children at all unless the behavior is directly affecting the mom.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: February 11, 2020, 08:41:57 PM »

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: February 11, 2020, 09:10:26 PM »

Mean girl moms don't discipline their children at all unless the behavior is directly affecting the mom.

Amen to that! Star
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: February 11, 2020, 09:20:31 PM »

I know! What thread will explode next? Benedikte? Liechtenstein? 2020 is bringing all the drama in all the places.

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: February 11, 2020, 09:24:22 PM »

I know! What thread will explode next? Benedikte? Liechtenstein? 2020 is bringing all the drama in all the places.

Yes! I was just thinking what is next? Who is next?

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: February 11, 2020, 09:29:54 PM »

Yes! I was just thinking what is next? Who is next?

Seriously, who next? But this dumpster fire is an embarrassment of riches for a trash panda like me!

CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: February 11, 2020, 10:34:46 PM »

I was surprised about the separation.Whenever I have seen pictures of Peter or Autumn with their daughters, everyone seemed happy.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: February 11, 2020, 10:43:43 PM »

I was surprised about the separation.Whenever I have seen pictures of Peter or Autumn with their daughters, everyone seemed happy.

I think they all try their best so that the girls won't be hurt. Sadly it will still be a change for them.

Has their been anything said about the upcoming situation like where the children are going to live, where A is going to live etc.?
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: February 11, 2020, 10:55:53 PM »

I think they all try their best so that the girls won't be hurt. Sadly it will still be a change for them.

Has their been anything said about the upcoming situation like where the children are going to live, where A is going to live etc.?

The only thing I've read about where they will live is that they are both staying in Gloucestershire where they are raising their daughters.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: