Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter & Autumn Phillips News  (Read 152549 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: February 12, 2020, 10:26:37 PM »

Depends on her relationship to Anne/ Peter, her mind-set and the pre-nup. It is amazing what people settle with if they can avoid paying rent.
Peter might move in with Anne - after all, the house is so big and leave her the house.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #526 on: February 12, 2020, 11:03:51 PM »

Depends on her relationship to Anne/ Peter, her mind-set and the pre-nup. It is amazing what people settle with if they can avoid paying rent.
Peter might move in with Anne - after all, the house is so big and leave her the house.

If they’re still friendly and can stay living close to each other it’s only a good thing for the girls IMO.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: February 12, 2020, 11:17:52 PM »

and let's remember Peter's parents were divorced but lived close by, likewise I understand Autumn's parents are also divorced, so maybe they have plenty of experience of divorced parents living close by and getting along just fine. Who knows, only time will tell.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: February 12, 2020, 11:26:21 PM »

And of course approaching this whole thing with a certain level of dignity and mutual respect will help them in both the short and long term. 

I've read that Autumn is at their marital home as Peter spends the work week in London.  It that's true have Autumn stay in their home would make more sense and Peter could either stay at the big house or another property on the estate.  I'm fairly sure that they don't own their marital home but rather it's part of the estate holding for either Gatcombe Park (Anne) or Aston Farm (Mark) in which case one would hope that allowances could be made until the girls are adults.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: February 13, 2020, 02:16:38 AM »

They don't have a pre-nup. When they married they weren't recognised in law in the UK - they are barely recognised now.
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: February 13, 2020, 04:18:57 AM »

But if neither one cares about keeping their marriage together, do either one cares who the other one dates?
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: February 13, 2020, 12:48:08 PM »

But if neither one cares about keeping their marriage together, do either one cares who the other one dates?

You’d be surprised at the number of people who hate their ex, but don’t want them to date.
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: February 13, 2020, 01:03:28 PM »

You’d be surprised at the number of people who hate their ex, but don’t want them to date.
So far they managed this well, as long as the demise of their marriage is being resolved indoors, everyone in the family will be thankful. HM does not need yet another drama coming from her grandchildren, she's had enough of those.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: February 13, 2020, 01:58:47 PM »

So far they managed this well, as long as the demise of their marriage is being resolved indoors, everyone in the family will be thankful. HM does not need yet another drama coming from her grandchildren, she's had enough of those.

So far this seems rather drama free and adult. When children are involved I think that's the way it should be. Now of course we have no idea what's happening behind closed doors but I never got a drama vibe off Peter or Autumn.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: February 13, 2020, 03:09:48 PM »

I can't see them splitting up for the fun of it ... or for "being bored" - maybe they really grew apart. But I think (and hope) they will be doing the Alex & Jokke approach) on things - also way easier for the kids and easier if they need to appear in the public for some reason again (e.g. Uncle Charles coronation one day).
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: February 13, 2020, 05:24:28 PM »

I always got the impression Zara had taken over Mark's former home and Peter and Autmn had a house of their own on the estate with the intention Peter may inherit the main house one day. I'm sure they can find Autumn a house of her own on the estate. Anne and Mark certainly coped with him still living on the estate (but then with 700+ acres its not like they have to spend time cooped up together) so i'm sure Peter and Autumn could and Anne would probably find a home for Autumn to keep her granddaughters close to her.

I think that if it were me, I would want my own separate accommodation away from my ex-husband's family property. I'd want independence and though being near enough that the children could visit regularly, I'd want my own home that was mine.  But it's not me and I have no idea what the parties think and feel about it and what they will do.  There are so many variables, too.  What happens is likely to be very different if everyone gets on famously despite the divorce than it would if they don't.  It will be interesting to see.

That's kind of how I feel too.  Especially when it comes to dating, etc. even if the estate is hundreds of acres. Besides, who wants to be dependent on their in-laws?  I could see her getting a house, though, from Anne.

Who do you think the kids will live with - Autumn or Peter?

I don't think that Autumn will miss having to go to the various pomp and circumstance royal events.  But, yes, Charles' coronation, I could see that and maybe HMs b'day.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: February 13, 2020, 05:56:07 PM »

I believe that Peter's company is based in London...hence the reports that he's in London during the work week while Autumn is with the girls.  At the most basic level there is a excellent financial advantage to having a free home from Anne (or Mark...whichever) on the estate vs. trying to maintain a family home in London.  That arrangement could have been going on for years with none of us knowing about it...Peter in London during the week and Gloucestershire on the weekend and Autumn in Gloucestershire full time.

If that's true then one would hope that Autumn would keep their marital home or be offered something of comparable standard until the girls are at least through school...as she's the primary parent.  I don't know what their plans are for the girls' education but if they went to a boarding school at either 11+ or 13+ one could see Autumn branching out on her own at that point...so not before 2023 (11+) or 2025 (13+).

Plus at this point their only separated and under current UK law must be separated at least 2 year to divorce with consent of both parties or 5 years without the others consent....and of course the divorce process itself takes several months.  Not that laws don't change but it will be sometime before they are divorced...if they take their separation to that point.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: February 13, 2020, 06:22:32 PM »

I think if Autumn and the girls can stay in their present home, or move to another on the estate, she will do so. As oh caroline said, financially it makes very good sense. It all depends on how civilly everyone can live in relatively close proximity, and how any respective new spouses might fit into this scheme.

I think we'll still see a bit of Autumn, doing the things she has enjoyed, the races, taking the girls to horse shows or to see Zara compete. I expect to see her at funerals and weddings, but not at the Trooping, for instance.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:34:56 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: February 13, 2020, 07:07:57 PM »

The real victims in all this are royal hat fans  Cry

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: February 13, 2020, 10:00:21 PM »

We used to have a poster here, CD, from Australia, I think, and she was a hat fan. I miss her posts. Those are great hats!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: