Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwegian Royal News  (Read 853026 times)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3195 on: May 18, 2022, 07:56:13 AM »

I noticed the too-short length of IA's bunad as well. And it doesn't look like one for which the hem could be let down. Probably over the years she will have several different bunad made for her, I suspect, so we can maybe cosndier this one to be a ``starter.''

Its not a starter Grin Its probably one of, if not the most expensive and high quality bunads in Norway and Im sure it will be her signature bunad trough the years. Its supposed to be a shorter model, and Im sure it can be taken down a bit, probably from the top (not from the hem). For the shirt you can remove the cuff with the intricate embroydere, put in a longer sleeve, and put the cuff back on.

A beautiful day, beautiful weather and record turn out, I think everyone was really happy to celebrate as normal again. Over 60.000 kids in the parade that took more than 3,5 hours.

LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3196 on: May 18, 2022, 08:24:04 AM »

^ I think that is right, seem to remember it was given to her by the King and Queen, presume something that fancy would have the means to be adjusted if needed
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3197 on: May 18, 2022, 08:34:00 AM »

I think Mette-Marit has a number of different bunads. And I suppose once she's queen, Ingrid Alexandra will, at various times, wear bunads representing a particular district in Norway.

Indeed they ARE so expensive. I think by the time you assemble all the accessories and silver for the bunad from our part of Norway, it can cost in excess of $5,000, and that was before the days of crazy inflation. And I think a lot of the bunads that are given at confirmation are made with more than ample seam allowances and deep hems so that they can be adjusted to be worn on a life-long basis.

One of the most fun days I can remember was the time I was in Norway on Syttende Mai -- Norway's national day -- and I saw people parading through the streets of Oslo in so many different bunads that it was like attending a bunad fashion show.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3198 on: May 18, 2022, 10:38:16 AM »

Ingrid also has atleast three, in addition to the Telemark she wore yesterday she has the Asker bunad from where she lives, and when she was born she got Vest Agder bunads for life (From Mette-Marits home town)
It seems from laagendalsposten another bunad is comming her way also as a birthdaypresent, but not qute sure which one
https://www.laagendalspos...meg-bearet/s/5-64-1142938

King Harald never wears a bunad, but her has worn the sami outfit atleast once, some say not to who prefferance for different part of the country, but Im pretty sure we will see both Haakon and Ingrid continue to wear them when they become King and Queen...
https://www.dagbladet.no/...-skjer-det-aldri/76115156
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: