Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl Gustaf news  (Read 114896 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: September 04, 2017, 10:04:35 PM »

In the Netherlands Beatrix (and Claus) were often supported by her younger sister Margriet and her spouse Pieter van Vollenhoven. At that time (after the marriage of youngest sister Christina) the only sister left in line of the throne. When becoming king WA also thanked his aunt and uncle. It was expected Constantijn and Laurentien (WA youngest brother and spouse) would take over this role. But to me they are less visible and present at large events (f.e. state visits in the NL) then Margriet & Pieter.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: December 25, 2017, 01:13:56 PM »

CG's Christmas speech this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8uixCoY_Qw

He spoke among other things about about the terror attack in Stockholm, the climate change, Finland's 100 years of independence and the relationship between Sweden and Finland, Victoria's 40th birthday, Victoria's hikes in Swedish provinces and the birth of Gabriel.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: December 28, 2017, 06:44:35 PM »

Didn't see this one before, but apparently, CG spoke about the metoo movement last month  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

King of Sweden: 'Something good will come of #MeToo'

https://www.thelocal.se/2...g-good-will-come-of-metoo

King Carl XVI Gustaf has urged men to listen to women sharing their stories under the #MeToo hashtag.

The King spoke to media during a startup and tech-themed visit to Lund and Malmö, where he met among others VentureLab, Medicon Village, Minc and gaming company Massive Entertainment.
He also addressed the global #MeToo campaign for the first time, which started in response to rape and harassment allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, but has had a huge impact in Sweden.

Tens of thousands of Swedish women, including well-known figures from the worlds of acting, comedy, journalism, and tech, have shared their stories under the #MeToo hashtag, some very recent and some dating back several years, and called for more to be done to tackle harassment.

"It’s probably good that you look under old rocks. In the end something good will probably come of this," regional newspaper Kvällsposten quoted the King as saying when asked to comment.
He urged both men and women to listen more to other people. "It is needed in order to build something good, together."

Asked how men should respond, he said: "Listen, and think about what has happened in your own life. But I think it is fundamentally about morals and ethics, how you’ve been raised at home, quite simply."

Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: April 06, 2018, 04:44:56 PM »

As patron of the Swedish Academy CG has been informed of the current crisis.

https://www.aftonbladet.s...ows-third-member-opts-out
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:58:54 PM by Ginger » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: April 06, 2018, 05:19:27 PM »

Now that’s some irony right there. Who’s going to come out of the shadows for you, CG?
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: April 06, 2018, 07:06:14 PM »

Now that’s some irony right there. Who’s going to come out of the shadows for you, CG?

Indeed.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: May 28, 2018, 08:03:40 PM »

CG was spotted holidaying (?) by himself in Skradin, Croatia, a couple of weeks ago

gem

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2018, 09:22:48 AM »

I don't know where to put this old video. King Carl Gustav and Princess Christina were interviewed in English in 1975. They talked about succession rights and the history of their family. How times have changed since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Virm8VjvXp0
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: June 13, 2018, 12:31:02 AM »

^ Fascinating, gem - well worth watching.

Thank you! 

Star
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: June 13, 2018, 12:33:51 AM »

Indeed very interesting to see. When listening to it, I prefer the English pronounciation of Christina above that of CG
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: June 13, 2018, 12:40:50 AM »

Indeed very interesting to see. When listening to it, I prefer the English pronounciation of Christina above that of CG

Me too Principessa. CG’s English, at least then, seems a little halting.
gem

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2018, 01:06:09 AM »

Christina is alot easier to listen to. CG sounds robotic and unsure of himself
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: June 13, 2018, 01:19:52 AM »

There’s a world of difference in C & CG’s English. What a great find!

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: June 15, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »

In the Netherlands Beatrix (and Claus) were often supported by her younger sister Margriet and her spouse Pieter van Vollenhoven. At that time (after the marriage of youngest sister Christina) the only sister left in line of the throne. When becoming king WA also thanked his aunt and uncle. It was expected Constantijn and Laurentien (WA youngest brother and spouse) would take over this role. But to me they are less visible and present at large events (f.e. state visits in the NL) then Margriet & Pieter.

Given that Bea is there and two full time royals (Wax and Max) and the size of the Netherlands I think Constantijn and Laurentien decided to fade into the background ... In a lot of modern monarchies the regent is more present through media and so it is less important that someone shows up every day (kwim). Plus Wax and Max are doing a great job.
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2018, 11:20:05 PM »

CG was spotted holidaying (?) by himself in Skradin, Croatia, a couple of weeks ago

These pictures seem sort of sad to me. I suppose he enjoys some anonymity, however. 

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: