Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl Gustaf news  (Read 114693 times)
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: September 13, 2018, 06:19:54 PM »

Today, CG met 7-year-old Akram and his family at the Royal Palace. Akram is suffering from leukemia and was given the opportunity to meet the king through Stiftelsen Min Stora Dag (My Big Day Foundation).
During his hospital stay, Akram talked a lot with his parents about the King and what the he does during the days, and expressed a wish to meet him. When CG received foreign ambassadors this morning, Akram was given the opportunity, together with his parents and brother, to see the ceremony of horses, military band and grenadiers. Afterwards they got to meet CG for a private conversation at the Royal Palace.

Video of the meeting: https://www.instagram.com...HO6T/?taken-by=kungahuset

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: September 13, 2018, 06:28:32 PM »

Sweet boys!
I hope they had a good time with CG. It's very kind for him to meet the family.

karma chamelion

Medium Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: September 13, 2018, 11:09:16 PM »

Imagine how thrilled both boys must have been to see the military ceremonies and CG even managed to not look entirely grumpy, amazing!

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2018, 12:33:34 AM »

And  CG got all dressed up his military dress. Really nice to do!
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: March 14, 2019, 05:22:49 PM »

CG gave an audience to Åsa Lindhagen, the new Minister for Gender Equality.

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: March 15, 2019, 12:53:23 AM »

Think she told him that a gender equality starts at the family level?      Snare

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: March 15, 2019, 05:05:25 AM »

Think she told him that a gender equality starts at the family level?      Snare

*gigglesnort!*  I hope so.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2019, 12:57:27 AM »

Carl Gustaf was seven years old before he was told about his father, Prince Gustaf Adolf's demise. Why were there so many years before Carl was told the news?
genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2019, 01:52:45 AM »

Carl Gustaf was seven years old before he was told about his father, Prince Gustaf Adolf's demise. Why were there so many years before Carl was told the news?

I don't think that kind of stuff wasn't talked about among families.  My dad wasn't told that he had an older brother that died as a baby until my grandma was on her death bed with cancer and this was in 1989.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2019, 11:52:25 AM »

Perhaps they thought it would be better not to speak about/of it. A weird comparison but I have heard that many survivors of WWII (both Jews as non-Jews) didn't talk about their experiences during the war. Some of them only did when on their deathbed.
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2019, 11:58:45 AM »

Things like that can be so hard for young children to understand.  I’m sure he knew that his dad had passed by didn’t know the how until he was old enough to understand and not be afraid.  If handled incorrectly he easily could have developed a fear of flying.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »

CG is stripping Jean Claude Arnault of the Order of the Polar Star, one of the highest merits offered to foreign citizens in Sweden. Arnault has been convicted of rape and also groped CP Victoria at a reception arranged by the Swedish Academy years ago.

Arnault received the order in 2015 by the culture minister at the time on Swedish Academy member Per Wästberg's recommendations. The Royal Court, however, said they were never involved in the original decision. The decision to strip Arnault of the order was made by CG only hours after Arnault's request to have his conviction tried by the Swedish Supreme Court was denied.

More here: https://www.thelocal.se/2...for-rape-of-royal-honour/

Nightowl

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: May 11, 2019, 01:39:39 AM »

Glad to see the king stand up for his daughter and take action in tearing the creep down that had the nerve to touch a woman regardless of who she is without her permission......
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2019, 02:12:32 PM »

Perhaps they thought it would be better not to speak about/of it. A weird comparison but I have heard that many survivors of WWII (both Jews as non-Jews) didn't talk about their experiences during the war. Some of them only did when on their deathbed.

That was the time - also, when you adopted a child you kept it secret. You would just pretend that you are the biological parent. Later people found out what a shaking experience it can be and changed that.
Lord G¡n

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2019, 02:36:25 PM »

CG is stripping Jean Claude Arnault of the Order of the Polar Star, one of the highest merits offered to foreign citizens in Sweden. Arnault has been convicted of rape and also groped CP Victoria at a reception arranged by the Swedish Academy years ago.

Arnault received the order in 2015 by the culture minister at the time on Swedish Academy member Per Wästberg's recommendations. The Royal Court, however, said they were never involved in the original decision. The decision to strip Arnault of the order was made by CG only hours after Arnault's request to have his conviction tried by the Swedish Supreme Court was denied.

More here: https://www.thelocal.se/2...for-rape-of-royal-honour/

How could  this have been going on for so long? Good grief!!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: