Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal bridesmaids, page boys, flower girls etc.  (Read 101220 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »

The wedding party of Crown Prince Philippe (now King) of Belgium and Mathilde d'Udekom d'Acoz were:
Princess Luisa Maria of Belgium (aka Archduchess Luisa Maria of Austria-Este) (a niece of the groom); Princess Astrid of Liechtenstein; Chiara van Voorst; Marie-Hedwige Komorowska; Bénédicte de Brabant; Sofia Ricasoli; Flavia Porcari; Prince Joachim of Belgium (aka Archduke Joachim of Austria-Este) (a nephew of the groom) and Adrian Beissel von Gymnich.

Later in some official pictures Prince Amedeo (aka Archduke Amedeo of Austria-Este) and Princess Maria Laura of Belgium (aka Archduchess Maria Laura of Austria-Este) were shown. They are the older siblings of Luisa Maria and Joachim.

CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2021, 01:45:03 AM »

The bridesmaids who helped with the train of Princess Nina at Prince Philippos of Greece's wedding were Anna and Amelia Morales.   
I especially like the design of the yellow flowers.   
http://people.com/royals/...a-flohr-third-time-athens
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2021, 11:36:22 AM »

The bridesmaids who helped with the train of Princess Nina at Prince Philippos of Greece's wedding were Anna and Amelia Morales.   
I especially like the design of the yellow flowers.   
http://people.com/royals/...a-flohr-third-time-athens

The daughters of Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark and husband Carlos Morales have been (little) bridesmaids / flower girls more often:

At the wedding of uncle Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark and Tatiana Blatnik:

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2021, 11:49:52 AM »

Then Mary Donaldson as a bridesmaid at the wedding of Kylie Matthews, who was Mary's flatmate

CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2022, 10:16:25 PM »

Princess Anne was a bridesmaid at Aunt Margaret's wedding.     
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/467811480054362218
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2022, 04:14:16 PM »

Great Britain (to be continued):

- All 10 of Princess Beatrice's nieces played a role in her wedding to Prince Henry of Battenberg.

- At the wedding of King George V and Princess Mary of Teck there were 10 bridesmaids, all sisters and nieces of George.

- At the wedding of Viscount Lascelle and Princess Mary (1922) was princess Maud (granddaughter of King Edward VII) one of the 8 bridesmaids

- The Duke and Duchess of York continued with the large wedding party trend. The couple was joined by eight bridesmaids, including Queen Mary's two nieces: Lady Mary Cambridge and Lady May Cambridge

- A few months after the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of York, Lady Mary Cambridge returned to her bridesmaid duties at the Earl of Eltham and Dorothy Hastings' October wedding.

- Nine-year-old Princess Elizabeth (two decades before her coronation) served as one of eight bridesmaids at her uncle Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester's wedding to  Lady Alice Montagu Douglas Scott.

- Princess Elizabeth, Princess Alexandra, and Princess Margaret served as bridesmaids at at Lord Brabourne and Patricia Mountbatten's autumn wedding.

- Princess Elizabeth served as a bridesmaid to Vicary Gibbs and A.G.V. Elphinstone.

- Princess Margaret and Princess Alexandra were bridesmaids at Princess Elizabeth's wedding to Philip Mountbatten

- Princess Margaret was a bridesmaid at Margaret Elphinstone and Denys Rhodes' wedding at St. Margaret.

- Before Camilla became a royal, she served as a bridesmaid at Jeremy Cubitt and Diana du Cane's wedding with her younger sister, Annabelle.

- At just nine years old, Princess Anne was one of Princess Margaret's bridesmaids when she wed fashion photographer Antony Armstrong.

-  Lady Doune Ogilvy, Archduchess Elizabeth of Austria, Georgina Butter, and Emma Tennant were bridesmaids at Princess Alexandra and Angus Ogilvy's wedding

- Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, the nine-year-old daughter of Princess Margaret served as the one and only bridesmaid at Princess Anne and Mark Phillip's wedding. Prince Andrew, the younger brother of Princess Anne, was a page boy.

- India Hicks, 13, and Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, 17, wore ivory tiered dresses at the wedding of the Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.

- Four-year-old Zara Phillips served as a bridesmaid at Zara Legge-Bourke and Richard Drax's wedding.

-  Sarah Ferguson (known as "Fergie") and Prince Andrew had  wedding ceremony, with the bride's half-sister, Alice, and Prince William serving as the bridesmaid and page boy, respectively.

-  Lady Gabriella Windsor was a bridesmaid at Julia Rawlinson and James Ogilvy's summer wedding

- Eleanor Fellowes, Emily Mccorquodale and Prince Harry were part of the bridal party at the wedding of Princess Diana's brother, Viscount Althorp, and model Victoria Lockwood

- At the wedding of Serena Stanhope and  Lord Linley, the latter halfsister, Lady Frances was a bridesmaid

- Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones went for an all-white affair when she married Daniel Chatto. The bridesmaids — Lady Frances, Zara Phillips, and Tara Noble Singh — were nearly identical to the bride

- When Saffron Vestey, the daughter of Lord Vestey, married race car driver Matthew Charles Idiens they brought color — and fun — to St. Andrew's Church. Hannah Oliviennes and the Honorable Mary Vestey were the bridesmaids.

- Lady Davina Windsor leaned on her younger sister, Lady Rose Windsor, for support when she married Gary Christie Lewis at the chapel in Kensington Palace.

- Zara was a bridesmaid at the wedding of her brother Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly.

- The bridesmaids at Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's wedding went for a summer casual vibe. Stephanie Phillips, the younger half-sister of the bride, was one of the four bridesmaids.

- Princess Charlotte  served as the bridesmaid at Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' wedding.

- Princess Charlotte and her older brother prince George were part of the bridal party at the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2022, 06:27:44 PM »

I seem to remember that Princess Anne was reported as saying she didn't want "yards of uncontrollable bridesmaids"
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2022, 07:40:17 PM »

Great Britain (to be continued):

- Before Camilla became a royal, she served as a bridesmaid at Jeremy Cubitt and Diana du Cane's wedding with her younger sister, Annabelle.

- The bridesmaids at Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's wedding went for a summer casual vibe. Stephanie Phillips, the younger half-sister of the bride, was one of the four bridesmaids.

That's the first childhood photo of Camilla I've ever seen.  I've seen photos of her as a young woman in the 1960's but never as a child.

Zara's bridesmaids are my favorite - mostly for the simplicity of their dresses, and that they could actually be worn again by the bridesmaids!  (The peril of being an adult bridesmaid is being stuck with a fussy, long, unwearable-to-any-other-function or place, dress).

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2022, 12:09:26 AM »

Was not Prince Edward the pageboy at the wedding of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2022, 08:50:53 AM »

Was not Prince Edward the pageboy at the wedding of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips?

You are correct.....I was too quick:

Capt. Eric Grounds served as the groom's best man. Princess Anne's bridesmaid was her nine-year-old cousin, Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, the daughter of Princess Margaret, while her page boy was her nine-year-old brother, Prince Edward.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2022, 08:56:49 AM »

- Princess Charlotte and Prince George at the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle:

- The wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank:  Princess Beatrice of York as maid of honour. A total of six bridesmaids and two page boys were chosen: Eugenie's godchild, Maud Windsor, daughter of Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor, her cousin Peter Phillips' daughters Isla and Savannah Phillips, her cousin Zara Tindall's elder daughter Mia Tindall, her cousin the Duke of Cambridge's eldest children Prince George and Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, as well as Theodora Williams, daughter of Ayda Field and Robbie Williams, and Louis de Givenchy, son of Olivier and Zoë de Givenchy. Eugenie's cousins Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn, were also confirmed to be special attendants.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2022, 10:23:24 PM »

You are correct.....I was too quick:

Capt. Eric Grounds served as the groom's best man. Princess Anne's bridesmaid was her nine-year-old cousin, Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, the daughter of Princess Margaret, while her page boy was her nine-year-old brother, Prince Edward.

Principessa, You were not necessarily too quick.     
At the time Anne married Mark, who knew that someday she would be Lady Laurence?
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2022, 09:24:32 PM »

The bridesmaids and pageboys of Lady Tamara (Grosvenor) Van Cutsem in 2004   
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/51691125
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2022, 10:18:01 AM »

The bridal party at the wedding of of Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands and Claus van Amsberg (10 March 1966)

Princess Beatrix had six adult bridesmaids:

Princess Christina of the Netherlands
Youngest sister of the bride. Princess Christina, who was known as Princess Marijke in her youth, was born on 18 February 1947, at Soestdijk Palace, Baarn, the Netherlands. While living in New York as Christina van Oranje, the Princess started a relationship with Cuban exile Jorge Guillermo The couple were married on 28 June 1975, civilly in Baarn and then religiously in an ecumenical ceremony in the Cathedral of Saint Martin, Utrecht. They had 3 children. In June 2018, it was announced that Princess Christina had been diagnosed with bone cancer. She died on 16 August 2019, aged 72.

Christina von Amsberg
Youngest sister of the groom, who whas born in 1945. She married Hans Hubertus Baron von der Recke (1942) in 1972 and had issue.

Princess Christina of Sweden
Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, LoK av KMO (Christina Louise Helena)(3 August 1943) is the youngest of four older sisters of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden. She generally uses the name Christina Magnuson. Christina was born at Haga Palace outside Stockholm as the fourth child and youngest daughter of Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten, and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. She met her future husband, Tord Magnuson, at a lunch in Stockholm in 1961. Her engagement to Magnuson was announced on 1 February 1974. The couple married on 15 June 1974 in the Palace Church of the Royal Palace of Stockholm. The couple have three sons.

Lady Elizabeth Anson
A friend of bride and groom. Lady Elizabeth Georgiana Shakerley, (née Anson)( 7 June 1941 – 1 November 2020) was a British party planner and socialite from the Anson family. She was a first cousin once removed of Queen Elizabeth II and sister of Patrick Anson, 5th Earl of Lichfield. The Hon. Elizabeth Georgiana Anson was born on 7 June 1941 at Windsor Castle to Thomas Anson, Viscount Anson (1913–1958), and his wife, Anne Bowes-Lyon Anson's mother was a niece of Queen Elizabeth (later the Queen Mother). King George VI was her godfather. Her parents divorced in 1948. Subsequently, her mother married Prince George Valdemar of Denmark and moved to Paris. Her father died in 1958 before acceding to the Earldom of Lichfield. On 12 July 1961, Queen Elizabeth II issued a Royal Warrant of Precedence granting Anson the title, rank, place, pre-eminence and precedence of the daughter of an Earl as if her father had succeeded. Thus, she became known as Lady Elizabeth Anson. Following the stress of planning her own debutante ball in 1959, Lady Elizabeth founded the firm Party Planners in 1960. On 27 July 1972, Anson married Sir Geoffrey Shakerley, 6th Bt, at Westminster Abbey. Lady Elizabeth and Shakerley separated in 1986 and divorced in 2009 They had one daughter.

Jonkvrouwe Joanna Roëll
A friend of the bride, from a family strongly affiliated with the Dutch royal family. Joanna was the daughter of a former lady-in-waiting to Queen Juliana (Beatrix's mother). Röell (also Roëll) is a Dutch regent family, which descends from a German noble family of the same name.

Jonkvrouwe Eugénie Loudon
a Dutch noble and friend of the bride

The junior bridesmaids were Daphne Stewart-Clark and Carolijn Alting von Geusau, with page boys Joachim Jencquel and Markus von Oeynhausen-Sierstorpf.

Page boy Markus Count von Oeynhausen-Sierstorpff:partly shares same ancestors with the groom as well the bride

Page boy Joachim Jenquel: a nephew of the groom, son of Sigrid von Amsberg, sister of the groom.

Flower girl Daphne Stewart-Clark: daughter of Sir John Stewart-Clark, 3rd Baronet and of Jonkvrouw Lydia Frederika Loudon, befriended with the bride.

Flower girl Jonkvrouw Carolijn Alting von Geusau: a daughter of Jonkheer François Alting von Geusau (son of a Chamberlain to Queen Juliana) and of Anna Maria Houben (daughter of the then Governor of Limbourg), both befriended with the bride.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2022, 10:04:01 PM »

When I look at the photos of the weddings of the various UK and European royals, I wonder how the various little boys felt in some of the -- to my eyes, at least -- ridiculous getups they had to wear. I think here in the US, little girls who are in a wedding party have lovely frocks, but there is seldom the impetus to put boys into any sort of period costume.  There certainly have been some over-the-top outfits for boys in various royal weddings.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: