Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harald and Sonja news  (Read 225730 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: January 31, 2021, 08:48:36 PM »

He should be mainly a part-time royal. But Hakoon is (1) not ready, (2) not a workhorse ... So maybe he keeps going until he dies (much like Marge) that he does not have to watch MM with dark roots and a curtain a debatable frock and a smug face becoming queen and Hakoon with brown shoes following her path until they disappear at some self-finding sessions somewhere.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: February 01, 2021, 10:28:17 AM »

He should be mainly a part-time royal. But Hakoon is (1) not ready, (2) not a workhorse ... So maybe he keeps going until he dies (much like Marge) that he does not have to watch MM with dark roots and a curtain a debatable frock and a smug face becoming queen and Hakoon with brown shoes following her path until they disappear at some self-finding sessions somewhere.

Sometimes people need to be thrown into the cold water. I think with Haakon this could work.

Fred sadly will never be ready.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: February 01, 2021, 11:31:31 AM »

I find Haakon probably the best prepared heir in Norways royal history, with a big positive compared to his father and grandfather, he is not shy and is outgoing and has an easy way with press and public. Harald was painfully shy for quite a few years, and his good humour and easy way has come with age.

Haakon has been regent many times and for longer periodes and IMO done it well, I dont think any of his fellow heirs has had so much time as a regents as he has. He has done and hosted all types of events alone, state visits, opening of Stortinget new years speech, audiences, dinners and what not, in his fathers absences.

Even if his many events dont get so much attention he has events almost every day, often several.

Then there is a tradition in Norway to look sceptical at the heir: How could Olav take over from our first King. How could Harald follow the popular "Peoples king" and now Harald is probably at his height of popularity...lets just say it looks like we like our Kings quite old Roll Eyes

What happens with his wife I dont know, but Haakon will stick to his role Im sure of it, the problem is the preassure that will fall on his dauthers shoulder next january when she turns 18, and she will more or less be the sole young female royal in Norway considering the probably limited role her mother will have.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: February 01, 2021, 02:29:49 PM »

I find Haakon probably the best prepared heir in Norways royal history, with a big positive compared to his father and grandfather, he is not shy and is outgoing and has an easy way with press and public. Harald was painfully shy for quite a few years, and his good humour and easy way has come with age.

Haakon has been regent many times and for longer periodes and IMO done it well, I dont think any of his fellow heirs has had so much time as a regents as he has. He has done and hosted all types of events alone, state visits, opening of Stortinget new years speech, audiences, dinners and what not, in his fathers absences.

Even if his many events dont get so much attention he has events almost every day, often several.

Then there is a tradition in Norway to look sceptical at the heir: How could Olav take over from our first King. How could Harald follow the popular "Peoples king" and now Harald is probably at his height of popularity...lets just say it looks like we like our Kings quite old Roll Eyes

What happens with his wife I dont know, but Haakon will stick to his role Im sure of it, the problem is the preassure that will fall on his dauthers shoulder next january when she turns 18, and she will more or less be the sole young female royal in Norway considering the probably limited role her mother will have.

Thank you for the insight. Star

Yes, IA won't have it easy. I know SM is still too young to be considered as help. But do you think he will in the future?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: February 01, 2021, 07:18:07 PM »

Larzen, I do agree with you.
I think almost all transitions are somewhat painful (with the exception of the spanish one). People have come to love and accept the current souvereign and the new one is initially doubted. I think this is fairly normal in evolution, the ending of one epoch and the beginning of a new one is always a matter of insecurtity, doubts and change.
I think this is best evidenced in GB: every new monarch was side-eyed: the far too young Victoria (who was, next to being unprepared also female!) the unprepared, scandal-ridden Prince Edward, the terribly shy and stammering Bertie, the again far too young and female Elisabeth - and all become quite beloved and admired. Now we hear and see comments about Charles being unprepared (what?) and incapable. Yet I believe if he has the time to put a bit of a stamp to his reign, again, everybody will question whether William will ever be able to be as good as his father...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: February 07, 2021, 06:11:14 PM »

Thanks for the insight ... I think Harald is just very popular and he is doing a lovely job - he is regal but very warm and caring at the same time. I don't think we will ever see much work done by MM (whether she can't or won't will remain secret) so there would be a visible shift to put responsibility  on IA. She is 17, so she deserves a few more "normal" years before she really lifts heavy weights.

ML would have been perfect to step in, but this is not happening for obvious reasons.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: February 12, 2021, 04:59:10 PM »

https://www.kongehuset.no...tid=186578&sek=112472

Harald's sick leave has been extended until March 14

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: February 12, 2021, 08:23:46 PM »

https://www.kongehuset.no...tid=186578&sek=112472

Harald's sick leave has been extended until March 14

That doesn't sound good.

Hopefully he'll recover fully.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: February 28, 2021, 09:00:15 PM »

Bill Clinton sent Harald & Sonja greetings on the occasion of their 30 years on the throne: https://twitter.com/OAanm...tatus/1366073068976820224

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: