Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The King's Choice''  (Read 392 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2021, 05:17:52 AM »

Just saw this 2016 film about three significant days in April 1940 for the Norwegian royal family. It's Norwegian-language but well subtitled and showed up this week on Netflix.  Covers some of the same ground as the BBC's ``Atlantic Crossing'' series, but this time the focus is on King Haakon rather than Crown Princess Martha.  It was such a scary time for Norway and King Haakon's courage and integrity helped keep the country on course as a democratic republic.

Loved seeing Auntie Astrid and King Harold as little kids who were mega playful with their grandfather, King Haakon.

I think the film had the advantage of largely being filmed in the historic sites. I got the feeling, just from the decor, that parts of it may actually have been shot at the palace in Oslo, as well as the school in Elverum.  Danish actor Jesper Christensen was quite good as King Haakon, and I also liked Anders Basmo -- a Norwegian actor -- as Crown Prince Olav.

The film was Norway's submission to the Academy Awards a few years back in the best foreign film category.  I love the way the film starts with King Haakon playing hide-and-seek in the snow with the grandkids.

Here's a link to the trailer, if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNtu-bCGi18

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 06:31:52 AM »

Ooops, I goofed. I just realized I didn't see this film on Netflix, but on Amazon Prime instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: