Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 186   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 914274 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2415 on: April 20, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »

He doesn't have a title, I believe the press should show some respect and not mention him, not having refferences in his private life. He is dating someone. How strange for a young adult in the 21st century, uh?

Ok.....but:
> why reply through Royal channels, such as the Norwegian Royal website?
> who or what pays for Marius education and or living?

As someone already stated over here that both Marius and his GF like the attention and all (and also seem to look for it), but then screaming for privacy.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2416 on: April 20, 2018, 07:08:36 PM »

He doesn't have a title, I believe the press should show some respect and not mention him, not having refferences in his private life. He is dating someone. How strange for a young adult in the 21st century, uh?

Ok.....but:

Again.. this is on his parents. Itís not like Marius grew up in a vacuum and could, on his own and completely objectively, decide how he would conduct his life when he turned 18. MM, Haakon and Morten brought him up together. They shaped his view on his position and possibilities in the world. If he acts out of order or is entitled itís on them.
As for who is paying for his parents perhaps/probably helping him out: again thatís on his parents not on Marius. He had ZERO influence on his mother marrying Haakon and it would be absurd if he wasnít allowed any economic interaction with his mother because of her choices Blink
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2417 on: April 29, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »

MM attended the 150th anniversary celebrations of Det Norske Samlaget. Det Norske Samlaget was founded in 1868 and is a Norwegian publishing house established for the purpose of introducing, promoting and publishing books in Nynorsk (one of the two written standards of the Norwegian language).

sal89

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2418 on: April 29, 2018, 02:36:29 PM »

Where can I get these shoes!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2419 on: April 29, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »

From Malone Souliers!  Smiley I like them too!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:52:03 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #2420 on: April 29, 2018, 02:48:39 PM »

I thought the same, is the first time ever I like something that MM wearing at first sight  I didnít know why she insisted on wear those unflattering high collar/neck styles, the top part of the dress looks like will burst in some areas and please get a good bra, because your girls are almost touching your waist  Crap 

Coatdress

Ignore
« Reply #2421 on: April 29, 2018, 02:50:45 PM »

Ok.....but:

Again.. this is on his parents. Itís not like Marius grew up in a vacuum and could, on his own and completely objectively, decide how he would conduct his life when he turned 18. MM, Haakon and Morten brought him up together. They shaped his view on his position and possibilities in the world. If he acts out of order or is entitled itís on them.
As for who is paying for his parents perhaps/probably helping him out: again thatís on his parents not on Marius. He had ZERO influence on his mother marrying Haakon and it would be absurd if he wasnít allowed any economic interaction with his mother because of her choices Blink

If he wasn't allowed any economic interaction with MM, we would be talking about what a horrible mother MM was for not supporting her child and how she favors her royal-born children over her firstborn son.  
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2422 on: April 29, 2018, 07:33:47 PM »

The problem is that he is lacking a clear definition of role. At the first glance easy: He is a commoner. His mom is a royal. His half-sister will be Queen of Norway. His half-brother is the spare. Marius decided to be a commoner, which is less complicated because finding a semi-offical role within the royal family when he is not related to the present king would have been hard.

He used the connections and the status of mom for his education and life style. So far, yes. If he had had a different life style it would have looked silly. And he was a kid - after all being a patchwork kid is never easy. Growing up in the public eye is not easy. So nobody minded.

If he consequently wanted to lead the life of a commoner he would do what a lot of kids do his age: He would go to college, or university or do an apprenticeship and prepare himself for a future where he is earning his own money. If he had done so in the US where he is not known things would have worked out for him.

But he has crossed the line back in the glamour world. His appearance is that of a teenager, not that of a mature young man working at his future (and yes, I am superficially judging a book by its cover). Second hint that he will not be a normal commoner: his choice of girlfriend - he has a girlfriend who is working with the public. And she is not a girl who is working hard to educate herself as an investment for her future. He dropped out of college (a lot of kids do) - but he is working as a "designer" which is -sorry- ridiculous because he has no background and if he gets hired not because of talent BUT because his mom his the one-day-to-be-Queen of Norway and he is known there.
So he crossed the line.

Surely this life style does not come cheap. Nobody would mind if there was an indication that he is working hard to be in a position of financial independence one day in the future. But ... there is no indication that this is going to happen. At the moment he is using all the perks and financial possibilities his mom can provide for him, he is complaining about the public interest (and I think as he is indirectly financed by the Norwegan taxpayer they are having a right to know what happens to their money - at the moment it does not look as it is helping him to become an independent young man). And then he starts the whining ... it is all perks and no sense of duty. Sounds familiar?
Apple did not fall far from the tree there.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2423 on: April 29, 2018, 07:43:52 PM »

The problem is that he is lacking a clear definition of role. At the first glance easy: He is a commoner. His mom is a royal. His half-sister will be Queen of Norway. His half-brother is the spare. Marius decided to be a commoner, which is less complicated because finding a semi-offical role within the royal family when he is not related to the present king would have been hard.

He used the connections and the status of mom for his education and life style. So far, yes. If he had had a different life style it would have looked silly. And he was a kid - after all being a patchwork kid is never easy. Growing up in the public eye is not easy. So nobody minded.

If he consequently wanted to lead the life of a commoner he would do what a lot of kids do his age: He would go to college, or university or do an apprenticeship and prepare himself for a future where he is earning his own money. If he had done so in the US where he is not known things would have worked out for him.

But he has crossed the line back in the glamour world. His appearance is that of a teenager, not that of a mature young man working at his future (and yes, I am superficially judging a book by its cover). Second hint that he will not be a normal commoner: his choice of girlfriend - he has a girlfriend who is working with the public. And she is not a girl who is working hard to educate herself as an investment for her future. He dropped out of college (a lot of kids do) - but he is working as a "designer" which is -sorry- ridiculous because he has no background and if he gets hired not because of talent BUT because his mom his the one-day-to-be-Queen of Norway and he is known there.
So he crossed the line.

Surely this life style does not come cheap. Nobody would mind if there was an indication that he is working hard to be in a position of financial independence one day in the future. But ... there is no indication that this is going to happen. At the moment he is using all the perks and financial possibilities his mom can provide for him, he is complaining about the public interest (and I think as he is indirectly financed by the Norwegan taxpayer they are having a right to know what happens to their money - at the moment it does not look as it is helping him to become an independent young man). And then he starts the whining ... it is all perks and no sense of duty. Sounds familiar?
Apple did not fall far from the tree there.

Marius did not decide to be commoner Blink He is one, because heís not born into the NRF. His role has been more or less planned out by his parents, including his stepfather. Theyíre responsible for any messiness IMO.

As he didnít choose to become a member of a royal family (in whatever way or shape he is that) we donít really want dishing on him. At least stick to facts and not fiction another time.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2424 on: April 29, 2018, 09:00:23 PM »

Malone Souliers  Brenda Stripe Heel

on sale for $313.00 here: https://shop.malonesoulie...renda?variant=16757938951

this was the result of a quick search so might find them cheaper somewhere else.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2425 on: May 15, 2018, 06:40:00 PM »

MM visited the technology conference Katapult Future Fest in Oslo

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2426 on: May 24, 2018, 02:58:09 PM »

MM attended a seminar on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in Oslo today

sal89

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2427 on: May 25, 2018, 06:28:30 PM »

Malone Souliers  Brenda Stripe Heel

on sale for $313.00 here: https://shop.malonesoulie...renda?variant=16757938951

this was the result of a quick search so might find them cheaper somewhere else.

Wow thank you so much Princess! So sorry I'm just now seeing this. They have one left in my size so I am ordering them! Eeeep!
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2428 on: June 06, 2018, 10:28:44 AM »

https://www.therealmyroya...ture-of-the-preparations/
 I love that MM is an avid reader and  the literature train is a smart idea!
The instagram pic is very nice and the sitting room is also very cosy. 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2429 on: June 06, 2018, 02:00:03 PM »

https://www.therealmyroya...ture-of-the-preparations/
 I love that MM is an avid reader and  the literature train is a smart idea!
The instagram pic is very nice and the sitting room is also very cosy. 

In the Netherlands they acknowledge that many people are reading in the trains, especially by the Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS) (= Dutch Railways). The NS is the main provider on the Dutch railway tracks (and used to be the only one until the privatization of the railway in the Netherlands)

Reading coupe in a Dutch train (NS)

Comment on Dutch train about reading (Lekker lezen doe je in de trein = You enjoy reading in the train)

Link to the Dutch language site of the NS about reading in the train.
https://www.ns.nl/uitgelicht/tijd-voor-lezen

The NS has been working with the Stichting CPNB (Collective Propaganda of the Dutch Book) since 2001 and has sponsored the following large promotional campaigns.
> Book Week (March)
> The Children's Book Week (October)
> The NS Audience Award (October and November)

For example you have a free train ride during the weekend of the Dutch Book Week when you have the Book Week gift with you. This is a small book written by selected Dutch author, you can receive it when purchasing a book in a bookstore. But also authors who were present at a train ride and would give a lecture or related.

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 186   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: