Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 176   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 799374 times)
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2505 on: October 24, 2018, 10:05:53 PM »

I'm really sorry to learn this, and wish the Crown Princess and her family all the best.
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2506 on: October 24, 2018, 10:21:39 PM »

Oh this is bad, potential very bad.

The lung damage caused by pulmonary fibrosis can't be repaired, but medications and therapies can sometimes help ease symptoms and improve quality of life. For some people, a lung transplant might be appropriate.

The course of pulmonary fibrosis ó and the severity of symptoms ó can vary considerably from person to person. Some people become ill very quickly with severe disease. Others have moderate symptoms that worsen more slowly, over months or years.

Of course we don't have access to the full report but as PeDe said above the damage that has already occurred is irreversible.   If they believe it's autoimmune related then they will put her on immuno-suppressants, to slow progression, which will make her more vulnerable to infection.   Not considering whatever else the autoimmune disease is doing to her body.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #2507 on: October 24, 2018, 10:42:21 PM »

I'm very sorry to read that she's been diagnosed with this chronic lung disease. Sad
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2508 on: October 24, 2018, 10:44:11 PM »

This is unexpected and very sad news. This disease is quite a severe one Sad
Hopefully she has access to the best treatments available.

Mary Stuart

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2509 on: October 24, 2018, 10:56:56 PM »

So sad. From what I read life expectancy is 2-3 years. This must be tremendously difficult for Haakon and Mette Marit and the children.

Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2510 on: October 24, 2018, 11:01:49 PM »

So sad. From what I read life expectancy is 2-3 years. This must be tremendously difficult for Haakon and Mette Marit and the children.

I've seen 3-5 years but it all depends on how severe the disease is at diagnose.   At least they will have the chance to prepare the children.   Being that they children will be watching her get worse and worse I hope they start offering supportive services (like therapy) early on.   Teenage years are hard enough without watching your mother die.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2511 on: October 24, 2018, 11:07:38 PM »

Horrible news for MM and the family. I didnít realize she could have a such a shortened life expectancy. Hopefully she has been diagnosed early enough that it will give her more time and a better quality of life.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2512 on: October 24, 2018, 11:10:07 PM »

Thatís very sad news Sad
tyffi

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2513 on: October 24, 2018, 11:10:20 PM »

This is really sad to read. At least - like others said before - she has access to the best medical treatment. Not that it would miraculously heal her, but... You know what I mean.

All the best to her and her family.
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2514 on: October 24, 2018, 11:12:11 PM »

I've seen 3-5 years but it all depends on how severe the disease is at diagnose.   At least they will have the chance to prepare the children.   Being that they children will be watching her get worse and worse I hope they start offering supportive services (like therapy) early on.   Teenage years are hard enough without watching your mother die.

Wow both life expectancies are terribly tragic!
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2515 on: October 24, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »

That's very sad.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2516 on: October 24, 2018, 11:30:15 PM »

This is indeed very sad news for Mette-Marit and her family.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #2517 on: October 24, 2018, 11:37:18 PM »

I guess this just goes to show you that you never know what is going on in people's lives, no matter how public those lives are  No Even though they are saying they caught it early, the underlying issues are probably somewhat the cause of her missing days/engagements and various health retreats. Even with top-notch medical care and money, it can take doctors years to figure out a diagnosis with symptoms as non-specific as what this condition causes. I saw that with a good friend's mom.

But having a diagnosis does help bring a sense of closure and stop the "am I crazy?" feedback that happens when you know something is wrong but doctors either say there isn't or they can't figure it out.

Sending prayers to the whole NRF and especially MM, Haakon and the kids.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2518 on: October 24, 2018, 11:57:01 PM »

So sad sad news Sad Sad Sad Anyone knows if she receives a lung transplant, her life expectancy will be higher?

KeepingUpApp...

Baby Member

Slovenia Slovenia

Ignore
« Reply #2519 on: October 25, 2018, 12:04:45 AM »

So sad sad news Sad Sad Sad Anyone knows if she receives a lung transplant, her life expectancy will be higher?

Yes, that's the best medical course of action.
It's not a cure but it and improve and prolongue patient's life significantly.

I am really sad to hear about her condition and I wish the progression of illness will be a slow one.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 176   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: