Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 185   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 872370 times)
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #2550 on: October 25, 2018, 03:20:01 PM »

Terrible news! I was neutral about her but her work ethic really annoyed me. Now I understand and feel so so sorry for her and her family. Praying for them and really hoping she will live many more happy years.
Kemenate

Mini Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2551 on: October 25, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »

Saw that interview, she is a brave woman.
I also found that little gem. Should i send that source to her?

https://pulmonaryfibrosis...eversing-tissue-scarring/
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2552 on: October 25, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »

I really hope she stops smoking now and lives a more healthier life-style: stops going to those posh/jet-set parties all over the world (I belive those circles are not healthy and full of bad habits), eats well and enjoys nature and her family. Cronic disease is horrible but there is a few steps she can take to improve and ease her day-life.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2553 on: October 26, 2018, 01:24:12 AM »

Distressing news for such a young person.  She is very brave.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2554 on: October 26, 2018, 12:52:43 PM »

I watched the interview even if the English subtitles didnít work for me. She is very brave indeed, the pain and emotion she has been going through were clearly noticeable in her eyes. I had never heard about the disease, although she has the best healthcare possible, the prognosis is very bad. She is only 45, and a life expectancy of (optimistically speaking) 10 years is still a devastating prospect.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #2555 on: October 26, 2018, 12:55:57 PM »

I watched the interview even if the English subtitles didnít work for me. She is very brave indeed, the pain and emotion she has been going through were clearly noticeable in her eyes. I had never heard about the disease, although she has the best healthcare possible, the prognosis is very bad. She is only 45, and a life expectancy of (optimistically speaking) 10 years is still a devastating prospect.

This is devastating. The possibility of life ending in your mid 50ís is tragic.

Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2556 on: October 26, 2018, 01:01:58 PM »

Just awful for her and the family - my father died young and I have never got over it really - without realizing how fragile I feel sometimes I just cry - the grief is awful and it comes on with no warning - one moment I seem - to others - fine - and then the tears just pour down my face and I am devastated and bereft . . . I hope her family finds a way to go forward in the best way they can . .  
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2557 on: October 26, 2018, 04:16:11 PM »

I am very sorry to hear that. I am sure though that she will receive best possible care, I read somewhere that the disease is progressing slowly in her case and that a lung transplant would be possible. So hopefully it is not as bad as it sounds now.
YellowPoppy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2558 on: October 26, 2018, 04:30:35 PM »

Just awful for her and the family - my father died young and I have never got over it really - without realizing how fragile I feel sometimes I just cry - the grief is awful and it comes on with no warning - one moment I seem - to others - fine - and then the tears just pour down my face and I am devastated and bereft . . . I hope her family finds a way to go forward in the best way they can . .  

Hugs to you Hug

Once you are Real you can?t be ugly, except to people who don?t understand. - The Velveteen Rabbit
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2559 on: October 26, 2018, 04:37:08 PM »

Hugs to you Hug

😀
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2560 on: October 27, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »

The question for me is, who will replace MM in her sick times. Haakon's parents aren't getting younger. Mšrtha is happy with her life. Will it be Ingrid Alexandra?

IA is far too young. I would assume that Haakon will just manage on his own until IA finishes university.

That would be wise.   ML can step in as need to fill the time between when MM steps down completely and when IA is say 25 (a good age in my mind to start full-time royal duties for any heir or heir to the heir).   Gives IA plenty of time for university (undergrad and grad school if desired) and maybe an embassy internship and/or military training (not that any heir should be encouraged to be active duty because they will never be deployed but they should have an understanding).
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2561 on: October 27, 2018, 06:58:38 PM »

Did they say anything in the interview about her prognosis? In German TV they said depending what she has, she might have a rather normal life expectancy, can be treated to slow down the process or she can have a lung transplant. All not nice things but also that sounds hopeful.

Once ML's kids are bigger, I'd expect her to fill in. I hope they don't rely too early on IA.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #2562 on: October 27, 2018, 07:02:29 PM »

A couple of days later and I am still pretty shocked at this news. Reading that this is sometimes tied to autoimmune issues makes a lot of sense in Mette Marits case. Her years of health issues always sort of had the pattern of someone suffering from an undiagnosed (or unacknowledged publicly) autoimmune disease. I hope she is granted many many years still for the sake of IA especially. That young girl is going to have a lot on her shoulders as a result of this.  

BaileyB

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2563 on: October 27, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »

Did they say anything in the interview about her prognosis? In German TV they said depending what she has, she might have a rather normal life expectancy, can be treated to slow down the process or she can have a lung transplant. All not nice things but also that sounds hopeful.

Once ML's kids are bigger, I'd expect her to fill in. I hope they don't rely too early on IA.

The average life expectancy is 3 to 5 years. Some studies put it at 2.5 years. She is younger than the avg age of diagnosis and some do manage to hold on for a long time but if there is an autoimmune aspect for Mette-Marit I doubt that helps her chances. Lung transplants can help but sadly only 51% of patients that get those are alive after 5 years. If it turns out there is an autoimmune aspect as well then I think this is  a situation where she will be lucky to see her younger two grow up. It isnít nice to think of but this is a terminal illness and it is an terrible  way to go. I really hope she is one of the flukes who has a decade of more ahead where she can be there for her kids and have some quality of life.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2564 on: October 27, 2018, 08:28:30 PM »

Like with cystic fibrosis, there is a quite a spectrum from moderate and quite manageable to very severe and very life changing/shortening. We have no way of knowing how severe MM's case is and can only hope she falls into the less severe cases, that can be managed with medication. In such a case her life expectancy would not be that much shorter than normal. Treatment improves as research finds new information and possibilities, so all the reason to get your hopes up.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 185   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: